Final Fantasy VII: Project Omnislash [Switch Version]

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by MrEffler22, Apr 21, 2019.

1. MrEffler22
    OP

MrEffler22 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Midgar
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the official thread for FF7 Project Omnislash!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What this project adds:
    -) New HD graphics for all Enemies, NPC's, Main Characters, Weapons, World Map models and Summons
    -) New HD Cutscene Videos
    -) New Battle Sound Effects
    -) New HD Avatars/Menu
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current release:
    The current part 3 release covers the full FF7 journey all the way up to the final climatic ending of FF7! The game has now successfully been finished! But, there will still be one more episode entry to come. This fourth and final polishing entry will polish up and fine tune everything. Finally bringing an end to this massive FF7 mod project. Release date to be announced. What are you waiting for? The release can be downloaded from the link below!

https://mega.nz/#!H6YRiQYZ!7WnBokgJzO7LbEw0yDYCe9AnVYVsrJb-kkasK7RzMg4
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to install the project:
    To install this project you'll need to copy the entire "0100A5B00BDC6000" folder onto your switch SD card into the "titles" folder. Below is what the folder setup should look like depending on which custom firmware you have.

Atmosphere CFW: atmosphere/titles/0100A5B00BDC6000
    ReiNX CFW: reinx/titles/0100A5B00BDC6000
    SXOS CFW: sxos/titles/0100A5B00BDC6000
    FF7 Overclock Config file included:
    Included in this project is a folder labeled "FF7 Switch Overclock Config File". Within this folder you'll find a config file that will help FF7 run a lot smoother.
    This config file will overclock your Switch when just running FF7. Helping it handle any sort of lag that may arise from using these HD mods. Just drop this config file into your config folder on the root of SD card and you are all set.
    Screenshots of the project:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Join our Discord channel:
    Any modders or fans of FF7 on Switch interested in joining a discord occupied by Switch modders and others driven to unite the Switch modding scene? Follow the discord invite below to join our official discord! We are all working towards the same goals, so that’s why we are trying to build up a family type modding discord to do it together. So what are you waiting for? Follow the discord link below and come join the family!

https://discordapp.com/invite/Qsskk8r
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Closing thanks:
    I just wanted to thank everyone for downloading and supporting this project! FF7 Project Omnislash is the FF7 remake dream game created by the fans for the fans. So hit download, go grab your Switch, then sit back and prepare to enjoy your favorite childhood game in beautiful HD like you've never done before! I'll see you all in Midgar my friends!

Last edited by MrEffler22, May 20, 2019 at 3:48 AM
    Khodeus, zfreeman, 1NOOB and 25 others like this.
  2. Brunz514

Brunz514 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2018
    Canada
    Does this require the recently released eshop game or is this seperate?

3. MrEffler22
    OP

MrEffler22 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Midgar
    Yes you’ll need FF7 for Switch and a hacked switch running layeredfs. Then just download the project and drop it into it’s correct folder on your SD card.

Last edited by MrEffler22, Apr 21, 2019
    lordelan likes this.
  4. Green Hypnotic

Green Hypnotic Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2007
    Canada
    Exactly what I needed! Thank you!!

lordelan and MrEffler22 like this.
  5. Arolandis

Arolandis Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2015
    United States
    Also worth looking into HD backgrounds. We have even better options that just waifu2x now. Take a look at the Moguri Mod. Same thing is being done for 7. Code has already been written by some people to train the AI and then convert your images. Definitely worth a look.

This already looks like the FFVII we all actually wanted (or most of us, didn't have to be a full-blown 10-year developent project, square...).

MrEffler22 likes this.
  6. wakabayashy

wakabayashy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 25, 2014
    France
    France
    MrEffler22 likes this.
  7. MrEffler22
    OP

MrEffler22 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Midgar
    @Arolandis The only reason I’ve not replaced the backgrounds is because the base version of FF7 has a max file size cap on the LGP’s correlating to the exe. With aali’s drivers on PC that’s been by passed, but currently on the Switch version nobody has yet converted over the drivers to work, or created something that can do the same thing. Leaving me with this massive project to fit into that little 2gb per LGP limit. So the backgrounds and such will stay vanilla. but honestly, on the Switch version especially in handheld mode like we all will most likely prefer to play this project, the vanilla backgrounds don’t look bad at all. But that’s the only reason that hasn’t been done yet. If someone breaks that cap I’ll then add upscaled backgrounds field and battle to the project.

8. masagrator

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    @MrEffler22 can you link to this limit mod? Maybe I will try to look at it

Edit: ah, ok. This is graphics driver for implementing OpenGL. So it can be done by making homebrew launching game. But it will be too much to do.

Edit2: but it looks like there is opengl code in Switch executables.

Last edited by masagrator, Apr 21, 2019
  9. MrEffler22
    OP

MrEffler22 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Midgar
    @masagrator yeah the issue is going to require someone with knowledge of coding to recode the drivers to work with the Switch hardware. I have ran into an issue though I’d like to throw out there if anyone can assist me. When it comes to High_us.lgp models and some World Map models like the Juno boat I’m running into rainbow texture issues for my models when I size the textures down to a max of 256. All textures are converted to 24bit because that’s what the FF7 native format is. Does anybody know how I can fix this issue? I haven’t really dove deep into the issue because I’ve been busy porting over everything, but if I need to I can take the time to figure it out myself. Just wanted to throw the question out there just in case somebody knew a quick fix for this. Thanks in advance.

10. masagrator

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    Weird, but at the beginning of elf file is exactly 2GB value.
    upload_2019-4-21_13-50-56.

Maybe this is the limit? :v

Edit: nah, it looks like there is plenty of these values.

11. RAWRzilla22

RAWRzilla22 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2012
    United States
    Would you be willing to take a look at the files in the Shaders folder and tell me if you can figure out how to turn off the text pixel filter or the background anti-alias filter? They're all OpenGL shaders stored as text files

Last edited by RAWRzilla22, Apr 21, 2019
    MrEffler22 likes this.
  12. MrEffler22
    OP

MrEffler22 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Midgar
    @RAWRzilla22 I'm right there with you, if anyone can figure that out please lend a hand and do so. That would help the game a lot. Also, copy over your previous NT comment from the other thread about us joining forces and post it on this thread so everyone can see. I’m not personally a fan of NT but I know that a lot of people out there are. So I’m all for giving the project two versions for the player to choose from.

13. masagrator

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    It looks like executables are out of question without sdk. subsdk0 contains opengl instructions, but without sdk we don't know what is what.

14. seanp2500

seanp2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 2, 2010
    United States
    um this looks amazing holding off replay till you are finished

urcent123 and MrEffler22 like this.
  15. Phoxx

Phoxx Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2019
    United States
    Looks awesome! Looking forward to seeing more

MrEffler22 likes this.
  16. Manurocker95

Manurocker95 Game Developer & Pokémon Master

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    Wow! I’ll test this when I get home. It looks awesome!

MrEffler22 likes this.
  17. Kotomine Kirei

Kotomine Kirei GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2015
    United States
    Is there a way to install the "Beacause" mod with this?
    It was ported to the Switch, but Omnislash and Beacause have a few files with the same names.

Also, will there be an option at some point to keep the original character menu portraits?

I have no knowledge about this, and I am more than likely wrong, but maybe the texture problem has something to do with shaders?

18. MrEffler22
    OP

MrEffler22 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Midgar
    @Kotomine Kirei you can choose to keep the original avatars by just not installing the menu_us.lgp in the project folder. That lgp is what controls the menu changes.

lordelan and Kotomine Kirei like this.
  19. Natillax

Natillax Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2018
    Spain
    Wow, this is awesome!
    But, the mod isn't finished, isn't it? (It covers from the start to Junon, as the description says). I'll wait expectantly for it to be finished.

lordelan and MrEffler22 like this.
  20. nekojosh

nekojosh GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2015
    Panama
    Panama City, Panama
    Does this fix the audio bug when on the map?