Hacking cios 38 rev 17 is out

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
CyberAxe said:
I wish he'd stop injecting that stupid low quality music into every release its nto needed and its volume is too damned high that it distorts not to mention makes a file that should only be 300kb or so much larger than it needs to be which is annoying for slower connections

I rly wonder how you get the 4gig iso's then
rolleyes.gif

stickybit

Trophies
XP
Country
hope it ok to post this in this section..

im having a nightmare of a time getting the box images to work on usb loader gx when i use wbfs manager on my pc it shows all the box art when i highlight the game but when i pulug the HD back in to my wii thers no box art atall it gives me the option to download the box art but it just says something like box image missing
in the settings on usb gx it says path sd:/images/ but thers nowt there and when i manually put them in that folder they dont show up??
can some1 help please

julz1

Trophies
XP
Country
stickybit said:
hope it ok to post this in this section..

im having a nightmare of a time getting the box images to work on usb loader gx when i use wbfs manager on my pc it shows all the box art when i highlight the game but when i pulug the HD back in to my wii thers no box art atall it gives me the option to download the box art but it just says something like box image missing
in the settings on usb gx it says path sd:/images/ but thers nowt there and when i manually put them in that folder they dont show up??
can some1 help please

No go to the backup loader section and post in the noob help sticky or look for the usb loader gx topic

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Man, why do people keep bitching about the music ? Be glad the man still is making new revisions for y'all !!
If you realy hate it so much I have a real good tip. Grab you remote and look for this button and press it !

ssm.jpg

Otherwise: GTFO !!! My god what a bunch of winers !

palasx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
da_letter_a said:
That is interesting...

So it corrupts the last part of the second layer?

It shouldn't be that much of a problem as long as the game doesn't use the ENTIRE disc.

And thanks for pointing this out.

That's the problem here. Wii discs have a "data-hole" in the middle of the disc, and the actual data is written at the end. That's the reason why wii .iso files are exactly 4.37 GB, while .isos for ps2 for example match the game size.

So im perusing this topic looking for an excuse to upgrade from rev14, and i came across your post. I _REALLY_ do not want to blindly contradict you, especially because you such an active member in the wii scene and have done MUCH for the community at large...but...Isnt the primary reason that Wii ISOs are 4.37 that Ninty crypto's the entire disc, including the blank space? Now i'm not saying that there isnt a data-hole, because pushing the data to the outside edge causes faster loading and thats a good thing, and the whole reason there IS so much non-zero blank space is because of said data-hole, i was just saying the reason the ISOs are so large is becuase you cant ignore that blank space in the middle, it wont compress well, etc etc etc.

ya know, clarity for the sake of clarity, thats all
smile.gif

so, yeah. THANKS FOR REV17! i probably wont be updating because i dont play any dual layer games, and Herme's works for that if i have to. looking forward to more cool fake file system stuff though!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you would look at the fst.bin file and analyze it, you would see that there aren't any files at the start of the game partition. I think WiiScrubber also tells where a certain file is to be found inside the disc. I agree with you, i also think this is done to achieve a better speed. Maybe on ps2 games the data is on the outside of the disc too, and the .iso format has a minimum of compression integrated, i don't know. I think i heard that wii disc images can't be compressed(at least not really good), because the "empty" areas are filled with random values, and scrubbing changes that data is a way that can be compressed.

About cIOSrev17:
It seems superior to all other cIOS from Waninkoko. rev14 had the DL bug, 15 was not disc channel/NeoGamma compatible and 16 dislikes certain commands(NeoGamma).
The only issue i know of is that it's not able to read the last sector of a DL disc. Hmm, thinking about it and about the above, that might be pretty bad. But this issue is said to be fixed in the repository.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
yes, it is fixed, but it is only available in the repository ATM.

But the "Sysmenu GC disc Error has occurred" error hasn't been fixed...

Don't quite know what causes it. It was introduced in rev14, if that helps.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
CyberAxe said:
I wish he'd stop injecting that stupid low quality music into every release its nto needed and its volume is too damned high that it distorts not to mention makes a file that should only be 300kb or so much larger than it needs to be which is annoying for slower connections

you call that noise music? but anyways we just have to bare it till it installs it's only a few seconds.

wiifan420

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
CyberAxe said:

you call that noise music? but anyways we just have to bare it till it installs it's only a few seconds.

I think the track is great and would love to have the audio file for it. I saw earlier in this thread that someone had the mp3. Could anyone upload it if so? Thanks in advance.

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
If you would look at the fst.bin file and analyze it, you would see that there aren't any files at the start of the game partition. I think WiiScrubber also tells where a certain file is to be found inside the disc. I agree with you, i also think this is done to achieve a better speed. Maybe on ps2 games the data is on the outside of the disc too, and the .iso format has a minimum of compression integrated, i don't know. I think i heard that wii disc images can't be compressed(at least not really good), because the "empty" areas are filled with random values, and scrubbing changes that data is a way that can be compressed.

About cIOSrev17:
It seems superior to all other cIOS from Waninkoko. rev14 had the DL bug, 15 was not disc channel/NeoGamma compatible and 16 dislikes certain commands(NeoGamma).
The only issue i know of is that it's not able to read the last sector of a DL disc. Hmm, thinking about it and about the above, that might be pretty bad. But this issue is said to be fixed in the repository.

Is that what the nightly builds are? I mean repository?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Muyfa666 said:
WiiPower said:

About cIOSrev17:

Is that what the nightly builds are? I mean repository?
Waninkoko posted the nightly build on his Twitter (and I assume he will continue to do so there). The DL sector bug was fixed in a commit to his Git repo. A build containing this fix should be released soon.

Tangorfopper

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
castiglio.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Italy
Det1re said:
stickybit said:
[random thoughts]

rev10 uses both ports.
rev12+ uses only the lower port to allow USB extension controllers to work ingame.

Hi, I'd like to report an issue that I have with all versions from rev14 up until rev17 when using the Configurable USB Loader (I've also posted in the loader's thread but with no success).
I've a Coolermaster x-craft 2.5" USB enclosure (so the power is entirely taken from the console) with a 80Gb Maxtor HD in it.

With rev13 everything is working fine, not an issue even after hours of use but with ALL versions from rev14 onward the drive is not recognized: the loader returns the error "ret=-1".

All upgrades-downgrade have been done using the network install.

Can anybody help?

Thanks.

Tangorfopper

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
castiglio.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Italy
longtom1 said:
have you tried a different loader or a powered drive
No, I just tried that disk (WBFS formatted) and CFG USB Loader. The console itself is a 2006 Wii bought at console launch, console's system is 4.0E and I've done the only hacking necessary to launch games from USB using CFG USB loader so all other cIOS should be "original".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Bakerman vs. Wario