ROM Hack [Completed] Love Plus English Translation Patch

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Or you could shorten to something like (since I don't think you really need the "commuting to" part):
+----------------------+
A casual bag that's
great for school or
work, or as a bludgeon.

Great. Thank you very much.

BTW, I still haven't decided the date for the next patch release yet. (I'm still editing some scripts.) But it should be some time this week.

vandawn

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hahahaha an easter present from you to all of us
i dont know how to ever thank you enough for this translation

Teclo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.backloggery.com
XP
Country
Two grammar/translation errors I found:

Grammar: In Love Plus mode, Rinko will remind you to have a bath. She says girls don't like dirty people, and "Rinko doesn't like dirty person either". In that sentence, it should be "people" again.

Translation: After visiting the restaurant in the seaside area, the player character will say something about it being "pretty high". That doesn't really make sense. I'm guessing that in Japanese it was ?? (takai) which can mean "high", but it can also mean "expensive". It's the latter in this case.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Teclo said:
Two grammar/translation errors I found:

Grammar: In Love Plus mode, Rinko will remind you to have a bath. She says girls don't like dirty people, and "Rinko doesn't like dirty person either". In that sentence, it should be "people" again.

Translation: After visiting the restaurant in the seaside area, the player character will say something about it being "pretty high". That doesn't really make sense. I'm guessing that in Japanese it was ?? (takai) which can mean "high", but it can also mean "expensive". It's the latter in this case.
Thank you.

For the high/expensive part, I'll have to double-check. I think I might be thinking about a restaurant with a skydeck when I translated that.

Chaz.

Trophies
XP
Country
Would like to say thank you for the translation and all others helping with the grammar stuff. Your work is not being overlooked and I would just like to say thanks! Can't wait for the next patch, it's going to make me want to play the game all over again!

kieran-123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nds-patcher.webs.com
XP
Country
So all these scrips translated the update shouldn't be long now right? It did say some time around april,I hope so anyway and I do appreciate your work so I will replay the updated one and list any bugs or problems I fined along the way,and then with the next update will help out if you want?
Anyway I hope the updates soon?
Thanks
smile.gif

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of these scripts are rough...
I'm going to be slow going through these. It's exam time and I'm having a hard time finding time to sit down and do these.

Also, I'm probably going to be really liberal with some of the ones I go through, since there's a lot of really weird phrasing and last time not all of the scripts were checked by anyone else.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I started playing the game yesterday, as I've run out of games to play (and I actually wanted to wait for a more complete patch first) and I've got to say, I really like the game so far. It's a lot cuter than I imagined and seeing 3D models move while having conversations with you really adds a lot to the dating-sim feel. I wish there would be a Girl's Side version some day. *__*

I'm amused by how many sounds they recycled from the Tokimemo series and how the SD sprites of the girls look a lot like the Tokimemo ones. :>

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The patch release might be on Sunday since I'm still editing the scripts now and then I'm not gonna be home to work on this on Friday and Saturday. So I plan to test the patch on Saturday night. If everything goes smoothly, then I'll release it on Sunday.
happy.gif

----------------------

OceanBlue said:
Some of these scripts are rough...
I'm going to be slow going through these. It's exam time and I'm having a hard time finding time to sit down and do these.

Also, I'm probably going to be really liberal with some of the ones I go through, since there's a lot of really weird phrasing and last time not all of the scripts were checked by anyone else.
Yeah, I'm editing the scripts now. I made some silly mistakes here and there.
tongue.gif
And I tend to mistype "It" as"I" and then "Your" as "You" a lot.

After the next patch, I'll focus more on editing. I'll try to go through all the translated scripts before translating some more.
biggrin.gif
Anyway, at most, I can fix spelling and obvious grammar mistakes. I'll still need help from the editors to correct my weird English. (Also, I hope the players will help submitting error reports too.)
wub.gif

QUOTE(miruki @ Apr 14 2011, 05:06 PM) I started playing the game yesterday, as I've run out of games to play (and I actually wanted to wait for a more complete patch first) and I've got to say, I really like the game so far. It's a lot cuter than I imagined and seeing 3D models move while having conversations with you really adds a lot to the dating-sim feel. I wish there would be a Girl's Side version some day. *__*

I'm amused by how many sounds they recycled from the Tokimemo series and how the SD sprites of the girls look a lot like the Tokimemo ones. :>
Haha, yeah, I also pictured the guys from Girl's Side in 3D. It would be fun if the next tokimemo game has this feature. (Or rather, just make the guys from GS1-3 into 3D and I'll be happy. XD)

kieran-123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nds-patcher.webs.com
XP
Country
Ok that's great I can't wait to test it out for you
smile.gif

I will do it as soon as I can because I will have to borrow my cousins laptop as we are on holiday and I've just got my iPad with me.
So yeah as soon as I can I will play it through and note down all the mistakes I find.
Thanks for your work by the way.
smile.gif

vandawn

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
the game is enjoyable as it is atm
you can always w8 for the full patch when it will be finished
or you can help testing the new patch and report buggs back.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not necessarily waiting til its full, just playable. I don't like stopping a game when I start if I can help it, As always, I love the hard workers like jjewel who bring us these gems.

fairie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here's my two cents. (:

Audio Player
The latest portable
media player. It can
hold a bazillion songs.

Bodybuilder
An expander that makes
muscle training an
easy workout.

MP3 Player
A matching MP3 player,
complete with songs
chosen by Rinko.

Necklace
A double-plated necklace
engraved with the word,
"LOVE."

And from the second link:
Novels
The margins are
so wide that they will
be finished fast.

Dart Set
A dartboard to cover holes
on your wall.
[The poster part doesn't make, at least to me. But I'm not much of a dart player.]

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lazy727 said:
Will the game be fully playable after the patch?
It's fully playable but there will be some errors and the translation is not complete. I kind of expect that the players who download the patch will help reporting errors they find.
happy.gif

QUOTE(fairie @ Apr 16 2011, 11:10 AM) Here's my two cents. (:

Audio Player
The latest portable
media player. It can
hold a bazillion songs.

Bodybuilder
An expander that makes
muscle training an
easy workout.

MP3 Player
A matching MP3 player,
complete with songs
chosen by Rinko.

Necklace
A double-plated necklace
engraved with the word,
"LOVE."

And from the second link:
Novels
The margins are
so wide that they will
be finished fast.

Dart Set
A dartboard to cover holes
on your wall.
[The poster part doesn't make, at least to me. But I'm not much of a dart player.]
Thank you. I'll put these in the latest test patch then.
wub.gif

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
jjjewel and the rest of the working crew,
I just feel the need to give you guys a great big hug for making this a reality for everyone who always wished to play this game,
I hope we could offer more cause to report any bugs or translation issues we come across is just the least we can do,
the hard work and hours put into this project are highly appreciated, thank you.

Last edited by Dgrin,

kieran-123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nds-patcher.webs.com
XP
Country
I hope this new patch comes tonight but I can understand if not.
I can't wait to play this game through again tho
smile.gif
yaynds.gif

If I do find any problems/grammar problems I will be happy to post them here if I have the time
smile.gif

Thanks for all your hard work,you should make a donation button,I haven't got any money but I'm shore some people do
smile.gif

Thanks again jjjewel and others who helped and I would be happy to help out next time.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jjjewel said:
Haha, yeah, I also pictured the guys from Girl's Side in 3D. It would be fun if the next tokimemo game has this feature. (Or rather, just make the guys from GS1-3 into 3D and I'll be happy. XD)
That.

Though it would also be nice to see 3 new guys for a game like this. I totally love the idea of the changing personality and clothes/hairstyles, that way you can please many ppl with just three characters. XD~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've always been kind to @AncientBoi