United States
-sighs- still no good for me.

QUOTE said:
koji@Jacox:~$ cd Desktop/wbfs
koji@Jacox:~/Desktop/wbfs$ sudo su
root@Jacox:/home/koji/Desktop/wbfs# ./wbfs /dev/sdb1/ init
root@Jacox:/home/koji/Desktop/wbfs# ./wbfs df
cannot find any wbfs partition (verify permissions)): No such file or directory

Doesn't matter what commands I use before or after init. I have animal crossing on the USB from installing it using the wii USB loader... so there definitely should be a wbfs partition.

Cypherdias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried out that tool. Init doesn't work for me either. With /dev/sdc1 being the WBFS partition
./wbfs -p /dev/sdc1 init
./wbfs add
doesn't work with error of WBFS partition not found. But
./wbfs -p /dev/sdc1 add
DOES work, so if init is not working properly, just use the path attribute with every command.

I have some other problems though, as copying the iso to the WBFS partition starts normally, but breaks with error:
error seeking in disc file: Invalid argument

I can dump the backup I burned onto DVD without problems using USB-Loader, but copying via ./wbfs does not work for most of my ISOs.

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jeffc313 said:
TrickyTony said:
Okay I have been using Ubunut about 2 weeks but this is stumping me, I repartitioned with GParted nooo problem then from there I am stuck. I have opened Terminal and entered ./wbfs -p /dev/sdb1/ init and all I get it no such file or directory. I have the wbfs file on my dekstop but havent done anything with that if someone can get me started I am sure it will be smooth sailing after that. thanks!!!
what does gparted report your partition as? also, make sure that you cd into the wbfs directory

Thanks. cd Desktop workerd. gpareted sasy my partition is /dev/sdb1 when i type ".wbfs - p /dev/sdb1 init i hit enter and nothing happens, which I hear is normal. Next I enter ./wbfs add pik.iso (my Pikmin Wii ISO) andddd I get cannot find any wbfs partition (verify permissions)): No such file or directory?

timbellomo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every ISO I've tried adding thus far has resulted in an error message:
QUOTE said:

They fail at various percentages. The "create" command fails too - at the same percentages (add/create fail at the same percentage for a given game). I noticed that the partially-created (failed) files ("name.iso.wbfs") are all 810024960 bytes (772.5 MB).

When I tried creating Facebreaker, the error was slightly different:
QUOTE said:
no space left on device (disc full): Invalid argument

The file size was still 772.5MB. There are 300GB free on the usb drive, and 57GB free on the computer's drive, so I don't think space is an issue.

I also tried changing the filenames, thinking maybe it was an invalid characters issue... no change.

These are all ISOs that work fine when burned. I haven't tried ripping via Wii yet.

Some terminal output:
CODE
user@computer:~/Desktop/wbfs$ sudo ./wbfs add /drive/wiirips/Zak\ and\ Wiki.iso
using /dev/sdg
adding RTZE08 Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure...
user@computer:~/Desktop/wbfs$ sudo ./wbfs add /drive/wiirips/FaceBreaker\ K.O.\ Party.iso
using /dev/sdg
adding RFQE69 FaceBreaker K.O. Party...
user@computer:~/Desktop/wbfs$ sudo ./wbfs create /drive/wiirips/FaceBreaker\ K.O.\ Party.iso
user@computer:~/Desktop/wbfs$ sudo ./wbfs create /drive/wiirips/ferd.iso
adding RFEE01 FIRE EMBLEM 10 USA...
user@computer:~/Desktop/wbfs$ sudo ./wbfs create /drive/wiirips/FaceBreaker\ K.O.\ Party.iso
user@computer:~/Desktop/wbfs$ sudo ./wbfs add /drive/wiirips/FaceBreaker\ K.O.\ Party.iso
using /dev/sdg

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cypher that worked, the only problem is that the add command is giving me new errors now. I'm getting a segmentation fault error now. Anyone have any idea on that?

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you're using the binary in the first post, there may be something wrong with it. I compiled my own out of the source, and I was able to get animal crossing on my SD card.

Code:
root@ubuntu:/home/diffusion/Desktop/wbfs# ./wbfs add '/home/diffusion/Desktop/Image.iso' 
using /dev/sdb
adding RUUE01 Animal Crossing Wii...
Done inÂÂ0:00:12

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Diffusion said:
If you're using the compiled version, they may be something wrong with it. I compiled my own out of the source, and I was able to get animal crossing on my SD card.

What distro are you using?

I compiled it myself on Slackware-Current, but still have the same problem.
Maybe it's just my USB drive?

Cypherdias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
timbellomo said:
WBFS binary from this thread was the culprit - possible problem with compilation... (can't say for sure).

Binary from kwiirk's thread worked for me:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144250&st=19

Thanks.
Okay, that seems to be the problem. The download from the other thread works fine for me now.
smile.gif
Perfect!

Thank you for fixing that out!

giraffeblood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone having better luck using the linux transfer method to move copied games to the hd? the wii transfer method is giving people longer transfer times and some errors.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
giraffeblood said:
Is anyone having better luck using the linux transfer method to move copied games to the hd? the wii transfer method is giving people longer transfer times and some errors.
Both methods work for me, except that sometimes the loader freezes during transfers

And PC seems faster. Animal Crossing: Wii took 12 secs . Pikmin took 12 mins

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked this elsewhere but Linux people seem to be here. Even though transfers work my computer doesn't fully detect the HD when plugged in, is there anyway to do this so I can A) unmount it properly and B) possibly rename the files (I would prefer seeing deBlob to Blob07 on the list)

Edit: Yeah the .iso on comp method seems slightly better to me, but they do both work.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That new binary worked great for me in Knoppix! I dumped my Mushroom Men ISO onto my Kingston 8GB in less than 3 minutes.
biggrin.gif

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
hungyip84 said:
I am wondering if there is a way to convert the wbfs-converted file back to iso format.
Same here.
I like the possibility of burning a disc if I need to.
having to re-rip my wii disc sounds like hell to me.
having two hard drive would be the alternate solution (one for the iso and one for the wbfs)
but hey... god knows what these wizard still have is their bags for us. maybe even a "simple" wbfs ---> burner tool...
wink.gif

Cheers,
R

Ixionx

Trophies
XP
Country
hungyip84 said:
I am wondering if there is a way to convert the wbfs-converted file back to iso format.
Perhaps I'm not understanding it completely, but the documentation mentions the following

*extract an iso from wbfs
./wbfs extract DISCID

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass