Final Fantasy VII: Project Omnislash [Switch Version]

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by MrEffler22, Apr 21, 2019.

1. MrEffler22
    OP

MrEffler22 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Midgar
    @chaxelos this mod cannot be run with the NT mod. NT changes battles and enemies and just the overall vanilla game. Project Omnislash upscales the original games graphics but keeps all the original game untouched change wise minus graphics. So when you mix the two mods you’ll for sure get crashes and just instability all around. But Fwetch in our Discord is currently working on merging Project Omnislash with the NT mod as we speak. But that project will probably take a little with all the changes NT adds to the game so if you want to run NT wait for his merging mod to finish. Other wise the game will be unplayable. You can join our discord and follow updates on that if you are interested.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

@jrush You cannot run any sort of mods on a normal console, you’ll need to mod your console to open all the doors up for stuff like that. @CelicaGTS I'm not sure on SXOS honestly. I myself use Atmosphere running Fat32 but I do know that layeredFS is required working for the mod to be used. Which I’ve been told has been broken with the latest build of SXOS. So I’m sorry I cannot help you further, feel free to come join our Discord and I’m sure someone in there can easily better help assist you with your questions and issues. And lastly but not least @zergslayer69 i honestly don’t think it matters how your SD card is formatted. But I have been told since day one that Fat32 is MUCH safer of a build all around than ExFat. But once again like mentioned above just come join our Discord I’m sure someone there with more in-depth Switch tech knowledge can assist you. Thank you guys for all the support and hope you enjoy the project.

WaRp211, RAWRzilla22 and CelicaGTS like this.
  2. WaRp211

WaRp211 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2013
    United States
    Is it possible to play game 16:9 or full screen?

3. username23bob

username23bob Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    can confirm this works on sx os

4. jonesy101

jonesy101 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2018
    United States
    Which version of sxos are you on?

5. MrEffler22
    OP

MrEffler22 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Midgar
    @WaRp211 You can only play the game with the original aspect of the Switch port. This mod doesn’t do anything other than replacing all the graphics with HD models and adding battle sound effects. @username23bob yes as long as your version of SXOS is compatible with LayeredFS. LayeredFS is the key component with running this mod. I myself though use Atmosphere with Fat32 and recommend that build for everyone. It’s safe and the best working build in my opinion. Enjoy the project everyone. New part release coming soon!

WaRp211 and afeufeufeu like this.
  6. apoptygma

apoptygma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 30, 2010
    Why does your config include entries for Smash Bros. and Breath of the Wild???

7. RAWRzilla22

RAWRzilla22 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2012
    United States
    I had a couple of responses to this, but instead I'm going to ask you a question: What kind of answer are you expecting here, other than the very obvious one?

MrEffler22 and eyeliner like this.
  8. username23bob

username23bob Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    im on the newet but it worked for me on 2.6.1 a well

9. badman112

badman112 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2008

Thank you but i am going to wait for the whole game.
    Also with FFNT add on to skip annoying parts.
    Just hope there will be a way for to switch between classic and FFNT with the HD overhaul.

10. MrEffler22
    OP

MrEffler22 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Midgar
    @badman112 There will be two separate releases my mod will be the original HD one without NT and Fewtch will create a new thread and release his NT conjoined version. So no worries on confusion. You guys as the player can pick which version you want and go download that version.

11. joncak

joncak Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2019
    Zimbabwe
    Awesome i tried the firsts 10 minutes everythings goes well :D, i gonna wait still for the full version, i'll play the whole game in a weekend

MrEffler22 likes this.
  12. jonesy101

jonesy101 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2018
    United States
    Thanks for the confirmation. I thought LayeredFS was broken and i am glad it is working in the newest sxos.

MrEffler22 and username23bob like this.
  13. RAWRzilla22

RAWRzilla22 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2012
    United States
    The Switch version doesnt like when you skip cutscenes. I have had it crash on me more than once by trying to do so.
    Also, if you need to switch between Classic and modded, its fairly easy. Open up NX-Shell and rename your romfs folder for FFVII to "romfs_" and it will not load mods. I think there's also a button you can hold while loading a game to not load layeredFS but Im not sure what that is.

Last edited by RAWRzilla22, May 7, 2019
    MrEffler22 likes this.
  14. apoptygma

apoptygma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 30, 2010
    Why bother taking the time to write that reply instead of just giving the 'obvious' answer?

15. uzimakiuchiha

uzimakiuchiha Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2009
    United States
    On atmosphere hold L until after the switch logo disappears

Edit: that will bypass the entire titles folder so no mods/cheats or any other assets in that folder will load

MrEffler22 likes this.
  16. wakabayashy

wakabayashy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 25, 2014
    France
    France
    what's nt version?

17. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Does this only work with the English version of the game (as does NT for example) or is this unspecific of any language setting?

18. MrEffler22
    OP

MrEffler22 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Midgar
    Project Omnislash works for all languages. The mod only changes graphical aspects of the game. While NT changes and re writes actual scripts. “NT” is short for “New Threat”. It’s a mod that was released awhile back adding new enemies etc to the game.

wurstpistole likes this.
  19. wakabayashy

wakabayashy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 25, 2014
    France
    France
    thanks for info

for me, only Omnislash ;)

MrEffler22 likes this.
  20. qaz015393

qaz015393 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    how do I install this so I can play this mod? i dled the zip but dont know what to do.

EDIT:

Awesome! I got it to work with sx cfw. make sure you are using the latest version. add the game id folder in the root sx folder and in titles folder. It works! Playing it right now and works great. cant wait for the next update for it.

Last edited by qaz015393, May 9, 2019
    MrEffler22 likes this.