Hacking cIOS USB beta3 (IOS222) + WBFS Tool

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the cIOS USB Beta 3 (the one in link in the 1st post of this thread) supposed to install to 222? When I install it I see 202.

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Diffusion said:
jeffc313 said:
I'm getting this error
cannot find any wbfs partition (verify permissions)): No such file or directory
I have a blank Unformatted partition (used gparted)
Readme said you needed admin power so type in "sudo" before your command.

Ex:
sudo ./wbfs ls

I did run it as root

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
piratesmack said:
Diffusion said:
jeffc313 said:
I'm getting this error

Ex:
sudo ./wbfs ls

I did run it as root
heh. You can always make the partition using the USB loader, and the WBFS tool will detect it.

unheared

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if a ps3 can run linux ( yellow dog ) could we use it to run that program and format a hdd ?
please let me know
smile.gif

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Diffusion said:
piratesmack said:
Diffusion said:
jeffc313 said:
I'm getting this error

Ex:
sudo ./wbfs ls

I did run it as root
heh. You can always make the partition using the USB loader, and the WBFS tool will detect it.

Thanks, didn't know that

Posts merged

QUOTE(unheared @ Mar 30 2009, 05:46 PM)
if a ps3 can run linux ( yellow dog ) could we use it to run that program and format a hdd ?
please let me know
smile.gif

It's not compiled for powerpc
So you'd have to compile it yourself.

jeffc313

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when I try to format using the loader I get a long pause, then
[+]ERROR: could not initialize USB sybstem! (ret = -1)
press any button to restart.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can format it with USB loader but it still won't show up in linux... I can pull up the USB flash drive under gparted... but it never shows up in the filesystem. Neither in file browsers or even in terminal it won't show up (gparted shows it as sdb and the partition sdb1)

Anyone know why I can't access it to add/change isos? Works perfectly fine on the loader, using a terminal in ubuntu under superuser (also tried just running it with sudo command)

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
koji2009 said:
I can format it with USB loader but it still won't show up in linux... I can pull up the USB flash drive under gparted... but it never shows up in the filesystem. Neither in file browsers or even in terminal it won't show up (gparted shows it as sdb and the partition sdb1)

Anyone know why I can't access it to add/change isos? Works perfectly fine on the loader, using a terminal in ubuntu under superuser (also tried just running it with sudo command)

./wbfs -p /dev/sdb1/ init
./wbfs add isolocation

works for me. Without mounting the drive, so it doesn't show up in the filesystem or file browsers, just like you.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But that doesn't work for me. I do ./wbfs -p /dev/sdb1/ init and get no message, just a return to prompt. I then use any other commands and it says there isn't a wbfs partition on the drive.

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an 8 GB PNY attache flash drive
When I try to create a partition with the USB loader, it says it can't be formatted.
So I made a partition table with fdisk, and the USB loader says there is only 3.75 GB free space when the partition is 8 GB

Any ideas?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had assumed as much, but I figured it was something I should mention. That said, I still get"cannot find any wbts partition (verify permissions)): no such file or directory"

I again am running under super user (also added normal user to "disk" group just to be sure)

-edit- pirate: USB loader doesn't display the remaining space correctly.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
koji2009 said:
I had assumed as much, but I figured it was something I should mention. That said, I still get"cannot find any wbts partition (verify permissions)): no such file or directory"

I again am running under super user (also added normal user to "disk" group just to be sure)
Here's a copy of my terminal window.

CODEdiffusion@ubuntu:~$ sudo su
[sudo] password for diffusion:
root@ubuntu:/home/diffusion# cd Desktop/wbfs
root@ubuntu:/home/diffusion/Desktop/wbfs# ./wbfs /dev/sdb1/ init
root@ubuntu:/home/diffusion/Desktop/wbfs# ./wbfs df
using /dev/sdb
wbfs tot:15.16G used:14.22GÂÂfree:0.93G

root@ubuntu:/home/diffusion/Desktop/wbfs#

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I have been using Ubunut about 2 weeks but this is stumping me, I repartitioned with GParted nooo problem then from there I am stuck. I have opened Terminal and entered ./wbfs -p /dev/sdb1/ init and all I get it no such file or directory. I have the wbfs file on my dekstop but havent done anything with that if someone can get me started I am sure it will be smooth sailing after that. thanks!!!

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrickyTony said:
Okay I have been using Ubunut about 2 weeks but this is stumping me, I repartitioned with GParted nooo problem then from there I am stuck. I have opened Terminal and entered ./wbfs -p /dev/sdb1/ init and all I get it no such file or directory. I have the wbfs file on my dekstop but havent done anything with that if someone can get me started I am sure it will be smooth sailing after that. thanks!!!
type in CODEcd Desktop
first

Since you say wbfs is on your desktop

jeffc313

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrickyTony said:
what does gparted report your partition as? also, make sure that you cd into the wbfs directory

phertiker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Diffusion said:
koji2009 said:

./wbfs -p /dev/sdb1/ init
./wbfs add isolocation

works for me. Without mounting the drive, so it doesn't show up in the filesystem or file browsers, just like you.

hey man, what sort of drive are you using with the wbfs tool? I have a Seagate 300GB, the tool initialized the partition just fine, but when I try to actually transfer an ISO at which point I get "error seeking in disc file: Invalid argument", every single ISO I've tried. I see others getting it too, just wondering if there's a pattern... Ripping using the loader itself seems to work fine.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
phertiker said:
hey man, what sort of drive are you using with the wbfs tool? I have a Seagate 300GB, the tool works great until I try to actually transfer an ISO at which point I get "error seeking in disc file: Invalid argument", every single ISO I've tried. I see others getting it too, just wondering if there's a pattern... Ripping using the loader itself seems to work fine.
I'm getting that error too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You must be north of me, Im in Ohio.. It been storming on off all day here, coming from the north
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    just barely maybe, more so just dead east.
    I'm in NJ
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is weird looking at the radar, it is making a circle
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    @BigOnYa well, starting with, idk which emulator should i use for switch, i got a gtx 1650, do you know which one would it better for my pc?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The switch emulators on pc rely on your CPU mostly, and they only use a single core, so GPU not as important as a good CPU. I don't use switch emulator, but many here do, and willing to help.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 do you want to chime in, don't you use yuzu or ryujinx? Which do you prefer?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Morganna I'd say try them both, and see which work better for your setup, good luck, and have fun!
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    i tried just yuzu so far, not even played, just open the game to see if it run
    +1
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    By the way, is there any website you recommend to search for some roms?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you are not allowed to discuss them here, against the rules of the site. Sorry. But you can Google Nintendo NSP and there will be a few listed.
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    @BigOnYa that was actually very helpful, thank you very much
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Game on!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually looking forward to that new m&ms song Friday
  • DTApple @ DTApple:
    Water is the Wii Startup Disc of the soul.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I won't listen till they bring back the purple ones
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    For every Nintendo question that gets asked I'll post a Taylor swift song in return
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Whatever happened to D12?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Split after their friends death but still friends
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    still waiting on my salsa lmao
    em you lied to us
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remb that song, i just never knew that was what he was talking bout.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    the backwards d looks so weird
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    like :D or D: is nowhere near as odd as ꓷ:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (: is just the text version of 🙃 no matter how much they want me to think it's 🙂
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    emo
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: emo