ninjhax and sky3ds+

TylerD007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I have a not modded Old 3ds XL (firmware version 8-Europe) and a sky3ds+ flashcard. I've read somewhere that it is possible to install ninjhax 2.0 and run it from the sky3ds flashcard using a Cubic Ninja ROM, without modding the 3ds. The major problem is that the ninjhax website covers the exploit installation only for firmware versions between 9 and 11, while mine, as I said, is firmware 8. However, I found on a reddit post a tutorial on how installing ninjax 1.0 with firmware version 8 (since I do not have the proper rank in this forum, I cannot post the link). As far as I understood, Ninjhax 1.0 does not allow region free gaming, so it is not useful for what I want. Then I wondered if it would be possible to install ninjhax 2.0 with the QR codes for version 8 or (maybe) version 9 or something. My questions are: 1) is it possible to install ninjhax 2.0 with firmware 8 on my sd card using the QR codes for the old ninjhax 1.0, or does it have any chance of bricking my 3ds? 2) after installing ninjhax (if I manage to do it), does the 3ds still boot normally with a sd card, in which ninjhax is not installed (for example, a backup of the original sd card), or is it permanently dependent on the sd card with ninjhax?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Be prepared for some mean replies regarding not wanting to install custom firmware. Some people get triggered by "Sky3DS+" and "I do not want to install CFW".

It should be possible to start the Homebrew Launcher with Soundhax + Otherapp payload for your version. Much easier than QR codes for Ninjahax.

I've no experience with region free from userland homebrew, but it should be possible on lower firmware. Neither Soundhax nor Ninjahax do any permanent modification on their own.
=====

That said, it is still easier and more stable to just install B9S and have Luma3DS take care of removing limitations.

Reactions: Hayato213

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi guys. I have a not modded Old 3ds XL (firmware version 8-Europe) and a sky3ds+ flashcard. I've read somewhere that it is possible to install ninjhax 2.0 and run it from the sky3ds flashcard using a Cubic Ninja ROM, without modding the 3ds. The major problem is that the ninjhax website covers the exploit installation only for firmware versions between 9 and 11, while mine, as I said, is firmware 8. However, I found on a reddit post a tutorial on how installing ninjax 1.0 with firmware version 8 (since I do not have the proper rank in this forum, I cannot post the link). As far as I understood, Ninjhax 1.0 does not allow region free gaming, so it is not useful for what I want. Then I wondered if it would be possible to install ninjhax 2.0 with the QR codes for version 8 or (maybe) version 9 or something. My questions are: 1) is it possible to install ninjhax 2.0 with firmware 8 on my sd card using the QR codes for the old ninjhax 1.0, or does it have any chance of bricking my 3ds? 2) after installing ninjhax (if I manage to do it), does the 3ds still boot normally with a sd card, in which ninjhax is not installed (for example, a backup of the original sd card), or is it permanently dependent on the sd card with ninjhax?
Sky3DS is more trouble than it's worth. You can't play eShop games or DLC, you can't easily play online (and you might get banned if you use public headers to play online)
And to use region free you kind of have to blindly cycle through the games to get to the one you want.
Really, just hack the 3DS, CFW is far better.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I have a legacy ninjhax page setup for v1 here: http://nhax.gq/

Still, there's no disadvantage whatsoever in updating to the latest firm, 11.15, and running ninjhax there.
https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/
You don't have to avoid the eshop and half of the 3ds's cart library that way, not to mention there's home menu themes, region free, etc.

Answers:
1) No.
2) Yes.

I'll spare you the "just get cfw" speech also since you don't seem to be ready and willing for that yet, even though it is better than userland homebrew (ninjhax).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded