Homebrew braindump prerelease - dump game contents on any system version!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FM360

Kappa
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
can you add ftp support to this so it dumps it to the computer instead of my SD card since I don't have a lot of space on my sd card because of all of the homebrew i have on it.

Reactions: Margen67

br3compactor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think it dump from game card there will not be a problem
but run game different it would loading updates patch

Alright then. I'm doing the dump as we speak. It should be around halfways.
The good thing is that I'll probably be able to create my own rom hack, since this dump comes from my own cartridge.
I hope that works out... in that case, I'll just do that instead of installing NeoY

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't see the braindump applet at all even with the .sdmh with the other folders in root-3ds-braindump-braindump. This happens with a few other things, too. pretty damn confused here. using smea's launcher fyi

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm Sure people are going to complain about the speed but now no one has any reason to Pirate a decrypted Rom of a game they own for romhacks

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this allow me to mod smash bros? Like the dlc?

You can mod the files for characters already existing on the earliest version on your Smash cartridge, but it will not and likely will never register updates, meaning you can't edit DLC chars and (thank god) can't just DL them free.

neobrain

-
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Unlikely, since this dumps cartidge data and not DLC

I'm not entirely sure how updates work, but it's not actually dumping cartridge data but the data which "the game sees". Hence I'd guess it would dump the "updated" data. I might as well be wrong though. Feel free to try it out ;)

Some discussion on IRC suggests that indeed braindump doesn't dump updated content, as long as the update is installed in addition to the original content (as opposed to replacing it).

Last edited by neobrain,

Critichart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Ok i need to know if this is what you get when the process finish correctly? Or am i missing something?

qpcSg3A.jpg

6q279O5.jpg

nickerous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. I tried this in emunand on an O3DS. Ofw-4.2/Emunand-10.1. I was able to select the target, but then got stuck. Lines on top screen, green on bottom. Cubic ninja cia.

Thought I would have enough room for Shantee, but maybe not. 16 gb card, should have had 10-12 available...

neobrain

-
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm. I tried this in emunand on an O3DS. Ofw-4.2/Emunand-10.1. I was able to select the target, but then got stuck. Lines on top screen, green on bottom. Cubic ninja cia.

Thought I would have enough room for Shantee, but maybe not. 16 gb card, should have had 10-12 available...

For what it's worth, it should show *anything* before free SD space becomes a concern. Is your homebrew payload up to date?

nickerous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, just set everything up on the CN cia. Ninjahax 2.5, latest boot. Using through gateway. Is that the problem?

Last edited by nickerous,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/5fQHvL6iO5k?si=1qrkapNMcghUj07-