Gaming Cant Understand Microsoft

shanefromoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi All,

My son has been banned on his xbox 360 and boy did it piss me off.
He is not really worried but the thing i dont understand is now i dont/cant give Microsoft anymore money for live renewal or if my son wanted to buy something from the live market place.
What is the real purpose of Microsoft banning ppl?
I can and WILL still backup xbox 360 games and play them just not online.
I would have renewed his live subscription when it was expired but cant now.
If my son wanted a game or something else from live marketplace i would have bought it but again cant now.
Seriously Microsoft are a bunch of dumb pricks.
Ban 1 million ppl and lose money.....hmmm makes no sence to me.
1 million x $20 (average spend per month) = $20 million....sorry thats what you lose Microsoft.
Plus a workaround will be out soon
rofl2.gif

domislong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It is much more complicated than this. Microsoft will no doubt receive a large amount of money from customers who are eager to use Xbox Live.

I would have thought the 'purpose' of banning people is quite obvious. They need to please the legitimate customers, stakeholders and developers by showing that piracy is not acceptable, and in the meantime gain from increased console sales around holiday time.

Where did you pull $20 from? And what is this workaround that you speak of?

There is not, nor will there ever be, a way to un-ban a console and allow it to access XBL without disabling this function from another.

shanefromoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
$20 average spend if ppl buy games etc etc from live.
There will be a work around just wait and see
cool.gif
Plus what about the cost to get on live in the first place....its not free....$80 for 12 months.
Losing money does not impress stake holders.
Maybe the Microsoft boss is Irish.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Whilst M$ does have a base in Ireland, their main HQ is obviously in America. EDIT: Ignore this line, I misread the above comment.

It would be interesting if some clever people somewhere could make their own private "LIVE"-ish servers and have everybody using that for their online gaming (servers where you can't get banned). That would probably work for the millions of banned consoles out there too.

Then again, aside from the fact that such a server would be completely illegal, it would most likely only be available to homebrew-capable Xboxes (ones that can actually change where they're looking for the servers).

VPN System Link still works fine though...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...