Homebrew Cant Install Ninjhax 1 Today For Some Reason

D

Deleted User

I think Ninjhax1 uses outdated payloads (hax2.0) so try to install ninjhax2 and then use save manager to change to ninjhax1

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Perhaps, because it is doing the exact same thing in minipasta as well.

Here is what I am doing exactly.

Turn on 3ds. Load CubicNinja. Load Homebrew channel. Run cfw (PASTA CFW for ninjhax 2 or, now, minipasta). That loads 3ds menu. Load CubicNinja. Load Homebrew channel. Run FBInstaller. It changes a couple colors then freezes on yellow.

Perhaps I just need a newer version of FBInstaller... where could I find that? (I'm not sure what version of FBI I have. I cannot find the version # in it on my other 3DS which works...)

ETA: I just found the FBI thread (I coulden't find it a minute ago because I was literally searching for FBIinstaller instead of FBI and I getting no results...) I'll make sure I have the newest version.
Just tested the latest FBI on 2.5 and it works fine.

Remember, you have to run things in a certain order for FBI to work:
hax 2.5 -> minipasta -> hax 2.5 -> FBI.3dsx -> import FBI.cia (to sdmc - default option)

I think Ninjhax1 uses outdated payloads (hax2.0) so try to install ninjhax2 and then use save manager to change to ninjhax1
wat the hell ...
with advice like that I can see why you want to be anon XD

Last edited by zoogie,

smallmedicap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps I just need a newer version of FBInstaller...

Well crap. I downloaded the newest version of FBInstaller (I was on an older version). I thought that would for sure fix my problem. Nope. It still freezes on yellow after I run FBI.

I'm out of ideas. How do I clear browser cache? (I loaded Internet Browser, did the initial setup, then hit wrench and deleted history and cookies. Is that what you meant? Still freezes on yellow.)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just tested the latest FBI on 2.5 and it works fine.

Remember, you have to run things in a certain order for FBI to work:
hax 2.5 -> minipasta -> hax 2.5 -> FBI.3dsx -> import FBI.cia (to sdmc - default option)

I believe I am doing it in that order.

I turn on 3DS. Load Cubic Ninja. Load hax 2.5 (homebrew loads). Load minipasta (3DS menu loads). Load Cubic Ninja. Load hax 2.5 (homebrew loads). Load FBI (FBI.3dsx)... freezes on yellow.

Just in case it matters... I'm on 9.2.0-10U

Last edited by smallmedicap,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Well crap. I downloaded the newest version of FBInstaller (I was on an older version). I thought that would for sure fix my problem. Nope. It still freezes on yellow after I run FBI.

I'm out of ideas. How do I clear browser cache? (I loaded Internet Browser, did the initial setup, then hit wrench and deleted history and cookies. Is that what you meant? Still freezes on yellow.)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I believe I am doing it in that order.

I turn on 3DS. Load Cubic Ninja. Load hax 2.5 (homebrew loads). Load minipasta (3DS menu loads). Load Cubic Ninja. Load hax 2.5 (homebrew loads). Load FBI (FBI.3dsx)... freezes on yellow.
I get about a 75% boot rate with hax 2.5 (i honestly like 2.1 better). I'm using menuhax though, so you might want to give that at try.
https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax/releases

Last edited by zoogie,

smallmedicap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My homebrew channel (Ninjhax 2.5) seems to work fine. (Though I would like to try 2.1, where can I find that?)

Minipasta also seems to be working...

Perhaps I just need an alternative to FBInstaller?

Also, on my other 3DS, on Ninjhax 1, FBInstaller loads fine the first time I run homebrew channel (Ninjhax 1)... without even loading Pasta first. I've never actually tried installing CIAs like that, without loading Pasta first, but I know it loads itself fine. And it loads pretty much instantly as well.

But now, on 2.5, I can't even get it to load, FBInstaller just makes the bottom screen goes Red > Green > Yellow, then freezes on yellow.

ETA: Thank you for all of the help zoogie, I have to go to sleep. I will try and figure this out tomorrow.

smallmedicap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for all of the help zoogie, I have to go to sleep. I will try and figure this out tomorrow.

Well tomorrow didn't happen (and the next day :)) but I finally have some free time again.

I'm going to start by trying to factory reset the 3DS, and reformat the SD card, and do a new download on all 3 (ninjhax, minipasta, fbi installer).

If I do all that and FBI ends up freezing on yellow as soon as I try to load it, I will probably post here the exact info, steps, and version numbers of everything I'm using to try and figure this out. (Also, in the meantime, could someone suggest an alternative to FBI installer since that is where my problem has ended up?)

smallmedicap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I started everything from scratch... FBI still freezes on yellow when I try to run it.

I am using a 3DS XL (that I used to have Ninjhax 1 on a month ago, everything worked fine (pasta, fbi, etc).)

It is now on version 9.2.0-10U

I am using Ninhax 2.5 from this link

I am using minipasta from the second post at this link

I am using the newest FBI Installer from this link

Homebrew Channel is loading fine so I am pretty sure I am doing everything correctly up until that point. FBI Installer freezes on yellow screen as soon as I try to load it (FBInstaller just makes the bottom screen goe Red > Green > Yellow, then freezes on yellow).

So...

#1: Does anyone know why FBI Installer would be freezing on load (surely I am not the first person with this yellow screen freeze)

#2: Or, even easier, is there an alternative way to install CIAs? (For instance, is there a homebrew channel version (3dsx/smdh) version of Big Blue? all I can find is the rom/cia version.)

D

Deleted User

OK I started everything from scratch... FBI still freezes on yellow when I try to run it.

I am using a 3DS XL (that I used to have Ninjhax 1 on a month ago, everything worked fine (pasta, fbi, etc).)

It is now on version 9.2.0-10U

I am using Ninhax 2.5 from this link

I am using minipasta from the second post at this link

I am using the newest FBI Installer from this link

Homebrew Channel is loading fine so I am pretty sure I am doing everything correctly up until that point. FBI Installer freezes on yellow screen as soon as I try to load it (FBInstaller just makes the bottom screen goe Red > Green > Yellow, then freezes on yellow).

So...

#1: Does anyone know why FBI Installer would be freezing on load (surely I am not the first person with this yellow screen freeze)

#2: Or, even easier, is there an alternative way to install CIAs? (For instance, is there a homebrew channel version (3dsx/smdh) version of Big Blue? all I can find is the rom/cia version.)
FBI Installer doesn't work on Ninjhax 2.5

smallmedicap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FBI Installer doesn't work on Ninjhax 2.5

Well that sucks. Thank you very much for the information though. That explains my problem. :)

(I guess I got some bad info back on page 1 :():

Basically everything has been ported to 2.x by now. Just download the latest version of all your homebrew.

OK so 2.X does absolutely everything that 1 did? Like running Pasta to install and run unsigned cias, etc?

(Just messing with you GBAFail... I don't expect anyone to know the compatibility status of every app.)

Okay, so can someone please tell me where I can find the Ninjhax 2.1 boot.3dsx... that should solve my FBI Installer not working problem!

ETA: OK so I found what I am assuming is Ninjhax 2.0 boot.3dsx in the second post of this thread. (In a later post in that thread someone says it is 2.0.)

But when I replace that one with the one in the root of my sd card, and then run homebrew channel, it still says 2.5 beta and FBI installer still does not load (freezes on yellow still). So I assumed that means I need to reinstall. So I deleted the save on Cubic Ninja and tried to use the QR codes from the 2.5 page, but that just gives me an error with this 2.0 boot.3dsx... So I wonder if I need to find the QR codes from 2.0 somehow?

smallmedicap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone please confirm if there is a CIA installer (homebrew channel version only please (3dsx/smdh)) that works in any 2.X version of Ninjhax Homebrew Channel.

smallmedicap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how do people on Ninjhax 2 install their first CIA? (Anything but RXtools please, I spent all day yesterday trying to get RXtools to work, all failure.... Ninjhax 1 is soooo much easier than this simply because FBI works on Homebrew channel on Ninjhax 1)

smallmedicap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, if someone could please answer this question I won't have a problem.

In the releases page for FBI he says "Add[ed] support for Ninjhax 2.0 on versions <= 9.2."

So could someone please tell me where to get the Ninjhax 2.0 boot.3dsx AND the QR code to activate it for 9.2.0-10U?

(I'm fairly sure I found the 2.0 boot.3dsx earlier but when I use the current QR codes from the current Ninjhax 2 page I just get the 2.5beta payload...)

ETA:

Also, if anyone is wondering why my RXTools installs on this 3DS failed yesterday... I tried 3 times, from scratch. Every single time RXTools installs fine... but then when I go to inject FBI ("Install FBI") it says this:

Opening SecureInfo_A...
Failed!
Opening SecureInfo_B...
Failed!

I tried googling that... no help.

(Side note, is there a way I can change the title to this thread so that it is on the current status?)

smallmedicap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I decided to try a few emulators since I have homebrew channel working fine... (while I wait for someone to hopefully know what my last couple of posts mean!)

Guess what?

I get the exact same error with every single emu I try as I get with the FBI 3dsx. It goes red/green/yellow and freezes on yellow. (I tried several retroarch and the standalone game boy.)

Weird because other homebrew channel programs work fine. Just FBI and emulators do this... What the hell is wrong with this 3DS!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*