Cheap Fun Games for Testing Purposes

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Monty Kensicle, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Monty Kensicle
    OP

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    I do a lot of console buying, repair and testing, sometimes in the field it's important to have various cartridges and discs for testing a system to see what's wrong right away (and to better haggle a price)

The Gameboy, NES, SNES, Mega Drive (Genesis) line of systems have cheap entertaining original games, repros and multi-carts so that's not a problem, but I don't know of any good inexpensive games for the Atari 5200, 7800, Lynx, Jaguar, Nintendo 64, Sega 32x Sega CD and Saturn.

Sure, I could get some awful sports games for next to nothing but then I would really have no idea if there was something wrong with the graphics or button commands.

So what all would you fine folks recommend I get on the cheap that I can actually play to test these systems out?

Thank you for your time.

2. koffieleut

koffieleut GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2009
    Netherlands
    probably at home
    For the Lynx, you can buy klax for a few dollars. For the Sega CD you can check out Road Avanger, it's a nice fmv game. Don't know about the others Maybe Night for the saturn or Gex for the saturn, but I don't know the prices of these games.

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Generally some flavour of flash cart and a piece of dedicated homebrew is what I would use. Granted I don't know the specifics for any of those but in most cases if there is homebrew then someone will have written one of those as an alternative to making a yet another pong or tetris clone. Graphics can be slightly more tricky if they are not taken care of but find some kind of demoscene demo ( http://www.pouet.net/ ) and it will probably be good.