Anybody buying an Analogue Pocket Limited Ed. tomorrow (11/17)? or at least trying?

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They usually sell out in minutes but if you're there ready to click you'll probably get one. This time it's a series of solid color limited editions in colors that Gameboy Pocket and GBA's were made in.

oil.JPG

The one on the far left is silver, not white. $249 plus shipping, it happens at 8am Pacific tomorrow morning, 11/17/23.

I was pretty sure I was going to buy one of these if you asked me 6 months ago, but I still missed the transparent color series they sold in August. Got the notification for this batch, thought about it again, and decided to give it a pass. It would definitely be a nice piece of kit to have, but realistically most of my time on it would be SNES and GBA, and I've already got umpteen ways to play those consoles including the originals, a Super NT, Gameboy Player, 3DS, and virtual console on several modded consoles. For that much money, I don't need this. But I'll still be super jelly of anyone who buys the green one tomorrow. Or the yellow.

Good luck for anyone who's committed to make the attempt.

Reactions: Scarlet

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I managed to get a transparent red one without any issues back when they went up. It depends a lot on the colour you want, I think the red ones were in stock for like 15 to 20 mins?

I’d recommend adding any accessories you want to your basket ahead of time, and be prepared for a weird puzzle thing where you have to circle things. With luck you’ll get one.

I do really love the look of the orange one here, but getting another when my transparent red one is faulty seems like a bad idea lol. I must assume they’ve had a lot of issues with their customer service email taking three weeks between replies, so fair warn there if something does go wrong with your order.

Reactions: Hanafuda

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my transparent red one is faulty

faulty how?

Portable consoles with shoulder triggers always end up developing problems ... I mostly use an old 3DS XL for GBA, but the Gameboy Player on my Gamecube is the one I figure will still be going strong well after I'm dust.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
faulty how?

Portable consoles with shoulder triggers always end up developing problems ... I mostly use an old 3DS XL for GBA, but the Gameboy Player on my Gamecube is the one I figure will still be going strong well after I'm dust.
Well it doesn’t play cartridges and the OpenFPGA cores all break randomly lol, so it’s pretty much a complete dud. The cartridges work fine on real hardware, the clone K101 console I have, and on the GBA Consolizer I have on hand, so there must be something seriously wrong with the Pocket.

Really hoping it can be sorted though, direly been wanting a great system to play GBC on and this seems to be it.

• Sad

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it doesn’t play cartridges and the OpenFPGA cores all break randomly lol, so it’s pretty much a complete dud. The cartridges work fine on real hardware, the clone K101 console I have, and on the GBA Consolizer I have on hand, so there must be something seriously wrong with the Pocket.

Really hoping it can be sorted though, direly been wanting a great system to play GBC on and this seems to be it.

So basically unreliable for everything it was made to do, and everything it unofficially was also made to do. That sucks. I don't know what your experience has been with trying to get them to make things right, but I hope it works out.

I don't guess it's any consolation but you did make me feel better about giving it a pass. Your situation really surprises me because I've been completely satisfied with the Super NT. Different product though, a lot less complex in that it only runs one core.

Reactions: Scarlet

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So basically unreliable for everything it was made to do, and everything it unofficially was also made to do. That sucks. I don't know what your experience has been with trying to get them to make things right, but I hope it works out.

I don't guess it's any consolation but you did make me feel better about giving it a pass. Your situation really surprises me because I've been completely satisfied with the Super NT. Different product though, a lot less complex in that it only runs one core.
I’ve seen pretty good things from other people so I guess I did just get unlucky. It does happen. If I end up with a working unit in the end I’ll be happy, even if I wish I already had one lol

Reactions: KiiWii and Hanafuda

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised there wasn't any response to this besides you, @Scarlet. They are on sale right now, about 55 minutes in and blue, indiglo, red, and silver are sold out. Must .. resist ... urge ... :P

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm surprised there wasn't any response to this besides you, @Scarlet. They are on sale right now, about 55 minutes in and blue, indiglo, red, and silver are sold out. Must .. resist ... urge ... :P
Oh wow! They seem to be doing decently with stock there. The orange one looks so niceeeeeeeeee.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That would match my Gamecube. Shut up lol.
Honestly despite what I said above, I probably would've got the orange one if I had the money. Would probably get a working unit to me faster than Analogue replying to my emails to fix this one lol

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly despite what I said above, I probably would've got the orange one if I had the money. Would probably get a working unit to me faster than Analogue replying to my emails to fix this one lol

I'm holding out for the Analogue 3D (FPGA N64), or else having my wife and daughter buy me some stuff in Japan next Summer. (It's just the two of them going this time.) About half of my retro collection is JPN consoles bought in Akihabara and DenDenTown.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm holding out for the Analogue 3D (FPGA N64), or else having my wife and daughter buy me some stuff in Japan next Summer. (It's just the two of them going this time.) About half of my retro collection is JPN consoles bought in Akihabara and DenDenTown.
I think I like the idea of the Analogue 3D more than I actually want one... Probably just because I don't have many N64 carts mind. I did read they apparently won't be supporting OpenFPGA on it though, which is an odd choice after the Pocket. Here's hoping it manages to be decent either way for those who have been waiting for it.

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I like the idea of the Analogue 3D more than I actually want one... Probably just because I don't have many N64 carts mind. I did read they apparently won't be supporting OpenFPGA on it though, which is an odd choice after the Pocket. Here's hoping it manages to be decent either way for those who have been waiting for it.

I have a couple N64's and an ED64 cart, plus a collection of real carts. I'm basically waiting to see what they can do with it as far as graphics/display goes, cuz 4k or not N64 is kind of a mess. It was intentional to get the best look on CRT's, but that doesn't translate well to modern TV's. Running my N64 through the Framemeister at 720p, I have to wonder "are they really gonna make it look that much better than this?"

Last edited by Hanafuda,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto