can't install cIOS on 3.3k system to run USB Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by markh_dinh, Jul 2, 2009.

1. markh_dinh
    OP

Newcomer markh_dinh Newbie

United States
    I have a US system with a wiikey2 installed. I want to install USB Loader in order to load games off an external hard drive.

I have already spent hours on this forum and others educating myself but I have yet to find a solution so I seek for some assistance. Thanks in advance.

First off, I believe I have what is called a "semi-bricked" system since I can't go to the wii's settings. I get the Opera help screen. I have managed to install the HBC, USB Load, and run some home brew apps like the Custom Wad Manager, ..... USB Load is currently not working and I believe it's because I haven't been able to install the cIOS (cIOS38r13). Part of the problem is that I can't access the internet. I tried installing it via the IOS38-64-v3610.wad but it returned with "Install Error! (ret = -2011) ". I have searched long and hard but haven't found a solution to this problem.

Please help

2. sirakain

Newcomer sirakain Advanced Member

France
    You need Trucha in order to install the cIOS (I think)
    Run IOS Downgrader by Waninkoko

3. markh_dinh
    OP

United States
    Ok, just read up on Trucha. This is a utility to alter a Wii's ISO. Sorry but I am clueless as to how this will help nor what is it that I need to do. As for ISO downgrader, it doesn't seem do anything when I ran it. It just exited.

4. HiBit

Member HiBit GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    IOS is not the same as ISO, and the trucha signer is not the same like the trucha bug. [​IMG]

Please check the blog from waninkoko, there you finde the IOS downgrader.

5. markh_dinh
    OP

United States

Ok, so Trucha is not what I need. I did run the IOS downgrader but it didn't do anything (it just exited) and I still can't install the cIOS. Is there more to the IOS downgrader that I will find in the blog?
    thanks for responding.