1. Phoenix Goddess

OP Phoenix Goddess The Ninja's Protégée

United States
    I'll wait until you can get onto a computer to provide screenshots, if that's okay?

I'm afraid that's not how it works. When you make a request, you wait until it gets picked up by a romhacker or translator. When it's completed, it gets removed from the request list.

You can see which translations are in progress here :)

2. Metoroid0

Metoroid0 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Japan

3. bradzx
    This message by bradzx has been removed from public view by Phoenix Goddess, Apr 18, 2014, Reason: Didn't use the request format..
    Apr 18, 2014 Show
  4. Ulieq

Ulieq GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Remove 7th Dragon, it has been completed.

5. Goofy Time

Goofy Time GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Game Name:
    • The Legend of Starfy 4 (Densetsu no Stafy 4)
    • #0401 (there appears to be no Scene thread I can find of it, as I have searched the Japanese name and release number...)
    Release Date:
    Game Info:
    • Genre: Platformer
    • What it's about: The basic premise is Starfy has to fight off a big baddie named Dejeel. It's sort of an entry-level platforming game ala Kirby.
    • Popularity in Japan: The Starfy series has been incredibly popular in Japan. TOSE often never takes credit for their work, but the Starfy series is one of the few they emphasized is their work.
    • Why I want this translation so badly: We've gotten the fifth game and the previous games - this one included - were not localized because they were "too Japanese" according to Nintendo of America. I think their quality is solid enough that it can be appreciated, even if it has a very Japanese taste.
    • Why I don't think this will come out in the West: The DS is more or less done, but what I mentioned earlier about the series being too Japanese was the central reason Nintendo skipped on all of the games until the fifth title.
    Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Videos:

My Offering:
    • I can only offer my time in a similar manner to those who would work on it. I would be able to proofread the dialog and reference character names and terms associated with The Legendary Starfy (its sequel) for the sake of establishing continuity with Nintendo of America's alterations.

hippy dave likes this.
  6. Phoenix Goddess

United States
    I'm afraid that's not how you properly request them and if they are already on the list then there's no point in requesting, again.

7. Metoroid0

Metoroid0 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Japan
    isnt starfy already in english? whats the difference?

8. Goofy Time

Goofy Time GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The game we got in English was the fifth game in the series. As such, all four previous games were never localized.

Think like Shin Megami Tensei. We have not officially gotten many of the earlier titles, but the later ones we have. It just so happens with Starfy, the latest game was the last game they made thus far.

9. Phoenix Goddess

United States
    I added your request, Goofy time :)

10. Kate

Kate Newbie
    Newcomer

I did write this on another thread but it was quite an old thread so I don't think anyone read my request.
    Pleaaaaseeee!!! Do Kenshui Tendo Dokuta (The first one not the second)
    I will actually pay money because I love the second game so much but the first one isn't translated into English. What can I offer you? Well I am a photographer and editor and I am very skilled in photo shop if you need any edits or pictures or anything. Why I want this translation so badly: Because I love this game so much! I've tried other surgery games like Trauma Centre and Operate now but I don't like them as much as this game. I was quite sad when I had completed the second game which was translated into English.
    Why I don't think it will be translated; They already have a second game out and both of the games are very old :cry:[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. Phoenix Goddess

United States
    I'll add it, but could you maybe fix your request? The format looks very cluttered and could use some spacing out :(

If you need the request template, you can find it here.

12. GHANMI

GHANMI GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apologies for chiming in, but that game was coded in an EVIL way.
    You'd better give up hope on it and read a summary (it's alluded to in the localized sequel "Lifesigns") and/or learn Japanese. It's Mother 3/Ys 5-tier of obtuse internal structure (a different font AND table for each story scene.. all 350 of them) and many looked it up and gave up in frustration.
    Many even suspect it was so badly coded that the developers themselves couldn't localize it.

Pablitox likes this.
  13. DecadeKhumar

DecadeKhumar Member
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    I was wondering if theres anyone doing translation for the ds game dengeki gakuen cross of venus?

14. Phoenix Goddess

United States
    If you want to make a request, use the proper format. If you want to check if there's a translation for something, check the Translation Index Thread :)

15. DecadeKhumar

DecadeKhumar Member
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    format? oh ok can u give me the link to the translation index thread?

16. Phoenix Goddess

United States
    It's the other translation thread you posted the same question in.

DecadeKhumar likes this.
  17. Pablitox

Pablitox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Argentina
    I'll make a request too, let's see:

Game Name:
    Summon Night DS

Scene Release Topic
    Here are some pages of the project itself (I don't know if darthnemesis is still at it, but wanted to make a clear request to see if some hackers are interested)

http://gbatemp.net/threads/summon-night-1-2-eng-patch.331075/
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/summon-night-1-2-translation.176703/
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/summon-night-1-translation-project.119735/
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/summon-night-translation-project.109466/
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/asking-for-translation-summon-night-1-2.99162/
    If I recall correctly darthnemesis had a text dumper ready.

Release Date:
    April 24, 2008
    http://summonnight.wikia.com/wiki/Summon_Night

Game Info:
    Genre: Turn-based strategy RPG

What it's about: This game follows the story of a Japanese highschooler (you can choose up to 4, in fact, two boys and 2 girls), who is suddenly summoned into the world of Lyndbaum. The main character gets involved in a series of conflicts between gangs, classes, factions and worlds. It is a good turn-based battle RPG with social dating sim elements and a ton of unlockable content (Special images, BGM, superbosses) and multiple ending. The game also feature a special Hard mod where you have to complete missions following certain criteria.

Popularity in Japan: Pretty popular in Japan, though the 4 game flopped, there was still hype for the 5 one in the psp (not as the first one was, but still very popular)

Why I want this translation so badly: I wan a translation because I believe it's an awesome series that didn't get enough love in the west. The story is really amazing and really different from the Swordcraft story series spin-off.

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

My Offering:
    Knowledge of the game mostly. And translators help.

DecadeKhumar and Phoenix Goddess like this.
  18. Phoenix Goddess

United States
    I really, really love this game! I've added your request :)

Pablitox likes this.
  19. Goofy Time

Goofy Time GBAtemp Fan

United States

That sounds hilariously inefficient. Doesn't that just lead to even more work the staff has to do when it comes to writing narrative? Be it in Japanese or a crazy attempt at making it English.

20. DecadeKhumar

DecadeKhumar Member
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    oh ok thanks

21. DecadeKhumar

DecadeKhumar Member
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    woaahh i totally love this game, i finished the swordcraft series, still following the swordcraft 3 translation, but never played the main series yet,

Pablitox likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Translation, Official, Requests