Final Fantasy VII: Project Omnislash [Switch Version]

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by MrEffler22, Apr 21, 2019.

1. MrEffler22
    OP

MrEffler22 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Midgar
    @nekojosh It doesn't fix the audio bug. I have yet to see anyone fix it yet. And yes @Natillax the current build of the project only goes up to just entering the Juno continent. The next release which is almost finished will progress the game up to just before entering Rocket Town. I'll be releasing a little half finished beta demo for the next part in our discord today for testing. So if you haven't already follow the link above and come join the discord. All future beta releases will be released and tested there before going public with the final version on here.

Last edited by MrEffler22, Apr 22, 2019
    wakabayashy and nekojosh like this.
  2. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    CactusJack did port Beacause, the only problem it has is that dialog boxes with choices don't appear in the correct location and may be unreadable. EDIT: looks like someone fixed this, scroll down to the bottom of the thread. It also looks to share exactly one two files with Omnislash, world_us.lgp and menu_us.lgp. Not sure what text is on the world map that Beacause had to touch but you *might* be able to just use the omnislash world_us.lgp and the Beacause menu_us.lgp if you wanted to combine the two mods.

Last edited by Rahkeesh, Apr 23, 2019
    Kotomine Kirei likes this.
  3. Digi_Ohhh

Digi_Ohhh Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2017
    Italy
    This mod looks amazing! Can't wait for it to be completed.

4. toto621

toto621 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2015
    Belgium
    Does this work with EU release or just US ?

5. MrEffler22
    OP

MrEffler22 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Midgar
    @toto621 its a graphical mod that will work with any language format of the game. Just make sure you put everything in the correct folders. Each language version of the game has a slight different name for each of their folders but it’s the same meat and potatoes.

wakabayashy and toto621 like this.
  6. toto621

toto621 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2015
    Belgium
    ok thx :)

7. ibussa

ibussa Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2019
    Puerto Rico
    Hi everyone,
    thus anyone know where the titles folder should go?

Thanks

8. ShadoGiow

ShadoGiow Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2015
    Italy
    Hi! Thanks for the mod! I have one question: this mod includes rearranged music?

9. Lunatics

Lunatics GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    Thank you. This is great and exactly what I wanted without any added gameplay changes and extra content as I want to do a full vanilla FF7 playthrough with better graphics before trying mods etc.

Does anyone know if these mods work with SX OS and what version is required? I know in the other thread people said certain versions of sx os, layeredfs was broken with. Currently on 2.5 but looking to update my FW to 7.0 to play newer games but that would require updating sx os too and I want to be able to play these mods.

Edit: I am running SX OS 2.6.2 now and emunand 7.0.1 and tried this after updating and it appears to be working. Have not had time to get into a game but I was able to load up the game, see FF omnislash loading screen and control settings etc so I should be all set. Looking forward to trying this.

Last edited by Lunatics, Apr 26, 2019
  10. RAWRzilla22

RAWRzilla22 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2012
    United States
    If you're after a vanilla FFVII experience, you may want to delete the sound folder, as it contains hitsound and battle sound changes.

11. Lunatics

Lunatics GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    Small sound changes aren't that big of a deal for me but I didn't want a full game changing mod like the last threat that adds lots of new enemies and content I might stumble upon or go through difference I'm not even aware of etc until playing the actual normal game all the way through.

12. face235

face235 GBATemp's Official Lurker

Apr 16, 2017
    United States
    Beyond the 4th Wall
    Thank you, MrEffler22!

Thanks to your guidance, I am able to enjoy this mod on Steam FF7 NT. It looks awesome. I'm at the Trail of Blood section in Shinra Building's 67th Floor. At least I THINK that's blood....

Here's what he taught me for anyone else who might want to play it on PC:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

4. Boot up the game on Steam and enjoy! It's also compatible with the New Threat mod, as it's what I'm playing and it just got a major facelift.

Last edited by face235, Apr 26, 2019 - Reason: wrong codes
    MrEffler22 likes this.
  13. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    Holy crap, You guys did an amazing job, You should get hire by SQ-ENIX.

MrEffler22 likes this.
  14. Punisher1993

Punisher1993 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2019
    Italy
    sys clk works on sx os ?
    I have installed it but I do not notice any changes...

15. MrEffler22
    OP

MrEffler22 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Midgar
    Alright everyone Part 2 of Project Omnislash has officially been released! This second part release extends the project up to the team receiving the Tiny Bronco after recruiting Cid in Rocket Town! The download link on the threads home page has been updated with the new version. So what are you waiting for? Head to the home page now to go download and play the latest project build! Lastly, here are some random screenshots I threw together of the second part release.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by MrEffler22, Apr 29, 2019
    badman112 likes this.
  16. jrush

jrush Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2012
    United States
    This looks amah-zing. CAn I play this on a normal switch. I've used checkpoint to back up my saves and also used the payload injector before.

17. face235

face235 GBATemp's Official Lurker

Apr 16, 2017
    United States
    Beyond the 4th Wall
    Awesome, time to update my PC version!

18. CelicaGTS

CelicaGTS Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2018
    United States
    Nice work! I want to make this work, im a little noobish. I put most of the folder into sxos/title/mod folder and i still never got it to work. Am i doing something wrong?

19. chaxelos

chaxelos Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2016
    im playing the NT version hope this supports that one too.

20. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2008
    United States
    Weird question but can this be played on a microsd formatted in exfat? Or do you need to be on fat32 to prevent any sort of corruption?