Analogue will have limited restocks of their Nt Mini Noir and Super Nt systems tomorrow

hero-landscape.jpg

Those still waiting around hoping to get their hands on one of Analogue's FPGA consoles will have the chance to make an attempt at buying two different models, tomorrow. Analogue is restocking both the Mt Mini Noir, which plays NES, Famicom, and Famicom Disk System games, as well as the Super Nt--their take on the Super Nintendo. This will be the final call for the Nt Mini Noir, as there are no plans to make more units in the near future. They'll be available to order on April 9th, at 8am PDT.

:arrow: Source

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
There is obviously a market for these things.. I just personally don't get it.
I understand why you dont understand :P I can tell my reasons, as I have one Super NT, I dont love it but I need it and that's why:

Framemeister: is fine for RPGs, but the latency is really perceptible.

OSSC for SNES: is amazing when it works, I have 4 displays and it only works properly on one of them. For any console I have it works on everything, but SNES is really an Achilles' heel for OSSC.

MiSTer FPGA: I don't have it, but If I could go back in time I would try this instead of the Super NT. It has the disadvantage of not playing out OG cartridge, but at this point who cares?

Higan on PC: Amazing solution, do require a PC tho.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the price would be fair if this had an i5 cpu with a GTX gpu... otherwise, 100% not worth it.
FPGAs are pretty expensive, and the MiSTer is built off a subsidized devboard, but yeah these things are kind of silly. I'm still confused by their stance on disallowing non-cart games out of the box. Apparently one of their own engineers is the one releasing the "jailbroken" firmwares "unofficially" so maybe they're doing this for legal reasons ala HDfury?

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate that they not only charge audacious amounts, but they also create these artificial shortages. They're doing more of a disservice than a service tbh.
There is a worldwide microchip shortage going on right now, not their fault. Also the tech that goes into these systems are super expensive.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
There is obviously a market for these things.. I just personally don't get it.
Same reason why some people prefer vinyl records over mp4s. People want that authentic nostalgic experience from their past.

Sure it's irrational, but a lot things about how people process art are.

Vila_

Spanish code for Spanisher codecs
Trophies
Website
vilagamer999.github.io
XP
Country
Spain
Same reason why some people prefer vinyl records over mp4s. People want that authentic nostalgic experience from their past.

It is true most people buy vinyl records for the "nostalgia" factor but you are comparing an analogue signal to a (at best) 320kbps 16bit file, once you listen to a lossless file with a good set of headphones it's hard to go back, a bit like when you taste good coffee for the first time...

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand why you dont understand :P I can tell my reasons, as I have one Super NT, I dont love it but I need it and that's why:

Framemeister: is fine for RPGs, but the latency is really perceptible.

OSSC for SNES: is amazing when it works, I have 4 displays and it only works properly on one of them. For any console I have it works on everything, but SNES is really an Achilles' heel for OSSC.

MiSTer FPGA: I don't have it, but If I could go back in time I would try this instead of the Super NT. It has the disadvantage of not playing out OG cartridge, but at this point who cares?

Higan on PC: Amazing solution, do require a PC tho.
The Framemeister has about 0.8 frames of lag. It is not perceptible whatsoever lmao.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I don't think that's it as I also prefer the experience of vinyl just like I love using original consoles. These aren't authentic in terms of nostalgia in my opinion, it's like a modern remake that still uses old games.. which at that point why not just go Mister or full software emulation?

Reactions: zoogie and Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...