ROM Hack [Completed] Love Plus English Translation Patch

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu9000 said:
I've always been curious about how people localize the quirkiness of Japanese girl-speak. I usually see it localized as a California "Valley-girl" airhead accent, and other times I've seen translators not deal with it at all and just do a straight up normal translation like "Dad went to eat sushi at Ginza and then took a taxi from Roppongi." I think the airhead accent works pretty well--it gets across the personality of the character.

So ?????????? means 50,010? Is this an amount of money? If so, are you localizing to US dollars? You could try something like "Five Benjamins and a Hamilton" or "5 Benjies and a Hammy" or something to that effect. If it's not a monetary amount, I'm not sure what I'd do to keep the original quirkiness. I guess how you tackle this would depend on the context of the number.

So ?????????? means 50,010?

vandawn

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
nah "moe" is just fine
feels more realistic to those that ever watched an ecchi anime xD
about rinko's well i think the word "wowsher" was about "shower" or something
but so far its understandable as it is
biggrin.gif

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a minor accident and now my back and shoulders hurt. Nothing serious but I'll have to refrain from typing for a week or so. T_T Sorry for any inconvenience. For anything that needs answer, I'll try to answer them when I get better.

vandawn

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
jjjewel said:
I had a minor accident and now my back and shoulders hurt. Nothing serious but I'll have to refrain from typing for a week or so. T_T Sorry for any inconvenience. For anything that needs answer, I'll try to answer them when I get better.

hope you are ok..
try to get better
your people needs you
smile.gif

ariltonsama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the game always crashes after the kiss around day 180. Does anyone know to resolve? Sorry for my bad english and congratulations on your patch. (I use R4 with wood most updated)

Gurukof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
jjjewel said:

boy that sucks
hope you re not seriously injured
take it easy and get better soon

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel said:
no problem bro accidents happen i understand that.

Jubond

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grammar error:

When you first meet Manaka at the tennis courts, she mentions that all the other members are at a party. The PC says something along the lines of "You don't join them..?"

It should be "you didn't join them...?"

Manaka's next line is "I'm house sitting."

Another error shortly after:

Manaka says "Its fine. Always help out one another when in trouble. Right?"

The text would flow better by changing the period before "Right?" to a comma.

"Its fine. Always help out one another when in trouble, right?"

bobbytheD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokefreak2008 said:
how much of the game is playable? how long will i be able to play it before i have to wait for the next patch if i try to play it with the current patch?

PLENTY of it is playable. it's a lot of fun. some of the dialogue here and there has not been translated, but on the whole, there is enough there already to easily play the game, and nearly ALL of the first 100 days of play has all the translated dialogue.

just DL it and give it a try!

and now, i am going back to hang out with Takane
nayps3.gif

darkdrake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jubond said:
Grammar error:

When you first meet Manaka at the tennis courts, she mentions that all the other members are at a party. The PC says something along the lines of "You don't join them..?"

It should be "you didn't join them...?"

Manaka's next line is "I'm house sitting."

Another error shortly after:

Manaka says "Its fine. Always help out one another when in trouble. Right?"

The text would flow better by changing the period before "Right?" to a comma.

"Its fine. Always help out one another when in trouble, right?"
I agree.. every time i came across this section i've just though "House sitting?!?"

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you're truly obsessive, it'd be:
It's fine. Always help one another when in trouble, right?

Remember, It's is "it is", and its is plural for it.

Remember to take a look at the scripts on the wiki page, since I believe those will be in the next release. Only jjjewel could confirm that.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
happy.gif
I'm back. My neck still hurts but it's getting better. Anyway, I might not be quite active on the forum for a while. (And I don't mind people calling me "bro". Haha, although sometimes I feel a bit awkward to work on this project.
tongue.gif
)

Back to the business. I'll start posting more scripts soon. The format maybe slightly different. (I'll combine the Japanese script and English translation together, so it's easier for the editors who know Japanese to double-check.) I'll also put some scripts that need translation there too.

The scripts will be labeled "Translation" (for the ones that need translation), "Edit 1" (for first draft editing), "Edit 2" (for second draft editing), etc.

I'll let you know when I finish updating the scripts.

Thanks so much for your help. And if anyone finds any more errors, please feel free to post here or report via the Error Report form (link on the first page.)

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IAmTheRad said:

Remember to take a look at the scripts on the wiki page, since I believe those will be in the next release. Only jjjewel could confirm that.

Wait... what? I always thought the word "its" is a possessive pronoun... unless you are translating the word "its" as plural in Engrish, in which case, I'm not too familiar with.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xdarkx said:
IAmTheRad said:

Wait... what? I always thought the word "its" is a possessive pronoun... unless you are translating the word "its" as plural in Engrish, in which case, I'm not too familiar with.
Its is the possessive form, it's is the contraction of it is. Therefore, it's is what you're looking for in "It's fine."

AsianLOL

Trophies
XP
Country
bobbytheD said:
pokefreak2008 said:
how much of the game is playable? how long will i be able to play it before i have to wait for the next patch if i try to play it with the current patch?

PLENTY of it is playable. it's a lot of fun. some of the dialogue here and there has not been translated, but on the whole, there is enough there already to easily play the game, and nearly ALL of the first 100 days of play has all the translated dialogue.

just DL it and give it a try!

and now, i am going back to hang out with Takane
nayps3.gif

Doesn't this really only apply if you take the Takane path? I was originally going down that one but then for some reason it shifted to Nene being my top girl choice (or highest affection rate, i suppose), then got up to a point where it's all Japanese again.
I'll probably just start a new game and make sure i go down the Takane path.. I was focusing too much on just putting my stats up LOL

Oh and is there any news on the progress?
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk