Hacking Can anyone confirm if new Wii U update effects homebrew in vWii?

Intentional

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, a Wii controller is required, which really sucks. Playing GBA games on the GamePad with VBA looks fantastic, but it would sure be nice if the controls worked.

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, a Wii controller is required, which really sucks. Playing GBA games on the GamePad with VBA looks fantastic, but it would sure be nice if the controls worked.

I have to believe they will add gamepad controller support in the next update as it just makes sense.....Maybe the homebrew scene can somehow hack the vWii mode to do it but I sort of doubt it as I think the vWii emulator will have to be changed at the WiiU level to allow the vWii mode to read the gamepad inputs

visualise-this

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Everything is working fine, except that when you run homebrew channel it runs on 4:3

Although, running usb loader gx from a forwarder will get it in 16:9. Cant run a backup since dont have any installed

Pd: TLoZ Skyward Sword and SSBB look gorgeous, beautiful and awesome in that small screen

How do I get Usb Loader GX running from a forwarder?

Drcreek

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.david-marsden.com
XP
Country
I would have to guess that unless they are doing some crazy business with running the video on the other two cores while the Wii runs on one other. Which sounds crazy to me. They would have to be running all of the Wii U pad video through the separate ARM chip to get it to work.

Which means if so, unless the Wii U software is modded you wont be able to use the Wii U pad to control games.

Unless Nintendo are already sending the signals and that the vWii is currently just ignoring the input. In which maybe it could be forced to listen?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to upgrade the homebrew channel so that it displays in 16:9 like the usb loader channel does?

You'll need to wait for the HBC/hackmii team to release an update, in the mean time, forwarders are the only way to bypass it (temporary solution). Installed one for RetroArch, runs like a charm. You can find them here. At last, emulators on the game pad! :P

http://gbatemp.net/threads/forwarders-are-back.340226/

JumpMan3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone know where I can find a forwarder for devolution?

gamecube games have black bars instead of being stretched when launched via homebrew channel.

I guess this has something to do with Nintendo patching in forced 4:3 for VC vWii games that's effecting the homebrew channel.

alcab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Use USB Loader GX Forwarder and then access your apps through the Homebrew booter included in the loader.

Problem is IOS58 has been altered, so all hombrew booting through this IOS gets the 4:3 treatment. Forwarders usually use other IOS's to boot, and that's the reason they bypass this issue. HBC, on the other hand, uses IOS58 to boot. I think it is going to be an easy issue to solve.

BR.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's just Nintendo being dumb.

But you can turn the Wii U off if it's not already, hold B on the gamepad while turning it on and it'll just launch right into Wii mode. Granted I haven't tried that since before the update, does that still work?

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would have to guess that unless they are doing some crazy business with running the video on the other two cores while the Wii runs on one other. Which sounds crazy to me. They would have to be running all of the Wii U pad video through the separate ARM chip to get it to work.

Which means if so, unless the Wii U software is modded you wont be able to use the Wii U pad to control games.

Unless Nintendo are already sending the signals and that the vWii is currently just ignoring the input. In which maybe it could be forced to listen?

yeah if you push buttons on the pad in vWii mode, it sends a messages sayings the controls aren't available, so they do work, they just don't do anything yet.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking at the Wiimpersonator report, it looks like only three channels changed: the system menu, HCUE (the wii menu manual), and IOS59 (which is sort of interesting). Not sure what the changes to the sysmenu are (could potentially affect homebrew), but other than that you should be safe. This wasn't a major "bug gets fixed in every IOS" sort of patch.
A person sent me a PM montthssssss ago saying an IOS was the key to hacking it all. I WANT to say IOS59 may have been it. I shared what I was told with others but apparently this was not followed up on (had no reply as to if there was anything useful there or not). Your post reminded me of that when you pointed out an IOS was changed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I use AKG K7XX headphones for daily use, but Meze 99 Classics when I want to *enjoy* the music
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I mean built in sound on mobo's has gotten way better but still XP handled sound better and X-Fi was still better than onboard audio even to this day
    Hell not sure what was going on but for like a few weeks MP3's sounded muffled, some driver or Windows update fixed it. Thank god lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Oh boy Massdrop has $1100 IEMs. Want, but not at that price lmao. https://drop.com/buy/campfire-audio-andromeda-emerald-sea-iem
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'd sooner buy the Meze 109 Pro if I was dropping that much on headphones. I don't even like buds/IEMs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I got the Google Pixel Pro buds, they're good enough for when I need portable audio. And some really cheap IEMs that Dankpods recommends, I think the KZ ZSN Pro
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stick with cheapo Chinese $10 ones quality is actually becoming on pair with name brand since name Brand usually quads the price up anyway loose one bud that's another $200
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    My Pixel Pro buds shit the bed a month or two ago. My wireless charger (which they do support Qi charging) absolutely COOKED them. Caused some problem that caused the case to heat up to 180F+
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    They were like 9 months out of warranty but I hit up Google support anyway and told them how hot they were getting and they replaced them with new ones because they wanted these for failure analysis lol
    lol wireless charging
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why I can't bring myself to even spend $100 on wireless earbuds
    I think it's a cool idea but damn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Apparently the case has a problem with >15W wireless chargers. Google design fault, that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could live with wireless charging if the damn standard case doesn't block connection
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    how is wireless charging possible?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dbz said everyone has raging energy senses
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    you mean generally, how does the concept work?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Copper conducting electricity or something
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, power through a coil of wire causes an electromagnetic field to be generated. Another coil of wire can be set up to harness the power from that electromagnetic field and turn it into usable energy for charging a device
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Two good videos from ElectroBOOM that touch on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQwGjhwPEik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YwkAWg0_g
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Wow I can't believe I've been watching ElectroBOOM for that long. I remember when that first video came out lol
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Wow I can't believe I've been watching ElectroBOOM for that long. I remember when that first...