ROM Hack Chrono Trigger DS (USA) Piracy Fix!

Shadow-Zero

Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've tried an EUR and US Chrono Trigger (4.3a patched it says when booting if I'm not mistaken) and the game freezes everytime I beat "Yakra" (the first boss) and/or when I use the X-Strike dual-tech.
I'm using a M3 Real with the latest firmware. I read most of this topic, but it got kinda confusing.
Does anyone have the same problem, I didn't read this one particularely. How can I fix this?

EdgeDSDOTA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im new in gbatemp and so far this is my only problem in edge (other roms seem to be working fine)

i have edge and i dont know where/how to put the piracy cheat code to my microsd
i changed it to cheats.dat but i already have a file that has the same name

can some1 help me cause im a noob in this cheat code thing for r4cce??
i get the guide for r4cce but coudnt get the code to work on my edge
hate2.gif

goblet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but how !!! when i try to put the codes and press ''ok'' it doesnt work like im doing the wrong thing... i do i put the codes on NO$GBA...pleeease respond...

Posts merged

and do the codes resolves the ''roms crashed'' problem ?

force556

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey guys, Alright some of you seem to be having problems i just got it to work. Mind you i dont have a NDS i have No$GBA and it runs 100% fine.

When you extract the TTDS file RENAME THE FOLDER! This is probably why alot of you are not getting the new file chrono-patched.nds. Rename the folder it to "ct" or something since the characters used not being read by dos.

so

Step 1. Get the rom
Step 2. download [url=http://www.mediafire.com/?jqylgzmjwm2]http://www.mediafire.com/?jqylgzmjwm2[/url]
Step 3. Extract patcher to wherever and rename the folder to ct
Step 4. Run the patch and use the patched chrono-patched.nds
Step 5. Enjoy the game

Step6. ONLY IF YOU ARE USING NO$GBA emu - goto Option - Emulation setup- NDS cartridge backup Media Select "FRAM32Kbytes"

Steffenfield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all.

I've upgraded my original R4 from firmware 1.18 to YSmenu with RSauto whatever it's called.

Everything, including homebrew works great.

The only trouble is with this game.

The 1.18 firmware can run this with no troubles after the game has been patched and trimmed.

However, the same doesn't happen through YSmenu. Two white screens.

It seems like the only way to get this working is to have the full 128 meg untrimmed rom with the cheat enable in the menu selection screen.

Is this correct or can this game still be trimmed and used through YSmenu?

Thanks!

SpiderCVIII

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm using the cheat fix, but the game hangs before I enter the portal(Right when the two machines start to release electrical bolts)!
Does this have to do with anti-piracy or do I need another rom? I'm using an R4 with y-something... the firmware that lets you play M&L3.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SpiderCVIII said:
Ok, I'm using the cheat fix, but the game hangs before I enter the portal(Right when the two machines start to release electrical bolts)!
Does this have to do with anti-piracy or do I need another rom? I'm using an R4 with y-something... the firmware that lets you play M&L3.
You don't need to use an anti-pirate fix with that version of YSMenu. Just replace your extinfo.dat with THIS ONE and use a clean ROM.

SpiderCVIII

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
SpiderCVIII said:
You don't need to use an anti-pirate fix with that version of YSMenu. Just replace your extinfo.dat with THIS ONE and use a clean ROM.
So having the code enabled causes this?
So ysmenu does not require any cheat fix? Like for Dragon Quest V?

kurtsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Narin said:
Ok folks, I updated the piracy fix from the Japanese version of the game to work on the USA version, so here it is. Enjoy!

Heres information from the Japanese release:
Narin said:
Well folks, are some rather extensive testing by the GBAtemp Cheat Crew and some some volunteers, we bring to you the Chrono Trigger DS fix! This will let you bypass the anti-piracy measures and play the game without any interruptions. This code will be added in the next update of the cheat database which should be in a short while as well as posted below for those who can't wait. For those with flashcards or emulators that don't support Action Replay cheats, you can use DSATM (Search GBAtemp for it) to patch the game with the cheat so its always on.

I want to thank everyone who made this possible! A big thanks for gelu and Normatt for without them, this cheat may have taken a bit longer to make. It was thanks to helu's original code for his AceKard RPG firmware that made all this possible! Also a big thanks goes out to my team who extensively tested this cheat on almost every available flashcart out there. The team includes Curely, Elixerdreams, SCV and Normatt. Also a thanks goes out or our volunteer testers Urza and LiquidManZero.

Now before I get to the actual cheat, I please ask you that if you do distribute this cheat to others and other sites that you pass along where you found it here at GBAtemp out of respect for all the people who put time and effort into it. Now with that out of the way, enjoy my fellow cheaters!

EDIT:
If you are impatient and need help n how to add these cheats yourself to a cheat database, please see Curely's very informative Cheat Code Editor guide here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=findpost&pid=1278822

Now finally, here is the fixed cheat:

0204E334 E3A00000
0204E338 E12FFF1E
0204E694 E3A00000
0204E698 E12FFF1E

A special thanks goes out to SignZ for testing it.

How do I use this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4