• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Colorado Republicans likely to hold caucus if Trump stays off primary ballot

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Colorado republicans have signaled they may hold caucus instead of primary election on March 5th if Trump remains off the ballot. This comes in the wake of a near split 4/3 decision by the Colorado supreme court that barred Trump from appearing on ballots in March. The controversial ruling, which dissenting justices in Colorado stated undermined the 'bedrock' of America, is on hold until early January or supreme court overturn. The near split ruling from some of our nation's most experienced judges is somewhat remarkable given all 7 were appointed by Democrat governors.

Supreme court overturn of this decision seems likely in a court where 3 justices were appointed by Trump, and 6 were appointed by other Republican presidents. But in the meantime, a caucus event would effectively table this decision until the SCOTUS can review the case leading up to the November election.

In the meantime the Iowa caucus is fast approaching, and if activists in other states attempt similar ballot blocking measures, the number of caucuses nationwide may grow considerably.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...caucus-primary-trump-supreme-court-rcna130591

• Haha
Reactions: Xzi

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Supreme court overturn of this decision seems likely in a court where 3 justices were appointed by Trump, and 6 were appointed by other Republican presidents.

And at least one of the justices is an insurrectionist himself. Gee, I wonder how he will rule.

Reactions: The Catboy and Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I remember when Republicans claimed to respect the constitution. Good times.

And at least one of the justices is an insurrectionist himself. Gee, I wonder how he will rule.
On the bright side, both Gorsuch and Kavanaugh have written previous decisions against presidential immunity and in favor of states' rights to control which candidates are allowed on the ballot. Of course, there's no guarantee they'll remain internally consistent on these matters, but it's something.

Reactions: titan_tim

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I really don’t understand why Republicans continue to stand behind Trump. He’s literally proven himself to be terrible at the presidency. They really need a hobby
Demographics are shifting, the party's on its last leg and has nothing positive to offer the American people. Trump's the only one they view as semi-capable of conning people into believing otherwise, since the rest of their primary field has the personality and public appeal of a moldy dish rag.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Demographics are shifting, the party's on its last leg and has nothing positive to offer the American people. Trump's the only one they view as semi-capable of conning people into believing otherwise, since the rest of their primary field has the personality and public appeal of a moldy dish rag.
I wish Republicans would go back to just being the boring party who openly mildly dislikes people. Really tired of boring party who does nothing and insane party who’s boarding on being crushed under their own bullshit

Reactions: KingVamp and Xzi

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I wish Republicans would go back to just being the boring party who openly mildly dislikes people. Really tired of boring party who does nothing and insane party who’s boarding on being crushed under their own bullshit
Just have a party overturn the horrible citizens united ruling, and maybe we'll see some normalcy reintroduced to US politics.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just have a party overturn the horrible citizens united ruling, and maybe we'll see some normalcy reintroduced to US politics.
I honestly think we should get rid of the party system but that’s neither here nor there.

Reactions: supermist

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although somewhat concerning in some swing states Trump has doubled Hispanic/black vote from 2020

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Although somewhat concerning in some swing states Trump has doubled Hispanic/black vote from 2020
More likely they've been over-represented by polling in a year where most people were not paying attention to politics. The whole "Trump got arrested so he should appeal to black people now" thing is insulting.

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More likely they've been over-represented by polling in a year where most people were not paying attention to politics. The whole "Trump got arrested so he should appeal to black people now" thing is insulting.
I think it's more like people are convinced somehow economic woes were caused by Biden so people are turning to trump who wouldn't do so historically

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
1703138480279.png

https://www.newsweek.com/republicans-threaten-take-joe-biden-off-ballot-trump-colorado-1854067

:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: x65943 and Xzi

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States