Can anyone answer this for me? Paypal problem

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right, I got 300$ in my Paypal, then i was charged back. I won the chargeback and spent the money. Then this person threatened me with another chrageback so I closed my paypal account.

Can he chargeback me when my account is closed? and if so what can happen? I havent got the money to give to him :/

plasma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i sold my accounts on a game called RotMG. He scammed me by chargebacking me. I won the dispute but he is threatening to open another. So nothing will happen?

plasma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i sold my accounts on a game called RotMG. He scammed me by chargebacking me. I won the dispute but he is threatening to open another. So nothing will happen?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1: Closing your account makes you seem -really- suspicious, and paypal of course still has your info, assuming your account was verified.
2: A person can't open a dispute on a charge more than once. If he disputed it and lost, he can't do it again. He can threaten all he wants, he can't do anything.
3: Anything involving digital media, especially MMO related shit is completely insecure. Paypal auto-denies cases pretty much. There have been HUGE issues people have had (myself included) where paypal will essentially just tell you to fuck off and talk to the other party yourself while they wipe their ass with your free money. /rant aside, basically what i'm saying is, the guy is completely screwed, paypal doesn't care.

plasma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1: Closing your account makes you seem -really- suspicious, and paypal of course still has your info, assuming your account was verified.
2: A person can't open a dispute on a charge more than once. If he disputed it and lost, he can't do it again. He can threaten all he wants, he can't do anything.
3: Anything involving digital media, especially MMO related shit is completely insecure. Paypal auto-denies cases pretty much. There have been HUGE issues people have had (myself included) where paypal will essentially just tell you to fuck off and talk to the other party yourself while they wipe their ass with your free money. /rant aside, basically what i'm saying is, the guy is completely screwed, paypal doesn't care.

Thank you! I found that he cant reopen a closed claim, but i closed my account in fright. I do have a spare account however. Thanks for re-assuring me man!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: my room is absolutely clean and a have an AC Conditioner