Hacking Can a hacked Wii access the WiiWare?

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Well, can it? And can a hacked (or is it called softmodded? are they different?) Wii download WiiWare games and play them successfully?

I'm asking this cuz most probably i'll have my Wii by tomorrow or day after. Know nothing about the Wii hacking xP

EDIT:- And oh, can someone suggest a site that has all the Wii hacking stuff? Like psp has its own psphacks etc.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A hacked Wii can do anything a normal Wii can

edit - There are many sites that have Wii stuff, but this forum has quite a lot of it as well, so why would we send you somewhere else? ...

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Well, you have a point there, but this hacking scene is so complicated, I wanted a detailed guide on the hacking. Well mine is coming hacked, the retailer will unpack it in front of me and hack it. lol.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
SamAsh07 said:
Well, can it? And can a hacked (or is it called softmodded? are they different?) Wii download WiiWare games and play them successfully?

I'm asking this cuz most probably i'll have my Wii by tomorrow or day after. Know nothing about the Wii hacking xP

EDIT:- And oh, can someone suggest a site that has all the Wii hacking stuff? Like psp has its own psphacks etc.
You can find all good Homebrew which doesn't have anything to do with piracy on Wiibrew.org.

All other Stuff (and also the best things from WiiBrew) are here too (besides illegal stuff, like ISOs, etc.).

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Well, you have a point there, but this Wii hacking scene is so complicated, I wanted a detailed guide on the hacking. Well mine is coming hacked, the retailer will unpack it in front of me and hack it. lol.

EDIT: But I'm scared, lol. In PSP, one fault in hacking it and it gets bricked, which then requires you to make a Pandora Battery (wth) and an MMS, what if a Wii gets bricked? First of all, do they get bricked?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
SamAsh07 said:
But I'm scared, lol. In PSP, one fault in hacking it and it gets bricked, which then requires you to make a Pandora Battery (wth) and an MMS, what if a Wii gets bricked? First of all, do they get bricked?
A wii can indeed get bricked, thats why you should be careful with what you do.
But of course, we make our guides to have a minimal risk on bricking. As long as you do whatever the guide says, the chance of bricking is small.

Guide examples: http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-2-below
and http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/

If your wii gets bricked, you can better hope you installed some brick protection tools or you won't be able to do anything at all... (Well, that's not really true, but still)

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Thanks mod xD, the guide example I knew of but not the google one, i'll check out both and will take precaution, (even though I bricked my PSP once due to my own stupidity) I guess this guide will cover most of the questions I haven't asked yet. So onwards to reading.

EDIT: HAVE ONE QUESTION
Since I'm buying a hacked Wii (its not second hand mind you lol), how will I know if trucha bug is installed on it? I know I could ask the retailer of the shop. But asking, just in case..

zeedds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
modding ur wii is a personal thing.read as much as u can here, then decide what u actually want.you can also read here all the things people do that u shouldnt do.and also how to give urself some protection.then mod it urself .

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Buying a modded wii is a mistake because if a game comes out with new protection and you need to update something, you will have no idea how to do it. You could then do something stupid and brick your wii.

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Well, you have a point there, anyways suppose a Wii gets bricked, how could one unbrick it?

Btw, I have a tendency to buy my consoles/handhelds hacked, then when an update arrives, I get on to a site and request for an aid after reading a detailed hacking guide and I'm sure here everyone would help, that's why gbatemp is bookmarked.

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
SamAsh07 said:
EDIT: HAVE ONE QUESTION
Since I'm buying a hacked Wii (its not second hand mind you lol), how will I know if trucha bug is installed on it? I know I could ask the retailer of the shop. But asking, just in case..
if the guy haxxes it, he will probably also enable trucha bug (at least through cIOS) otherwise hes dumb and you are paying too much.

now i gotta look for a cheap wii on marktplaats.

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hmm I guess, well for the past 4 hours I've been researching and reading thorough hacking guides & the system files details for the Nintendo Wii, I guess I have knowledge about it to some extent. xP

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
SamAsh07 said:
Hmm I guess, well for the past 4 hours I've been researching and reading thorough hacking guides & the system files details for the Nintendo Wii, I guess I have knowledge about it to some extent. xP
i have lots of knowledge, lots, but my number of Wiis: zero.

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Drag0nflamez said:
SamAsh07 said:
Nice! If I encounter a problem I can't fix, I'll contact you
yaywii.gif

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
SamAsh07 said:
Drag0nflamez said:
SamAsh07 said:
yaywii.gif
its because i read a lot of hackmii ;-)

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
^ No! Don't hack me! lol, anyways, just phoned the retailer he said your Wii has arrived, I have sent it for the hacking, and ordered your 5 games, will take an hour or so, I'll call when its done. Now I just gotta wait

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Drag0nflamez said:
SamAsh07 said:
Drag0nflamez said:
SamAsh07 said:
yaywii.gif
its because i read a lot of hackmii ;-)
Although I don't know 100% about Wii,I have a fairly good knowledge of it(and like you,I don't have a Wii either
laugh.gif
)

/me hi-fives Drag0nflamez

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/e7BTm5WxMlw?si=YB0d6BWQ9YsaherL