Hacking bricked your N3DS in the downgrade process ? how to hard mode n3DS ?

aos10

Yuuki chan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i am thinking to buy N3DS XL soon because of the emulators in it
but i am seeing many people got their N3DS bricked , and now if you get your n3DS soft bricked you have to update to 10.5

so , you have to make sure it's successful downgrade.

1- what region of your N3DS ?
2- which update files did you use ?
3- which method did you used ?

and is there any tutorial how to hard mode n3DS XL ?

i have one for O3DS XL , but how to do it on n3DS XL ?

megatallica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem is that a downgrade doesnt remove newer files it just installs the old ones, it doesnt matter what firmware you use or Region it is. I have seen some people attempt to delete some of the new firmware cias with some success.

Its a hard MOD, meaning that you need soldering and modding skills, you then write the saved firmware directly into the system memory using the modification.

Reactions: Bubsy Bobcat

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
The problem is that a downgrade doesnt remove newer files it just installs the old ones, it doesnt matter what firmware you use or Region it is. I have seen some people attempt to delete some of the new firmware cias with some success.

wat

A title has an ID, which is called TitleID. A title also has a version, which is called "title version". The system has a nice team of system titles written in the NAND which conform the system software.

A title cannot be installed twice, as the titleID's are unique. A title on a newer version can't be overwritten by an older one. For a system software to run perfectly, needs every title in specific versions, specified by NUS SOAP responses which are recorded and stored in yellows8 page.

After this: A downgrade is an exhaustive process that uninstalls a newer title prior to install the older one to circumvent the rule, as they are then not overwritted. A dowgrade then, only uninstall and reinstalls titles needed by the older system software. Usually, newer versions include more functionality. Since we downgrade, we don't need those titles anymore, but the downgrade doesn't clean them. They are harmless to the system, and deleting them by hand can be dangerous.

Next time please check your facts. You are confusing posible unconscious readers.
Oh and please, for everyone: the NAND's contain titles, not files.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

wasting

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly... i think you can confirm, double check, triple check every file and everything and the downgrade process is still a crapshoot... either its your time and it'll work it or won't. it took me 4 n3DS 9.9s to finally get a proper downgrade

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(