Can I expect 1:1 GBA emulation with the v90?

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I had to sell my GBA SP like ten years ago, and what a mistake. So anyways, recently I've gotten into retro handhelds. I've gotten both the Anbernic rg35xx and rg351p(both are for different systems), and I love them. Each has there ton of pros and very little cons.

But my finger keeps hovering the Buy Now button on AliExpress for the powkiddy v90(which is under $30 for the black one). I know it has its quirky cons, like having to shut the device down twice through the software before you hit the off button or you're sd card will corrupt. Or something along those lines.

So anyways, that clamshell is calling my name. For that money, can I expect flawless nes and GBA emulation, asking with Genesis? I know I'm not gonna get flawless SNES, and that's fine. I'm buying it for NES, Genesis, and GBA emu. Can I expect flawless for those three?

Thanks for reading and thanks for any info.

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn... Thought I'd get at least one post telling to me fo.

I'm just gonna go ahead and order it. It's less than $30. Can't really go wrong I guess

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I had to sell my GBA SP like ten years ago, and what a mistake. So anyways, recently I've gotten into retro handhelds. I've gotten both the Anbernic rg35xx and rg351p(both are for different systems), and I love them. Each has there ton of pros and very little cons.

But my finger keeps hovering the Buy Now button on AliExpress for the powkiddy v90(which is under $30 for the black one). I know it has its quirky cons, like having to shut the device down twice through the software before you hit the off button or you're sd card will corrupt. Or something along those lines.

So anyways, that clamshell is calling my name. For that money, can I expect flawless nes and GBA emulation, asking with Genesis? I know I'm not gonna get flawless SNES, and that's fine. I'm buying it for NES, Genesis, and GBA emu. Can I expect flawless for those three?

Thanks for reading and thanks for any info.
Probably not, it's not a very powerful device, and flawless emulation increases the requirements a lot.
Note that the Powkiddy devices have crap D-pads.

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Thank you for coming in with some input. I appreciate it.

Edit: maybe I'll just save my money and put it towards the new retroid pocket 2s.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto