Hacking can't install cIOS on 3.3k system to run USB Loader

markh_dinh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a US system with a wiikey2 installed. I want to install USB Loader in order to load games off an external hard drive.

I have already spent hours on this forum and others educating myself but I have yet to find a solution so I seek for some assistance. Thanks in advance.

First off, I believe I have what is called a "semi-bricked" system since I can't go to the wii's settings. I get the Opera help screen. I have managed to install the HBC, USB Load, and run some home brew apps like the Custom Wad Manager, ..... USB Load is currently not working and I believe it's because I haven't been able to install the cIOS (cIOS38r13). Part of the problem is that I can't access the internet. I tried installing it via the IOS38-64-v3610.wad but it returned with "Install Error! (ret = -2011) ". I have searched long and hard but haven't found a solution to this problem.

Please help

markh_dinh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, just read up on Trucha. This is a utility to alter a Wii's ISO. Sorry but I am clueless as to how this will help nor what is it that I need to do. As for ISO downgrader, it doesn't seem do anything when I ran it. It just exited.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
markh_dinh said:
This is a utility to alter a Wii's ISO.
IOS is not the same as ISO, and the trucha signer is not the same like the trucha bug.
wink.gif

Please check the blog from waninkoko, there you finde the IOS downgrader.

markh_dinh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HiBit said:
markh_dinh said:
This is a utility to alter a Wii's ISO.
IOS is not the same as ISO, and the trucha signer is not the same like the trucha bug.
wink.gif

Please check the blog from waninkoko, there you finde the IOS downgrader.

Ok, so Trucha is not what I need. I did run the IOS downgrader but it didn't do anything (it just exited) and I still can't install the cIOS. Is there more to the IOS downgrader that I will find in the blog?
thanks for responding.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays