Hacking Homebrew Green screen when launching SafeB9SInstaller

emimimi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am using 3DS.hacks.guide to homebrew my 3ds, it is very old (version 11.6) but I can't link the page because my account is new :( I am using the ssloth-browser tutorial.

When I get to section III (Launching SafeB9SInstaller) I followed all the steps scanned the QR code ect ect but it freezes on a green screen when I try and launch SafeB9SInstaller. How can I fix this? is it because my files are in the wrong place or something? Also is it safe to just power it off/take out the SD while it is frozen on the green screen?

Last edited by emimimi,

emimimi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but the guide states that the green screen is caused by a missing or wrongly placed/missing boot.nds file.
Where is the boot.nds file? The tutorial only mentions a boot.3dsx file. I didnt think you would need an nds file with a 3ds.

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quoted straight from the troubleshooting guide:

Browser based exploits (such as this one) are often unstable and crash frequently, but they can sometimes be fixed by doing the following steps.

1. Launch the browser, then launch the browser settings
  2. Scroll to the bottom and select “Reset Save Data” (it may also be called “Initialize Save Data” or “Clear All Save Data”)
  3. Try the exploit again
Also, that guy who said it was due to a missing boot.nds was thinking about DSiWareHax, NOT SSloth-browser.

emimimi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quoted straight from the troubleshooting guide:

Browser based exploits (such as this one) are often unstable and crash frequently, but they can sometimes be fixed by doing the following steps.

1. Launch the browser, then launch the browser settings
  2. Scroll to the bottom and select “Reset Save Data” (it may also be called “Initialize Save Data” or “Clear All Save Data”)
  3. Try the exploit again
Also, that guy who said it was due to a missing boot.nds was thinking about DSiWareHax, NOT SSloth-browser.
I tried again and it worked?? Weird how it didn't work the first time, thanks for the help though!

Reactions: ILuvGames

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I never suggested that the reply I made was the solution for the OP. That page just lists some issues that could arise wth SafeB9sInstaller in general and specifically to it's use in certain exploits.

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never suggested that the reply I made was the solution for the OP. That page just lists some issues that could arise wth SafeB9sInstaller in general and specifically to it's use in certain exploits.
I wouldn't recommend looking for the problem in other parts, and if there's a problem not listed, use the closest bet, don't just use Ctrl+F

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1