ROM Hack [Completed] Love Plus English Translation Patch

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you approach 208 with the intent of reading it like a country song, it starts off really funny.

Almost finished with all of the scripts. I should get the post-confession scripts finished the next time I work on it.

Teclo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.backloggery.com
XP
Country
xdarkx said:
IAmTheRad said:
If you're truly obsessive, it'd be:
It's fine. Always help one another when in trouble, right?

Remember, It's is "it is", and its is plural for it.

Remember to take a look at the scripts on the wiki page, since I believe those will be in the next release. Only jjjewel could confirm that.

Wait... what? I always thought the word "its" is a possessive pronoun... unless you are translating the word "its" as plural in Engrish, in which case, I'm not too familiar with.
You're right. I have no idea what he means by the plural for "it is", since "it is" is neither singular or plural. "It", when used in that way, is just a generic subject for a sentence, since in English you need to "force" a subject - unlike in languages like Spanish. For example, in Spanish you can apparently just say the word for "raining" to declare that's what the weather's doing; in English you have to say "it's raining" even though what "it" is isn't particularly clear (or relevant).

darkdrake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OceanBlue said:
If you approach 208 with the intent of reading it like a country song, it starts off really funny.
Haha!! you're so right! i'm tempted to print this out and write a song with my ukulele

Teclo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.backloggery.com
XP
Country
I just got to the post-confession part. Does anyone have a list of the various things you can say to her and the answers you can give to her questions (it's Rinko if that makes a difference). I've managed to get "boku no koto suki?" to work but "suki na eiga?" or "suki na tabemono?" never seem to register, nor does any other question I've seen associated with this mode. I have no idea what the options are for her various questions such as "what's your favourite store?" and "what's your favourite event?" I tried to think of a Japanese store and the one that came into my head was Gamers in Akihabara. I said that (like ゲーマズ) and she said "Tsk" and seemed annoyed. Dunno if that's due to an unrecognised word or because she hates Akihabara.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Teclo said:
I just got to the post-confession part. Does anyone have a list of the various things you can say to her and the answers you can give to her questions (it's Rinko if that makes a difference). I've managed to get "boku no koto suki?" to work but "suki na eiga?" or "suki na tabemono?" never seem to register, nor does any other question I've seen associated with this mode. I have no idea what the options are for her various questions such as "what's your favourite store?" and "what's your favourite event?" I tried to think of a Japanese store and the one that came into my head was Gamers in Akihabara. I said that (like ????) and she said "Tsk" and seemed annoyed. Dunno if that's due to an unrecognised word or because she hates Akihabara.
I know that people from the Love Plus discussion board had posted a list of all questions/answers somewhere. You might ask them there or post your question in the shout box on the Love Plus Guide site. (Anyway, it also depends on how good your pronunciation is. Many times the girls won't recognize your question and will answer something so unrelated.)

----

By the way, for all the girls, there will still be untranslated scripts left. Especially the scripts when you walk to/from school and the ones where you talk at the restaurants. I don't think we can finish this part any time soon. You can keep playing and after this walking/talking part, you'll see some more English scripts again.

----
A bit update on graphics. The graphics in the new patch will be something like this.
007ie.png

012i.png

013mn.png

(The event list on the left screen of the calendar has to be all cap (EVENT instead of Event) to solve the text messing up problem.)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More people should tell you this, but I think your an amazing person for doing this. I've only played bits(waiting til its fully playable) of this game but I can tell its an incredibly unique game that thousands will enjoy and your doing gamerkind a great deed. so thank you beyond words jjjewel!

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im gonna try this but i gotta tell you you're an awesome dood. ill tell you what i think of the translation not tht im not impressed already. the translations gonna blow me away. and any of you heard of the love plus being developed for the 3ds too bad thats another game not coming here
mad.gif

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but during the first date at the Theme Park after visiting the haunted house one of the speeches (only one) is in japanese, after that it's translated. Perhaps you havent translated it yet, or it was skipped accidently?

Anyway, the translation seems to be pretty good so far. ^^
Just curious, will the love advice thing and the event things be translated later on?

shade3134

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skelletonike said:
Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but during the first date at the Theme Park after visiting the haunted house one of the speeches (only one) is in japanese, after that it's translated. Perhaps you havent translated it yet, or it was skipped accidently?

Just curious, will the love advice thing and the event things be translated later on?
A lot of it's not translated. For the most part, you should probably only get through the Pre-Confession now if you don't want to miss anything.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm uploading some new files for editing. I'll post the link soon when it's done.
happy.gif

IAmTheRad said:
Those new graphics are looking slick. Are all the days of the week set just as the first letter?
Yep, since we don't have much space to put Mon, Tue, Wed, etc. The smallest space we have is only 4x8 pixel. You will only see S. and S. with different color for Sat and Sun on the left screen.

QUOTE(Skelletonike @ Mar 31 2011, 03:46 PM) Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but during the first date at the Theme Park after visiting the haunted house one of the speeches (only one) is in japanese, after that it's translated. Perhaps you havent translated it yet, or it was skipped accidently?

Most of the conversation when you walk to/from school with the girls and the conversation at the date locations are not fully translated yet. And usually I inserted scripts as a batch, so even scripts with very partial translations are inserted too.

I've only finished a little bit of the love advice part. (I usually don't read it when I play so I put it at very low priority.) The event part has been translated already.
wink.gif
I'll add the love advice part for open translation soon in case someone might be able to help.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
jjjewel said:
Okay, I'm uploading some new files for editing. I'll post the link soon when it's done.
happy.gif

IAmTheRad said:
Those new graphics are looking slick. Are all the days of the week set just as the first letter?
Yep, since we don't have much space to put Mon, Tue, Wed, etc. The smallest space we have is only 4x8 pixel. You will only see S. and S. with different color for Sat and Sun on the left screen.

QUOTE(Skelletonike @ Mar 31 2011, 03:46 PM) Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but during the first date at the Theme Park after visiting the haunted house one of the speeches (only one) is in japanese, after that it's translated. Perhaps you havent translated it yet, or it was skipped accidently?

Most of the conversation when you walk to/from school with the girls and the conversation at the date locations are not fully translated yet. And usually I inserted scripts as a batch, so even scripts with very partial translations are inserted too.

I've only finished a little bit of the love advice part. (I usually don't read it when I play so I put it at very low priority.) The event part has been translated already.
wink.gif
I'll add the love advice part for open translation soon in case someone might be able to help.
Yeah, my bad. I didnt mean the event one but rather the love advice one. xP

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skelletonike said:
Yeah, my bad. I didnt mean the event one but rather the love advice one. xP
There's the date spot part that I haven't translated either.
happy.gif
I might put that part on open translation too. (This part kind of tells you that you can enjoy playing bowling if you go to bowling alleys, or you can enjoy swimming if you go to swimming pool, blah blah. So I put it on low priority list as well.)

------

Now, some more scripts with new format. (Not much different, but this time we have Japanese text along with the English translation. So you can double check the translation too. Anyway, there are Japanese jokes/puns/etc. that aren't directly translated. If you can think of better translations, you can change them.)

A new rule is that you must highlight any changes you made. Or if it's easier, you can highlight the whole sentence or the whole dialog.

More scripts for editors/translators with new format
https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans...w-script-format

I think I set the privacy correctly and all the files should be available for public editing. If not, please let me know.

I'll have to update Manaka's files from the old format first, so I'll add some more files later.

Any comments or suggestions for this new format are welcomed.
wub.gif

P.S. I have only reviewed/double-checked some of the files. You might find a lot of obvious grammar/spelling errors. Please help fix them.

Edited: There's a Discussion option on Google Docs. You might try that out if you want to leave a comment for other editors/translators. (I think it's a new feature, or maybe I've just never noticed that.
tongue.gif
)

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'd like to help with the open translation parts, but all I can do is spell checking at most. =O
Seems interesting tho. ^^

Btw, do you have any ideas as to when the next patch will be released?

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skelletonike said:
I'd like to help with the open translation parts, but all I can do is spell checking at most. =O
Seems interesting tho. ^^

Btw, do you have any ideas as to when the next patch will be released?
Thank you for helping.
wub.gif

Nene's birthday is April 20. I'll try to release the patch before that.
(If you have Nene as your girlfriend, don't forget to buy a present for her in advance.)

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I went with Takane, it was a hard choice, but she was the cutest one (well, innocent looking girls are all the rage). xP
I'll eventualy get the others too since there's 3 save slots.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
VGMaster64 said:
Skelletonike said:
I wonder if Capcom will be nice enough to bring Love Plus 3D to english users...

Do you mean Konami?

Yeah, Konami! >.<
My bad, was looking at some Capcom games and mistook them. xP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.