Can't we have a single day of peace at GBATemp?

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Apparently there's a very fine line between "flame war" and "discussion".

Flame war is when people start blatantly trolling and blatantly insulting people. Discussion contains neither of those. I see plenty of discussion (maybe even "heated discussion") but flamewars? Not really.

Also peace is incredibly boring on an internet forum. If every thread consisted of everyone agreeing then that'd just be dull. On topics that strike an opinion, you want to hear (and voice) an opinion, even if it's not the same as yours.
That is why I always go directly against your opinion, which happen to be my opinion cause it is opposite of yours :D
Oh and this place is a LOT better than other places I've seen, even forums dedicated to series get fights over the best and worst of the series.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also peace is incredibly boring on an internet forum. If every thread consisted of everyone agreeing then that'd just be dull. On topics that strike an opinion, you want to hear (and voice) an opinion, even if it's not the same as yours.

Actually, when everyone agrees on something, they start arguing over who likes it more. If it's a specific game, they start boasting about how good they are, and what crazy challenges they've completed. "Dude, hard mode, no using the A button, no taking damage, 5-hour time limit...."

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country

Actually, when everyone agrees on something, they start arguing over who likes it more. If it's a specific game, they start boasting about how good they are, and what crazy challenges they've completed. "Dude, hard mode, no using the A button, no taking damage, 5-hour time limit...."

I disagree, people would never agree. Where have you seen such odd behavior, Mars?

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think we all know who keep starting these flame topics. valwin
Reporting does nothing because mods don't do anything about it, and that tells me it's acceptable behavior.

Why else would mods continue allowing trolls like valwin to post topics for the purpose of flaming

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think we all know who keep starting these flame topics. valwin
Reporting does nothing because mods don't do anything about it, and that tells me it's acceptable behavior.

Why else would mods continue allowing trolls like valwin to post topics for the purpose of flaming

Aside from not deleting every single one of Valwin's posts, the mods catch a pretty good majority of shit that's unnecessary.
I know basically every post I report ends up getting moderated in a timely fashion.

The mods aren't here to turn this place into a Disney forum, or Gamespot/faqs. They moderate what needs to be moderated, and give us plenty of freedom.

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I kinda agree with OP in the sense I've been to many a thread recently where people where flaiming about the 3ds and vita in a thread that had little to nohing to do about [surprisingly one vita thread I visited had people fighting over wheither or not handheld is applicable to the vita and other systems anymore :P]

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I would like to mix things up a bit, lets all cross sides from 3DS to Vita and Vita to 3DS, who cares about our opinions lets just shove the opposite of our opinions in and have some fun with all this flame wars.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I disagree, people would never agree. Where have you seen such odd behavior, Mars?

GameFAQs. Obviously not on threads that attract mutants like SquareEnix or Nintendo games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0