1. OceanBlue

OceanBlue Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I agree with both of these, especially the first one.
    Is it just me, or am I not able to access script 258 (Edit: Never mind. I misunderstood the offline thing.)? Also, I'm not sure if the policy changed, but I think people should turn off smart quotes. Slanted quotation marks are apparently not okay, but are slanted apostrophe marks okay? I'm changing them anyway, but...

Edit: I'm guessing we should use different highlights for the scenes like in the mails? I wasn't sure if the policy carried over, but now that I think about it, I'm not sure why it wouldn't.

2. Czero90

Czero90 Member
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    'sup. Haven't logged on here for over a month until I noticed a PM from jjewel just now. Guess I have to stop the current graphic editing until things are verified. Ahaha.

Btw, I think I've edited around 70-75% of the graphics for the calendar. And I haven't done any editing for the last 3 days. (Pokemon B/W is out yo. [​IMG] )

On the other news, my LovePlus+ cart is dying. [​IMG] Was still thinking of either getting a second cart or screw it and continue funding for LovePlus 3DS bundle instead. [​IMG]

@jjewel : sorry for the lack of update. will send 'em over once i got proper net. [​IMG]

PS : wow, took me few retries just to post this up. :x

3. jjjewel

OP jjjewel GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Thanks so much. I'm also sorry that I didn't check how the graphic worked sooner. This game's graphic is just beyond crazy. XD You might notice that for some graphics for days of the week such as Sat and Sun, you only see half the Japanese character. The game used mirror effect on them and I can't think of a way to make them appear properly in English.

Like in the pic below, the original Japanese is
    (?)?403 ?? and I tried changing it to (Sa) 403 DAYS and this is what I got.
    (It mirrored ?, ?, and ?.)

[​IMG]

Anyway, I'm trying to learn how the .NCER and .NANR codes work. I think it might help but I haven't gotten very far.

Here's the link about graphic file formats, if anyone interested.
    http://llref.emutalk.net/docs/
    (Thanks to lowlines who developed the Console Tool.)

4. jjjewel

United States
    Now Manaka's Post-Confession scripts (part1) are open for editing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans...st-confession-1

By the way, I used "boxed lunch" as the translation for bento / obento. If you want to change it, please let me know so that it can be standardized for the whole game.

Also, if you think the terms for clothing styles should be changed, please also let me know. (They have to be consistent throughout the game.)

Thank you sooooo much. [​IMG]

5. DarkShinigami

DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

United States
    yea id love to help but i have no japanese knowledge(i wanna learn been trying to find a program like rosetta stone). i know you need japanese translators so my post is useless to you but good luck in finding one

6. OceanBlue

OceanBlue Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    In the menu, Tools > Preferences, and uncheck the box that says "Use Smart Quotes". I don't know if you can automate a way to change the slanted ones [I tried Replacing them, but it didn't make a distinction between quotation marks], but you can change them as you go through them.

7. Exhaust

Exhaust Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Actually, the scripts that are up for editing have already been translated. However, there are still minor mistakes here and there that needs correcting, so if you are confident in your English grammar skills and have some free time on your hands then give it a try. To help out with the editing, having knowledge of Japanese is just an convenience, not a requirement.

8. IAmTheRad

IAmTheRad GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Use Girls' tennis. That's more grammatically correct in the terms that you'd use it for.

Now for the given name/last name thing. Whatever would be easiest, since I imagine you'd need to change it for the player character, and the girls. Would you have it so you call the girls by their last name during pre-confession and then post-confession you change to their first name? How would this effect random people talking to you, would they still call you by your last name or would they use your first name. Help me out a bit here, how hard would it be to code the new way in to make it seem proper everywhere else and not cause a huge coding headache?

And about the knowledge of Japanese? My knowledge of japanese is VERY limited. I can still edit. It's an asset, not a requirement for this project.

9. jjjewel

United States
    Nope, the topic we were discussing about wasn't about switching given name and last name. But the editors edited "first name" into "given name" so I was wondering if I should change the term "first name" into "given name" in the graphic parts. (They are basically the same thing, depending on how you prefer to use. I just want it to be consistent.)

About first name-last name thing, I don't plan to change anything. I don't know how hard it is but it seems to be really a hard work and I don't have the knowledge to do that. (This game is voiced. So changing this would mean you have to re-route all the voices for first names and last names. That will need some hacking in assembly level, I guess.)

By the way, no one in the game ever calls your name. Only the girls do. [​IMG] (Everyone else calls you as "you.")

10. IAmTheRad

IAmTheRad GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Well that term then, given name then last name works fine for that case.

11. Rei7

Rei7 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    Was wondering if there is a Translation for Love Plus + ?

12. vandawn

vandawn GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    hm atm there isnt any translation for love plus+
    these guys are translating love plus
    dunno if they are going to start with love plus+ when they finish this project
    you can always ask them to take the translation up though
    or make a request for that [​IMG]

13. Skyline969

Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Not currently. For more information, please read the first post of this thread.

14. jjjewel

United States
    Well, I can't even guarantee full translation for Love Plus, so I won't give you any false hope for Love Plus +. [​IMG]

-------------------

A few people who submitted error reports mentioned that they couldn't use microphone function with emulators. I'm not quite up-to-date with emulators but none of the emulators that I have can handle voice input. So I don't know if that's the problem with the patched game or the emulator itself.

If anyone has any emulator that can handle voice input, could you please test the Love Plus mode whether the girl recognizes your voice and let me know. Thank you.

15. mariokart64n

mariokart64n Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I was interested in extracting the game models.

any idea how I can access the geometry files?

16. jjjewel

United States
    You mean the 3D models or just the file systems? (Not quite sure I understand the term geometry files well.)

If it's the file system, then this might help.
    http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php?title...us:File_Formats

If it's the 3D model, I have no idea, but there are files in /arc folder that contains 3d. (You'll see something like m_block3d for Manaka, n_block3d for Nene, and r_block3d for Rinko.) You might need arc dumper to extract arc files first.
    http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php?title=Tools#Love_Plus

17. kieran-123

kieran-123 Member
    Newcomer

I would be happy to carry on the translation some time soon. [​IMG]
    But why can't I edit the other girls text as I have found them to be the least compleated?
    Anyway I will give it a shot to translate it,it doesn't look to hard to do. [​IMG]

18. kieran-123

kieran-123 Member
    Newcomer

Love plus + as far as I know won't give you that much more stuff as I beleave it's the same story line,yes it would be nice to get it done but I think we should focus on futcher games like the new love plus for the 3DS I've heard about,but then again we don't even know if 3DS games can be downloaded or emulated let alone translated. [​IMG]
    And no I to haven't heard about a computer emulator using voice input.

19. mariokart64n

mariokart64n Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    aww, your right.

but it seems that arc tool doesn't decompress the data, only dumps whatever data chunks were in it.

anyway I can see a few things in the dumped files.. such as BMD.. Polygons.. Bones.. defintely the character models. :\ but there either compressed or encrypted

20. jjjewel

United States

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Completed], Translation, English