Cote d'Ivoire
    that sound interesting im pretty good at fighting games
    i will look for it
    thanks

2. greator

greator GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    OK, I'm sorry....

I thought i'm tell them the rules not to ask something not related to the thread.
    Maybe my writings abit rude. Sorry.

I just checked the Manaka pre-confession dialog. Done half of it. There's not really much mistake, I think this will be done early.

3. Exhaust

Exhaust Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I agree, and to help shift things back into the right direction. I finished revising all of the scripts.

Unfortunately, I'll have to pass on that group hug. [​IMG]

4. IAmTheRad

IAmTheRad GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Checked your edits Exhaust, and I must say I am impressed. You caught things I wouldn't think about looking at. I suppose this is why I'm not a full time translator, nor an English major.

5. jjjewel

OP jjjewel GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Thank you so much you guys. I'll try to upload some more scripts within these few days. [​IMG]

Currently, I'm still working on the debugging parts. This process will take a while.

Seems like there might be some parts of the text and graphics that will have to remain in Japanese. They can't be edited or the game will be messed up. (Ex. Some of your nicknames in the post confession part.) For now, I can either leave them in Japanese or disable them. (Ex. If your name pronounced "ta-ma-o", you'll have choices for nicknames "Ta-kun", "Ma-kun", "O-kun" but these nicknames must be spelled in Japanese. If I translate them into English, the game won't recognize them, and these names will never show up as your choices.)

6. Gurukof

Gurukof Member
    Newcomer

Cote d'Ivoire
    you mean when you re creating your character?
    or maybe when the girls ask if they can call you "other names" in the post confession part?

7. jjjewel

United States
    When the girls ask if they can call you "other names" in the post confession part.

But it's also similar to when you name the characters at the beginning. If I translate the names from Japanese to English, none of the names will show up as your pronunciation choices because the game doesn't recognize them.

I guess there's some mechanism in the game that matches Japanese alphabets with Japanese pronunciations. So if these alphabets are changed to English, the game won't recognize them.

8. IAmTheRad

IAmTheRad GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I'd say have the names show up in Japanese, rather than disable them. I'd rather my virtual girlfriend calls me something even if I can't understand it, rather than her saying nothing. For example, for my game she calls me くり (Ku Ri) when it's set for my first name. I didn't want her reverting to calling me by my last name.
    In fact, once in a game with Takane she moved to calling me darling, and the text for that WAS darling. Was that just work of the translation itself, or was the actual nickname in the game listed as 'darling'?

9. jjjewel

United States
    The specific pronouns like Darling, Master, Kimi, Omae, etc. work fine. Only the ones that involve parts of your name have problems. (Ex. As I mention before. If your name is Tamao, which is written with 3 Japanese alphabets "Ta" "Ma" and "O", the game will break the alphabets and make up the nickname list as Ta-kun, Ma-kun, O-kun, or sometimes you will get Taa, Maa, and Oo.)

English alphabets don't work the same way, so I'm still thinking what I can do with this issue. (Ex. We need 2 alphabets K+a to make a sound "Ka" but Japanese only need one alphabet for "Ka".)

Anyway, if I can't solve it, I think I'll just leave the names in Japanese. [​IMG]

10. Gurukof

Gurukof Member
    Newcomer

Cote d'Ivoire
    oooohhh i get it
    was kinda confussing xD
    well i do agree with iam therad i think you should just leave it at japanese
    at least for the time being besides its going to be good for your health jjjewel
    too complex issue and not THAT important

11. DarkShinigami

DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

United States
    so according to the progress page on the first page it says its 607/900 so about 66%. how long do you think itll be before its complete? im not rushing you(got too many games to complete as is) im just currious

12. jjjewel

United States
    I don't really know. [​IMG] We are working on this project on our free time, so it's hard to predict. For now, please keep checking back every once in a while. [​IMG]

------------------

I'm updating Manaka's scripts now. Some files maybe taken off-line. (I'm tired of debugging already. So I think I'll work on the game scripts for a while before continuing with the technical issues. [​IMG])

------------------

I just noticed some comments on the Google Docs about the differences between the output English translation and the original Japanese scripts.

They are quite different, especially with the ones that have name variables. The original Japanese won't show the names but these names will be shown in the English translation. I added the Japanese part for reference in case you want to check how the lines are repeated.

Ex. You might have Japanese scripts like this;

Line 01 - I am
    Line 02 - .
    Line 03 - Nice to meet you
    Line 04 - , too.

And have English translation like this;

Line 01 - I am Takane Manaka.
    Line 02 - Nice to meet you.

Line 03 - I am Anegasaki Nene.
    Line 04 - Nice to meet you, too.

(The texts with same colors are actually the same text and the names are automatically inserted.)

I have to use the Japanese script format to insert scripts to the game, but since this format is very confusing, I make the English translation format for the editors to edit. That's why we have two different formats. [​IMG]

13. Exhaust

Exhaust Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for taking the time to explain that, I also noticed that a few people were confused but I just commented that you'd probably take care of it. [​IMG]

That's nice to hear, and I also can't say that I'm either of those. It does help having some prior understanding of the Japanese language though.

On a separate note, it's exactly like jjjewel said, everyone that's helping out on this is doing it on their free time and it's great that so many people are helping out. A good deal of editing was already done before I got to them. Personally, I enjoy multitasking so that's what lets me have the time to help out with the editing but I can't guaranteed that my revisions are flawless, I mean I just checked the scripts again briefly and already corrected myself a few times. [​IMG]

14. noctislucis

noctislucis Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    I have a question about the game: what happens if I a girl doesn't become my girlfriend within 100 days?

15. jurassicplayer

jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    You get the bad end where your high school life was a complete flop and you never got a girlfriend.

16. noctislucis

noctislucis Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Ah... souda! Arigato! ^^

17. vandawn

vandawn GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    nice work you guys
    damn bad luck i dont know japanese to help you with the translation work
    btw just a small question
    is the patch updated with your latest beautiful translations? i mean those 607/900

18. LTeddy

LTeddy Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    A nice solution regarding the names is to use a japanese name and surname with 4 letters and use kana to make the girls say it correctly. It's not hard, really. Google some japanese male names and you will find one that suits you. For example, I always use the name Momo Haru(phonetical: ?? ??) and the girls always call me correctly, either a friendly Momo-kun or Haru-kun from my girlfriend. Also, the kanjis for that name mean "spring peach"(? and ? respectively), so I think it's kinda cool. [​IMG]

Oh, and speaking of kanjis, does anyone know a nice website to look for kanjis translations? I'm trying to help making my own translation on the conversations while walking with Rinko and Nene, but those kanjis are breaking my legs. LOL If I get any luck with that, I'll submit my texts.
    Thanks in advance o/
    See ya.

19. jjjewel

United States
    The problem is that I'll have to leave those names in Japanese. I don't think it's a big deal, but I know some will complain anyway. I just brought up the issue so in case I can't make them into English, at least a few of you here know that I've already tried. [​IMG]

For the Kanji's, if you use FireFox, you can try this add-on.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/rikaichan/
    It's pretty nice and handy.

Anyway, for the conversations while walking, if you wanna try, try reading them from file names with bigger numbers first. Ex. Go from 20, 19, 18, 17, and so on. Somehow, the script files are arranged backward.

---------------------------

To editors:

- Shall we use "girl's tennis" or "girls' tennis" for the tennis team?

- And since in one of the scripts, we use "given name" instead of "first name", shall I change the graphic when we start the game (when we do the naming and stuff) from first name/last name to given name/last name, too?

20. Exhaust

Exhaust Member
    Newcomer

United States
    ^
    ^

"girls' tennis" and "given name/last name" sounds good to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Completed], Translation, English