Super Mario 64 DS VC patcher for improved controls (full analogue movement and camera rotation with right analogue stick)

ORIGINALUSERNAME

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to recover, so I have the normal game with the analog patch. As for widescreen, can someone just upload the JSON config file with both of those layouts for me? I don't want any risk of screwing it up again.

Last edited by ORIGINALUSERNAME,

ORIGINALUSERNAME

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I retried, the image was just stretched. I hit reset, and now the whole screen is white! At least the console didn't crash this time, but now what do I do?!

ORIGINALUSERNAME

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did I not do it right??? This is what my patch looks like
1642172886467.png

ORIGINALUSERNAME

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did it! I figured out my problem! I wasn't using Filezillia. I used WinSCP. When I transferred the same rom.zip again with Filezillia, it worked!

Gallaer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1642193409580.png

Having issues. When I opened the SM64DS it crashed with a black screen. This is what I put in, it seems to be correct but I don't know.

IceisNice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to get this to work with injected ds rom? I injected 64ds but for some reason am64ds does not work.\
Edit: Nvm It doesn't work if the rom is injected as a VC so I bought the game off the eshop instead.

Last edited by IceisNice,

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the uninstall method, deleting the game & redownloading it, but it was weird. It wasn't patched any more, but the controls wouldn't work no matter what I tried to make Mario move. So I patched it again and it works again for analog controls.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm not sure why it would act that way for me, but it did. Not that I have a desperate need to play using the touchscreen or the d-pad, mind you.

Claytron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sd:/wiiu/controller
I've added your config file into that folder, but when I head into the app and hit + to apply patches, the screen goes black and freezes there. Any suggestions? I'm using Tiramisu, if that matters.

Thanks for the initial post btw! Love having full analogue control in SM64DS now.

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've added your config file into that folder, but when I head into the app and hit + to apply patches, the screen goes black and freezes there. Any suggestions? I'm using Tiramisu, if that matters.

Thanks for the initial post btw! Love having full analogue control in SM64DS now.
Dunno, that's what I do in Tiramisu and works for me with no issue.

Claytron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dunno, that's what I do in Tiramisu and works for me with no issue.
I was about to give up but just now I tried removing all of the other patches that came with the Controller folder (so that yours was in there alone), and that worked!..... Except, now those button remaps have remapped the Gamepad buttons everywhere, even on the Wii U dash, lol. Putting them all back in the Controller folder fixes it, but I assume there's a critical patch in there that needs to stay in order to prevent this? Here's an attachment of everything I removed, do you happen to know which one or (ones) I should put back into the Controller folder?

Attachments

• removed.png
    removed.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 32

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was about to give up but just now I tried removing all of the other patches that came with the Controller folder (so that yours was in there alone), and that worked!..... Except, now those button remaps have remapped the Gamepad buttons everywhere, even on the Wii U dash, lol. Putting them all back in the Controller folder fixes it, but I assume there's a critical patch in there that needs to stay in order to prevent this? Here's an attachment of everything I removed, do you happen to know which one or (ones) I should put back into the Controller folder?
Yes, that's how it works, only apply the patch when you intend to play Mario 64 DS

Claytron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, that's how it works, only apply the patch when you intend to play Mario 64 DS
Ohh, now I see, I had no idea it affected everything (I'm brand new to all of this, sorry. Never used HID to VPAD before today). Thanks for your help.

Last question: if I want to switch straight from playing SM64DS to another game, but I want the controls to go back to normal, is resetting the system the easiest method to achieve this? (before starting the second game)

kingcheerio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so I've got a bit of an issue, every time I try to run the analog controls patcher, my WiiU crashes. I have Tirimisu and Super Mario 64 DS VC Injected.

HeadstrongWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize for bumping an old thread, but I'm trying to run the program from the HBL, but it crashes immediately after selecting load. I've redownloaded and made sure my stuff is all up to date, but I can't figure out exactly why the installer crashes before even loading ; it crashes while still in the HBL.

Am I just dumb?

Edit ; I was being dumb. I went from Haxchi to Tiramisu and I did not know that Tiramisu had some issues running RPX files ; deleted the Mii Maker HBL from my SD (in the Tiramisu folder) and everything works normally.

Now, I'd love to look into widescreen patching but I'm a bit... "special".

Last edited by HeadstrongWolf,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's unfortunate I can't share the re version of this game. I made a cia, changed the bnr and icon. I need to see if I still have it, which is probably likely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over