ROM Hack Chrono Trigger DS (USA) Piracy Fix!

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok folks, I updated the piracy fix from the Japanese version of the game to work on the USA version, so here it is. Enjoy!

Heres information from the Japanese release:
Narin said:
Well folks, are some rather extensive testing by the GBAtemp Cheat Crew and some some volunteers, we bring to you the Chrono Trigger DS fix! This will let you bypass the anti-piracy measures and play the game without any interruptions. This code will be added in the next update of the cheat database which should be in a short while as well as posted below for those who can't wait. For those with flashcards or emulators that don't support Action Replay cheats, you can use DSATM (Search GBAtemp for it) to patch the game with the cheat so its always on.

I want to thank everyone who made this possible! A big thanks for gelu and Normatt for without them, this cheat may have taken a bit longer to make. It was thanks to helu's original code for his AceKard RPG firmware that made all this possible! Also a big thanks goes out to my team who extensively tested this cheat on almost every available flashcart out there. The team includes Curely, Elixerdreams, SCV and Normatt. Also a thanks goes out or our volunteer testers Urza and LiquidManZero.

Now before I get to the actual cheat, I please ask you that if you do distribute this cheat to others and other sites that you pass along where you found it here at GBAtemp out of respect for all the people who put time and effort into it. Now with that out of the way, enjoy my fellow cheaters!

EDIT:
If you are impatient and need help n how to add these cheats yourself to a cheat database, please see Curely's very informative Cheat Code Editor guide here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=findpost&pid=1278822

Now finally, here is the fixed cheat:

0204E334 E3A00000
0204E338 E12FFF1E
0204E694 E3A00000
0204E698 E12FFF1E

A special thanks goes out to SignZ for testing it.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

manaphy4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
thanks Narin u are the best
smile.gif

D

Deleted-19228

Can someone please explain the point of this when the release comes with a PPF patch?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Neptune said:
Can someone please explain the point of this when the release comes with a PPF patch?
You're able to play the game without patching the game and the PPF patch has been known to not work on some flashcards and can cause data corruption in some.

I_Got_Wii'D

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
The patch corrupts quite a few flashcarts (The DSTT being the one with the most problems).

I personally used the patch (M3DS Real) without any trouble, but I would advise everyone to use the codes and play it safe.

I am still just using the JPN version of Chrono Trigger.

Tho I would still (again) like to thank you for taking the time to do this for people.

Bleedingelite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could somebody please add the cheat to the CHEAT.DAT(UE) file for me? I'm stuck at work on a mac, but I'd like to play it over thanksgiving break if I can. Thanks a lot!

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Bleedingelite said:
Could somebody please add the cheat to the CHEAT.DAT(UE) file for me? I'm stuck at work on a mac, but I'd like to play it over thanksgiving break if I can. Thanks a lot!
I will add it in tonight's update. I also have a ton of CTDS (U) codes to add as well,

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:
Canonbeat234 said:
I don't get it, what's different from this cheat between any other cheat?
It prevents intentional lockups during gameplay. The lockups were put in as piracy protection and this code bypasses those.

So I use the code cheat editor to put the code inside the Usercheat file then download the game, enter the code inside and it should work?

Dark_Void

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
As stated above if you are a DSTT user DO NOT USE THE PATCH FILE. Use the code provided here. I hadn't backed up several important saves before I tried running the patched rom (corrupted my card completely every time).

hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself