Buckle Up For Super Mario 3D Gyro Camera

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
dg.jpg

While we currently don't have a lot of concrete information on Nintendo's upcoming Super Mario 3D, we are beginning to see bits and pieces of info trickling out as we near this year's E3 show in Los Angeles.
In a recent interview with The Telegraph, Miyamoto explained how the game's camera system would be controlled given the 3DS system's lack of a second analogue stick.

Sometimes people ask why the 3DS isn't double stick. One is normally used to control the camera, but having the gyro sensor you can replace the analogue stick by moving the console, which is very intuitive.

Miyamoto was also quick to point out just how beneficial the system's 3D effect would be when it came to navigating the varying distances between platforms throughout the game.
We'll be taking the game for a spin next month at E3 and we'll give you all of the juicy details about the game and everything it has to offer.[/p]

Source Is With You

D

Deleted-220713

I don't quite understand exactly HOW the gyro sensor could be used to rotate the camera.
unsure.gif

Assax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I hope it will be possible to do with the shoulderbuttons aswell.
Turning around sounds much too overcomplicated just to turn the camera, which I often do in Mario 3D games.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
joshua8 said:
I don't quite understand exactly HOW the gyro sensor could be used to rotate the camera.
unsure.gif

What I don't like is how the camera will be controlled by the gyro sensor just imagine how you are in bed and you move about, the camera will go crazy, I have the same problem with my iPod touch to the point where it is higly fustrating! (you have to keep the dam thing still for it to be functional) If nintendo put this in mario 3d then this will be a complete gamebreaker, give the player more control by controlling the camera manually

D

Deleted-220713

Does this mean that you have to turn your whole body around just to position the camera?
That sounds incredibly inconvenient. Especially since I'm pretty sure most people are gonna play it sitting down...
Also, its it just me, or does that DSi's 3D look better than the 3DS'?

Briadark

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
joshua8 said:
Does this mean that you have to turn your whole body around just to position the camera?
That sounds incredibly inconvenient. Especially since I'm pretty sure most people are gonna play it sitting down...

Yes the legend of zelda ocarina of time 3D have the same option and I have played a demo and it is realy awesome!!!

D

Deleted-220713

DarkBria said:
joshua8 said:

Yes the legend of zelda ocarina of time 3D have the same option and I have played a demo and it is realy awesome!!!

I can understand how it could be awesome, but If you can't turn it off then it's going to make the game near impossible to play if you're sitting down or laying in bed.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Boktor666 does not understand the fuss.

Why whine about the second anologe stick.. just implement the L and R buttons as camera control buttons to rotate, and then (for example) hold L or R, then press X or B to move camera up and downwards

D

Deleted-220713

Zekrom_cool said:
Sounds cool but joshua8's stuff is confusing me.
Yeah, my posts have that effect on people xD

I just mean having to move the 3DS to rotate a camera might be uncomfortable in some situations.
as long as you have the option to use the shoulder buttons instead, it's all good.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Moving the 3DS system + the 3D effect do not work well together. You'll notice when you play faceraiders that you lose the 3D effect constantly and it doesn't look that good. Another example is Super Monkey Ball 3D - you'll lose the 3D effect when tilting the system to roll the ball.

But lets see what e3 offers, maybe Miyamoto has come up with a clever camera system which doesn't lead to odd angles that make you lose the 3D effect.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
That was an answer to a question about a second analog, it wasn't related to Super Mario.

It doesn't mean much.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess is that this will be similar to what The Legend of Zelda OoT is going to do: It will only use the gyro in certain parts (like aiming the Slingshot), and that it can be turned off altogether.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
probably this video (for the DSi) will give u the best idea... i remember seeing it quite some time ago
[youtube]dUC5JJCxx5k[/youtube]

The 3d view will probably be the biggest innovation for the game.
I don't see how that would work, considering the 3DS's limited viewing angles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8