Hacking Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

Shimano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I allready have CHBC but its strange, i just copy from NAND to USB = 39 Mb only saves the game on USB is no longer working since it has been overwritten and only saves are left on USB, now i reinstall the game again with WUP on USB with the saves copied and i now i have all the saves in the game from WUP :D its great i removed the disc since i no longer need it. I wasted half my life playing Mario 3d and I'm on the last missions i really don't want to start again hehe :)

Isn't there a way to EXPORT the saves somehow ? like on the game cube you can have multiple game save cards

Shimano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Btw since i have CBHC is it safe to just install DLC ? do i have to do anything else beside installing them to work and be safe ?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so if I'm updating my chbc from 1.5 to 1.6, do I need to reinstall haxchi first? I know I should not touch the file that became of my old brain age DS title, but the first post only states:

If a new CBHC version comes out you can just run the installer again and let it overwrite the existing CBHC installation, same rules as on the first installation still apply.

Well the first time I ran an installer for Haxchi as well, is it talking about that this time as well, or do I just open the CBHC installer immediately since I already successfully installed Haxchi and CBHC? I'd really appreciate the help.

Edit: NVM, the FAQ answered my question: https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-is-haxchi-or-cbhc-faqs-and-info.453729/ (I shouldn't reinstall Haxchi, I figured as much but wanted to be sure), just did it and the update worked like a charm!

Last edited by duffmmann,

ogm_madness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Read the 1st post. Read it again. Read the links it contains, https://gbatemp.net/threads/haxchi-v2-0-a-persistent-wiiu-hack.451071/ that thread also contains a list of all the games that will work. https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/blob/master/installer/src/gameList.h#L14-L102 Once you are done, read it again and anything you don't understand ask questions before doing anything. It's pretty simple to install and get going but people skip steps or don't follow them to a t and then end up bricking.

I was able to install Mocha CFW and Haxchi (I bought Brain Age just for this... unsurprisingly, it was in the top of the list of DS VC games... I laughed).

I figured that clicking the CFW icon is not a big deal, so I won't bother with the coldboot..(unless there's some sort of bootmii or other method to recover in case of a brick, which I'm sure is under development).

Is there any way to update the hacks? I'm sure that everything is up-to-date, as I just hacked the Wii U with all the new stuff. But if next month or a year from now I want to update everything, what is the easiest way? Also, major props for the scene!

Shimano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Is there any Emulator for NES/SNES/Genesis/N64/GameCube that can install as channel and work ? the emulator from HBL crash i don't know why and i'm leazy to get to vWii everytime i like to run emulators

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is there any Emulator for NES/SNES/Genesis/N64/GameCube that can install as channel and work ? the emulator from HBL crash i don't know why and i'm leazy to get to vWii everytime i like to run emulators
Your HBL must be outdated, upgrade to HBL 1.4 and you will be able to run RetroArch, also there is a channel version of HBL that supports retroarch.
For N64 you can use VC or vWii's Not64.

Last edited by Billy Acuña,

Shimano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I got HBL v2.1 is this outdated ? if i try to run RetroArch i get black screen with lots of errors in text :( is 1.4 newer than 2.1 ?

Tommy084

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Here is a new mod with TCPgecko, HUDtoVpad and Retroarch :)
I dont know what ppl use if not TCPgecko, then SDcaffiine? Geekiine didt work, hanging on the "wait" screen after loading ip...
HUDto Vpad seem to work.
And the Retroarch uses retro_luncher
+ some small tweeks
And if FIX94 dont want to have this mod here, please let me know :)

EDITED
List is:
WiiU CBHC CFW
WiiU Mocha CFW
WiiU SD CFW
WiiU HomeBrew Loader
WiiU Loadiine GX2
WiiU WUP installer GX2
WiiU FTPiiU
WiiU TcpGecko
WiiU PadCon
WiiU HIDtoVpad
WiiU RetroArch
Wii System Menu
Wii HomeBrew Loader
Wii USBLoader GX
Wii WiiFlow
Wii Nintendont

Attachments

• IMG_5346.JPG
    IMG_5346.JPG
    877.7 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_5345.JPG
    IMG_5345.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 583
  • CBHC_v1.6mod.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 177
Last edited by Tommy084,
Reactions: LinkFan16

Shimano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Grr i installed CHBC from the HBL where shoud i put this arhive on the SD Card so it will install it from it ?

Shimano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
How do you play online games like Mario Kart 8 ? When i go to Online - Single player i get that i first need to update the game in order to play online...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1