Cheats not working on DSTWO

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by DSGamer64, Mar 4, 2012.

Mar 4, 2012

Cheats not working on DSTWO by DSGamer64 at 6:31 PM (2,823 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. DSGamer64
    OP

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Seems that more then a couple of games aren't working with the USRCHEAT.DAT file. The latest apparently is from March of last year, at least that I could find on this website anyway. Any suggestions on what the issue might be? I get the cheat screens for any game that has cheats, but the activations never happen when I go into a game.

2. Wiip™

Member Wiip™ Worth a penny.

United Kingdom
  3. nutsnbolts

Newcomer nutsnbolts Advanced Member

United States
    I also had the same issue. I still haven't managed to get it to work. I placed the file in the dstwo folder. (.dat) I even upgraded to the latest file presented here.

In my 3ds I went into a game. Pressed L+R and pressed start to access the menu and no cheat was available. I will try other games but with lord of the rings nothing. I will try Indiana Jones for I know the acercard had cheats with it.

Anythingi maybe doing wrong?

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Sure you used the right key combo? One of the in-game menus has cheats and such, another is more limited. Also see if you can read the cheats before the game starts. in the dstwo's menus.

5. nutsnbolts

United States
    Can you elaborate? What key combo to use and what do you mean read the cheats in dstwo menus?

6. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    L+R+Start and L+R+Select.

And in the DSTwo's menus. You know, in the DStwo, before starting a game. When on the list of games, pull up the options for a game, are the cheats there? If not, then there's no cheat database found, or the one you have doesn't have cheats for the game.

7. nutsnbolts

United States
    I can try this let me see if I see anything.

8. pr0xy

Newcomer pr0xy Newbie

United States
    Dang... The only topic on the internet about the same problem I'm having, and no answer was given.

So yeah, cheats are not working on my super card dstwo. I have the latest file, and it is in the correct folder. I can see all of the cheats in the menu, but they do nothing in the game. Any ideas?

EDIT: actually it seems that it works for a few games, but not others. So far a few games they won't work on are Dragon Quest IX, both Zelda's, Star Fox Command, Infinite Space, and a handful of others.

9. Aeter

Member Aeter A walking contradiction

Netherlands
    Perhaps you should try not to cheat, you might learn to enjoy it.

10. Cocoli

Newcomer Cocoli Member

United States
    while you open the DStwo on your console, you could find a setting in its lower right corner, then open its cheat function