Homebrew braindump prerelease - dump game contents on any system version!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok: question: are Romfs and code.bin the same between standard and hacked version of the game ? Because If I dump my X game and gets it's code.bin and romfsn then I do whatever I have to do to make it neo X (np idea on that one), will I put the codebin and romfs from X or other ones...I suppose that if i put the x ones I'll just get the standard game...

Reactions: Margen67

neobrain

-
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow! This is amazing!
Just wanted to ask... With this we could get a French/Spanish/Japanese translation out of a rom?

Probably, depends on the particular way the game stores its texts though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

is it possible make a progress bar when dumping
thank you
----------
I try to use it dump files
it shows dumping code 。。。 2683KiB。。。
and not respond

Be patient. I'm currently not aware of any way to display a progress indicator for the ExeFS dumping, and chances are it's simply not possible. The RomFS dumping (which is the lengthiest part anyway) will print its progress.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how long does this take?

Currently, pretty long. I'm not sure if there is a way to make it faster. Chances are the 3DS hardware/software simply doesn't deal well with certain SD cards, especially cheap ones. Cubic Ninja is a fairly small game (~80 MiB), yet already takes around 15-20 minutes to dump for me.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Until a true artist has a crack at it - here's a quick and dirty smdh file I created just now.

Edit: This is the image because the "wait and see" concept is obviously kinda meh

note: I'm not sure how it'll look on all the screens people use, but there is a slight gray background on the image which up till now has always looked really good for me in the homebrew launcher

Edit2: In my rush to post it I forgot to optimize the sizes - reattached the zip with optimized sizes so it doesn't look choppy on 3DS.

kVQHvEd.png

Attachments

• braindump.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 274
Last edited by Favna,

neobrain

-
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Until a true artist has a crack at it - here's a quick and dirty smdh file I created just now.

Edit: This is the image because the "wait and see" concept is obviously kinda meh

note: I'm not sure how it'll look on all the screens people use, but there is a slight gray background on the image which up till now has always looked really good for me in the homebrew launcher

snip

lol, nice.

By the way, if anyone wants to give designing a logo a shot - I wouldn't mind seeing a few other suggestions :P

Critichart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
I have a question, does it leaves some kind of forder in the sd card? (obviosly i guess? xD) i mean, where? is if a huge file?

Btw there should be a cancel buttom xD and a count down thing to know how much it will take. Anyway nice app! :D i want MK7 CTGP. Btw an icon would make the app better. :P

neobrain

-
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question, does it leaves some kind of forder in the sd card? (obviosly i guess? xD) i mean, where? is if a huge file?

Btw there should be a cancel buttom xD and a count down thing to know how much it will take. Anyway nice app! :D i want MK7 CTGP. Btw an icon would make the app better. :P

A folder will be created on the SD for each dumped game. The folder name is the title ID, which is a 16-digit number. If you're still unsure, http://www.3dsdb.com/ provides a list of title IDs for most 3DS games.

To cancel, you can just hold the power button. Not too nice, but it works :P

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Noooooo T_T
It doesn't work in sleep mode T_______T
I think this will be the best feature to add, because I have a N3DS with the charger station, I can't charge it while open (also I don't want my little sister to take my 3DS x) )

neobrain

-
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Noooooo T_T
I think this will be the best feature to add, because I have a N3DS with the charger station, I can't charge it while open (also I don't want my little sister to take my 3DS x) )

Interesting point. Not sure how much I can do about that; mind creating an issue on the GitHub page?

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Noooooo T_T
er... idk your housing situation but perhaps change it in a room which can be locked xD?

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Interesting point. Not sure how much I can do about that; mind creating an issue on the GitHub page?

Thank you for trying to help :) My English is not very good, but if noone creates an issue I will :) (Also I have to go to bed, It's 2:00 AM in France x) )

er... idk your housing situation but perhaps change it in a room which can be locked xD?

Unfortunatly I can't :( My bedroom can't be locked, and I don't trust in anyone to put my 3DS outside of my room x) I'll dump my game tomorrow when I'll have time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative