ROM Hack Project [WIP] Mario Kart Nitro Revolution

rocoloco321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello Gamers a new Nitro Revolution build is out!
Changelog:
+Added N64 Bowser Castle by SuperGameCube
+Added N64 DK's Jungle Parkway by SuperGamecube
+New place numbers+Added preliminar icons for custom items (Code for them won't be included until it is done)
+Re-added custom music for SNES Ghost Valley 2 and SNES Mario Circuit 3

*Fixed Spirnter tires not showing up sometimes
*Mushrooms on Mushroom Gorge no longer kills all of your momentum
*Mushroom Gorge is now compatible on Download Play
*Updated Mushroom gorge collision
*Updated Moo Moo Meadows
*Updated N64 Mario Raceway
*Removed rain effect on DK Jungle Parkway

You can get it at https://rocoloco321.github.io/ProjectWebPatcher/ or in https://github.com/rocoloco321/Nitro-Revolution-Releases/releases/tag/07-22-23

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Great job! Looks very fun!

Could you please explain what's the diference between the three releases available on the GutHub page?

Namely:
-America.xdelta
-Europe.xdelta
-NR.03-07-23.xdelta

Thanks in advance.

rocoloco321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Great job! Looks very fun!

Could you please explain what's the diference between the three releases available on the GutHub page?

Namely:
-America.xdelta
-Europe.xdelta
-NR.03-07-23.xdelta

Thanks in advance.
Every patch will give you the same output rom. America.xdelta is for the NTSC rom, Europe.xdelta is for pal and NR.03-07-23.xdelta is for the previous build of the hack mainly made to allow updating it from the webpatcher oppossed to just doing a clean patch

Reactions: lordelan

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Every patch will give you the same output rom. America.xdelta is for the NTSC rom, Europe.xdelta is for pal and NR.03-07-23.xdelta is for the previous build of the hack mainly made to allow updating it from the webpatcher oppossed to just doing a clean patch
Thanks for pointing it.

Is it "normal" for Toad's Factory level to be broken?

At the beginnning of the race I get the wrong direction warning and when running out of track, I endlessly get located on an out of bonds zone so I have to return to the title screen.

Sorry if this has been pointed out before, but the Readme lacks this type of information. Thank again for this nice hack!

rocoloco321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for pointing it.

Is it "normal" for Toad's Factory level to be broken?

At the beginnning of the race I get the wrong direction warning and when running out of track, I endlessly get located on an out of bonds zone so I have to return to the title screen.

Sorry if this has been pointed out before, but the Readme lacks this type of information. Thank again for this nice hack!
Yeah Toad's Factory and Rainbow Road are incomplete

• Sad
Reactions: Nikokaro

rocoloco321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think that's a pretty good point, I'll probably send out new builds less often while I make sure the new stuff is worth of a new release. In the matter of that I tend to forget about updating the gba temp thread. The new release will include tricking since Prellit made a tricking asm, I'm tweaking the tracks and his code to play better

BigGangster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is Mario Kart DS with Wii tracks and elements. Okay, just like Mario Kart DS with Gamecube Tracks and elements coming from another hack. Still cool though.

rocoloco321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello gamers, sorry for the lack of updates. There has been a lot of them since the last time I posted here. So I am going to give a summary of what's going on behind the scenes.
  • First off thanks to fellow modder prellit tricks are now a thing. in case you are not subscribed to my youtube channel I posted about it some time ago.
  • Second: I also received help with graphics from my friend Birdo, this means the UI is getting a big overhaul starting with a redesigned title screen and a menu overhaul. I put some effort on my end to be able to achieve larger course pictures to try to get a more mkwii ish feel to the menu too.
    New_Title_screens.png
    menu 1.png
    menu 2.png
    NitroRevolution__28556.png
    bigcpic.png
  • And finally but not less important, I'm researching how to add more functional character IDs. I was able to make a working prototype. Please keep in mind that the model shown here was taken from ermii kart ds and is only meant to be a placeholder, I still have not decided which extra characters to add, however I think I only will add 4 more characters so suggestions on who to add are appreciated.

And that's it thank you so much for following the development of this romhack I hope to show more progress soon.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I still have not decided which extra characters to add, however I think I only will add 4 more characters so suggestions on who to add are appreciated
Well, I take this opportunity to make a modest suggestion of my own. You could add a character taken from Looney Toons Racing (psx), one from Wacky Racers (psx), one from Muppet RaceMania (psx) and one from Toy Story Racer (psx) or Smurf Racer (psx). As far as I am concerned, my favorites are the characters from the first two titles mentioned. 😉

As for the rest, I believed for a moment that your hack was already finished, before I hit my snout against the harsh, bitter reality. Alas, all that remains is to wait patiently. 🤷

RetrogamingAddict

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mushroom cup, toad's factory is brocken. Right from the start, the guy riding a cloud keep telling me i am in the wrong direction, laps don't register, and if i ever fall, i keep spawning in an empty space endless spawn loop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto