Gaming Colors! 3D Release Date and App Price

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will get this, but TOO BAD Nintendo is too chickenshit to allow pressure-sensitive drawing
Wait hold it that's what made Colors different from other Painting apps They would NOT Remove that feature.
And if they did that's a poor Choice I will still buy it though.
If you ever used colors on a 3DS flashcart you would know that the 3DS doesn't have the right screen for it. It kinda sucks but it really just annoyed me more then help :I

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
pressure sensitivity was something that the DSphat and DSlite(?) allowed because of the type of touchscreen it uses. i think it was capable of producing inputs that had variable pressures by checking how much of the grid is registering. say, a 3x3 square is a touch grid. if you touch the center square lightly, that registers a touch but the neighboring squares don't. however, press harder and the touchscreen squishes outward, registering the squares around the center square. well, at least that's how I think it works.

anyways, even with the absence of pressure sensitivity, they can just as easily employ other features to accommodate for that-- just add a slider that dictates pressure sensitivity (how hard or how light the stroke is). i also wanna see the ability to use textured brushes, different brush heads (flat, round) and different strokes according to the brush head (use flat strokes or just the edge on flat heads, full or tip on round heads).

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pressure sensitivity was something that the DSphat and DSlite(?) allowed because of the type of touchscreen it uses. i think it was capable of producing inputs that had variable pressures by checking how much of the grid is registering. say, a 3x3 square is a touch grid. if you touch the center square lightly, that registers a touch but the neighboring squares don't. however, press harder and the touchscreen squishes outward, registering the squares around the center square. well, at least that's how I think it works.

anyways, even with the absence of pressure sensitivity, they can just as easily employ other features to accommodate for that-- just add a slider that dictates pressure sensitivity (how hard or how light the stroke is). i also wanna see the ability to use textured brushes, different brush heads (flat, round) and different strokes according to the brush head (use flat strokes or just the edge on flat heads, full or tip on round heads).

Why do I feel you've never actually used the homebrew... It already has all those features.

Reactions: 2 people

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country

Why do I feel you've never actually used the homebrew... It already has all those features.
what, did it have features like THOSE from Art Academy? because that's what I was referring to in the last parts. and yes, i used the homebrew a lot (didn't say i was any good at it though). IIRC, Colors didn't have the flat brushes, and it was only airbrush type. even the pencil on Art Academy was freaking awesome, so i want that as well.

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait this actually started as a homebrew app?!? and now it's endorsed by nintendo? that's awesome! :D GO HOMEBREW!

Technically its a Appstore port since it spent quite a bit of time there before Nintendo seemed to accept it.

@FeroFax, dude what are you talking about... what does Art Academy have to do with it. And you must have an old verison because the.colors I use has everything you mentioned (especially the slider.)

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm so excited for this app.
I Spent hours/days drawing on it for Uni work etc.
I'm definitely buying this as soon as it's released and I hope they make a nice profit, they deserve it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: With other peoples couches