KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
Charmandersrule said:
It's too dark. There's too much going on. It doesn't even look like the same game! I'm perfectly fine with my $9.99 DSiWare version...
>Cave Story
>Takes place in a Cave
>It's too dark!
Idt they care. Some people want it as colorful as the original.

Tho the way it look now make more sense to me.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
cosmiccow said:
It does NOT look terrible. It just lacks the charme the original had.

I think it looks pretty pleasing, albeit a bit more generic.

I would pay $40 because that equals 28 Euro. I'm not too sure about 40 Eur yet though...

They usually don't accurately translate the costs so it may be like 40 Euros.

I just think that taking away the graphics and audio of the original really takes away a big part of playing the game. It was meant to look and feel like an older game. Updating it defeats the purpose. It'll be a great game unless they somehow royally fuck up the gameplay, but a lot of the joy and satisfaction of playing it was the whole "retro" feel.

Plus I've seen some games and demos that show that the 3DS is capable of much more.

QUOTE(heartgold @ Jun 27 2011, 10:47 PM) I wouldn't pay full price for reasons you already posted, I'll get a used one sometime later though to experince it in 3D.

Kinda going off on a rant here, but this seems to be a huge issue with the 3DS. People are just so willing to repay for games just so they can see them in "3D". I mean you're paying $40 (and whatever the price is in other regions) just to see SSFIV in 3D, Ocarina of Time in 3D, Star Fox 64 in 3D, MGS3 in 3D, Rayman in 3D, Splinter Cell in 3D, the list goes on. I mean sure, they add some other features like touch screen controls, maybe some upped graphics, motion controls perhaps, but it's still the same game for a higher price. And I don't see portability as a huge selling factor, especially on games that were so rooted as being iconic home console games.

Actually that's what I liked about OoT 3D and SSFIV3D; they were portable. I prefer playing those games on the go. (Also, I also prefer playing GB/GBC games on the big screen. Weird, eh? Haha)

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Guild, that's a very convenient excuse to be able to complain about portable remakes. I didn't notice too much bitching from anyone when Super Mario 64 DS came out. Apparently more features is bad. They should start making 3DS remakes in 2D so you won't have to be bothered by the novelty of portable remakes with upgraded graphics any more.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonknuck23 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
cosmiccow said:
It does NOT look terrible. It just lacks the charme the original had.

I think it looks pretty pleasing, albeit a bit more generic.

I would pay $40 because that equals 28 Euro. I'm not too sure about 40 Eur yet though...

They usually don't accurately translate the costs so it may be like 40 Euros.

I just think that taking away the graphics and audio of the original really takes away a big part of playing the game. It was meant to look and feel like an older game. Updating it defeats the purpose. It'll be a great game unless they somehow royally fuck up the gameplay, but a lot of the joy and satisfaction of playing it was the whole "retro" feel.

Plus I've seen some games and demos that show that the 3DS is capable of much more.

QUOTE(heartgold @ Jun 27 2011, 10:47 PM) I wouldn't pay full price for reasons you already posted, I'll get a used one sometime later though to experince it in 3D.

Kinda going off on a rant here, but this seems to be a huge issue with the 3DS. People are just so willing to repay for games just so they can see them in "3D". I mean you're paying $40 (and whatever the price is in other regions) just to see SSFIV in 3D, Ocarina of Time in 3D, Star Fox 64 in 3D, MGS3 in 3D, Rayman in 3D, Splinter Cell in 3D, the list goes on. I mean sure, they add some other features like touch screen controls, maybe some upped graphics, motion controls perhaps, but it's still the same game for a higher price. And I don't see portability as a huge selling factor, especially on games that were so rooted as being iconic home console games.

Actually that's what I liked about OoT 3D and SSFIV3D; they were portable. I prefer playing those games on the go. (Also, I also prefer playing GB/GBC games on the big screen. Weird, eh? Haha)
I agree, as much as I don't like ports, I love being able to play portable versions of console games on my handhelds for many reasons. Cost being one, portability being another, and other reasons.

Still waiting for Persona 4 FES...

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wintrale said:
Maedhros said:
Looks like shit. =/

Why they couldn't do the game in 2D Sprites, but with 3D perspective? It would be much better than this.

'Cause nobody in their right mind would ever pay full price for something that sounds like it should be in the 3D Classics collection with Excitebike.
I would.

I didn't know about the 2D sprites. But I still wanted to see something akin to Paper Mario 3D. The textures in the game are fugly.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Isn't having a lot of remakes and ports exactly what people bitched about PSP Library?? 70% of 3DS biggest games are this right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf