Hacking BotW Item Names for PandaOnSmack's Trainer

Wargla

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@TheWord21 I'd greatly appreciate that list. Also, @Wargla I'd like a save with those official pictures for experimentation purposes.
@Ailuros27
Here is my complete save:
https://www.multiup.eu/download/f9bc3c36912574b59dbda4e3b4518513/00050000-101C9500.rar

More details:
  • I am at the beginning of the game and I bought all photos that I could to Hateno lab's guy: 367 items at all.
  • The only item present in the save that I didn't bought is the mushroom that he is asking to photograph. It is item 177.
  • At this stage of the game, he is not selling the following items: items 107, 112, 120, 124, 136, 150, 151, 152, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 198, 319. So all these items from the encyclopedia are not available in the save.
  • The save you want to analyse is in 00050000-101C9500\80000005\1. This is this one with all items I could bought.
  • Encyclopedies in other saves in directories "0", "2", "3", "4" and "5" are either empty or contain only item 177 (in case you want to compare some data).
I hope that will help :)

robzdabladez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I seen another post mentioning how spawning Lynels crashes their game.

I managed to get them to spawn but they are weaponless, thus they just stand there looking at you flexing.

0964ad6aa15591065e951a59cc9acce6.jpg

0964ad6aa15591065e951a59cc9acce6

^-- Proof lol

Edit: @Wargla

I agree with the others, stuff like google drive is easier to manage with smaller files anyday of the week.

Edit 2: Anyone know how I could put that image in a spoiler tag or something? It's pretty big lol

Last edited by robzdabladez,

robzdabladez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't mean to double post, but pandasmack can you implement a speed hack that goes at a constant x1.5 without pressing ZL?

I'm not knowledgeable in this field, I only understand the differences in decimal and Hexadecimal language, so can yea help a friendly neighbor out?

*holds out an empty coffee cup*

Shiaoran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Ailuros27
Here is my complete save:
https://www.multiup.eu/download/f9bc3c36912574b59dbda4e3b4518513/00050000-101C9500.rar

More details:
  • I am at the beginning of the game and I bought all photos that I could to Hateno lab's guy: 367 items at all.
  • The only item present in the save that I didn't bought is the mushroom that he is asking to photograph. It is item 177.
  • At this stage of the game, he is not selling the following items: items 107, 112, 120, 124, 136, 150, 151, 152, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 198, 319. So all these items from the encyclopedia are not available in the save.
  • The save you want to analyse is in 00050000-101C9500\80000005\1. This is this one with all items I could bought.
  • Encyclopedies in other saves in directories "0", "2", "3", "4" and "5" are either empty or contain only item 177 (in case you want to compare some data).
I hope that will help :)
I've wondered about it since I started playing... Does the sunshroom have a default photo in the game files?

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm spawning the Zora King at least, he's sitting on air. You can do it in the air too, he floats there sitting on air. Like a true king.

He also offers quest, but cannot talk to him.

Npc_Zora030 is the prince of zora's.

And weirdly enough Npc_Zora031 when u talk to him no matter where u are, his daughter will interact in conversation despite being in zoras domain, The camera Pans SUPER far out when that happens. lol

Edit:Npc_Zora030 is the Prince during the battle with the divine beast, if you spawn him in water he follows you around, and you can ride him, tho He only goes in one direction and you cannot control him. Tho It is pretty cool he follows you. and Yes if you cannot get enough of him you can spawn like 10 and they all follow you.

His name is Sidon, for future reference, and what direction does he swim in? In circles?

Wargla

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Ailuros27

Please find the save in new location:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1BA8e9567Z0UnhBc1Jpcnl0OWs/view?usp=sharing

Details:

robzdabladez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
His name is Sidon, for future reference, and what direction does he swim in? In circles?
depending on the direction you mount him, he just moves at a constant speed in a straight line.

You can dismount him anytime. He can follow you slowly on ground, tho he does his swimming animation while he moves.

oh and he keeps repeating his generic VA about the ice cubes coming at you xD

Edit: My bad about the names, This game's over-world is so span I often forget whats even the plot, you just get so caught up in the random petty things in it. Kinda wish there was more side-quests to compensate for the few lackluster shrines. The shrine quests offered different pacing and were great distractions to the main story, and in my opinion were the best because the puzzle solving was done more in the over-world then in the shrine itself. Thus having the over-world feel more lively and organic.

The overworld is amazing but is also barren with a bunch of copy-paste elements scattered around like enemies and small forts. Makes me wish there were bigger, more fortress-like encampments. lmao wth I wrote way more then I expected too. Anyways cheers mate

Last edited by robzdabladez,

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depending on the direction you mount him, he just moves at a constant speed in a straight line.

You can dismount him anytime. He can follow you slowly on ground, tho he does his swimming animation while he moves.

oh and he keeps repeating his generic VA about the ice cubes coming at you xD

Edit: My bad about the names, This game's over-world is so span I often forget whats even the plot, you just get so caught up in the random petty things in it. Kinda wish there was more side-quests to compensate for the few lackluster shrines. The shrine quests offered different pacing and were great distractions to the main story, and in my opinion were the best because the puzzle solving was done more in the over-world then in the shrine itself. Thus having the over-world feel more lively and organic.

The overworld is amazing but is also barren with a bunch of copy-paste elements scattered around like enemies and small forts. Makes me wish there were bigger, more fortress-like encampments. lmao wth I wrote way more then I expected too. Anyways cheers mate

Thanks for the heads up. Now, this is the last time I'm gonna mention this problem. The last time. If it gets hand-waved again, I will not bring this issue up anymore... and according to Panda, it happens to only me and frankly, I'm just as mystified as he is... I'm not sure what exactly causes it. It's that old "Not all weapons appearing on the trainer issue" I keep trudging up. I stoutly refuse to believe I'm the only person this incident has happened to and this incident also occurs when you Save/Reload the game. If you want more details, read what happens sometimes here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/botw-item-names-for-pandaonsmacks-trainer.463959/page-42#post-7235697

Update: Now, it happens sometimes when you lose a weapon and refresh your list... and it still happens even when starting a New Game. What I want to know is why it happens.

Last edited by TheWord21,

dimasok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a few questions:

1) How do you spawn Zelda and the others? I can't find their codes in this thread so I must be blind.

2) The game does freeze occasionally, is that normal? One time it froze during loading, one time during a regular paraglide (although that happened even outside of using a trainer so not really an issue). Do some changes make the game freeze more often than others in different places?

Casis

I'm no hero, but I try to help when I can.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions:

1) How do you spawn Zelda and the others? I can't find their codes in this thread so I must be blind.

2) The game does freeze occasionally, is that normal? One time it froze during loading, one time during a regular paraglide (although that happened even outside of using a trainer so not really an issue). Do some changes make the game freeze more often than others in different places?

You probably didn't check hard enough. Zelda's code is in pages 16-25, I forgot which page exactly but it's in there. I forgot the code myself but I have spawned her before, plenty of times actually. She does nothing really, she just stands there.

dimasok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You probably didn't check hard enough. Zelda's code is in pages 16-25, I forgot which page exactly but it's in there. I forgot the code myself but I have spawned her before, plenty of times actually. She does nothing really, she just stands there.

Ok I found her. What about the codes for the other NPCs? I saw a pic in here where all of them were spawned, but again, don't see the codes...

Even this list doesn't have them:

https://github.com/joffnerd/botw-trainer/blob/master/items.json

Last edited by dimasok,

Casis

I'm no hero, but I try to help when I can.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I found her. What about the codes for the other NPCs? I saw a pic in here where all of them were spawned, but again, don't see the codes...

Even this list doesn't have them:

https://github.com/joffnerd/botw-trainer/blob/master/items.json

I assume you have missed this, too.... Here you go. Just download the file below in the lower quote.

Ask, and ye shall receive. It's a list of Actor and Object IDs, including enemies:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dikaa1nk6edqy4w/Names_of_Actors_and_Objects_from_BOTW.txt

deakphreak

Spiffy Hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the heads up. Now, this is the last time I'm gonna mention this problem. The last time. If it gets hand-waved again, I will not bring this issue up anymore... and according to Panda, it happens to only me and frankly, I'm just as mystified as he is... I'm not sure what exactly causes it. It's that old "Not all weapons appearing on the trainer issue" I keep trudging up. I stoutly refuse to believe I'm the only person this incident has happened to and this incident also occurs when you Save/Reload the game. If you want more details, read what happens sometimes here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/botw-item-names-for-pandaonsmacks-trainer.463959/page-42#post-7235697

Update: Now, it happens sometimes when you lose a weapon and refresh your list... and it still happens even when starting a New Game. What I want to know is why it happens.

I have had similar issues, but you don't need to keep posting about it. It is annoying, but as PandaOnSmack stated, he is unable to reproduce, so there is not much more he can do about it. I just ensure all my edits are done on a fresh load, save and then play the game. I also don't like leaving the TCPgeko running, so after my edits, I usually shut down the system and re-boot before playing the game. I really don't see why you would need to constantly edit things while playing, just do it when you first start playing the game. If you get a new item that you want to increase qty, just leave it until the next time you play.

I assume you have missed this, too.... Here you go. Just download the file below in the lower quote.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dikaa1nk6edqy4w/Names_of_Actors_and_Objects_from_BOTW.txt

I was looking for these a while back. Would be nice to get the list added to the OP @ShadowOne333

Edit: Looks like the file will need to be parsed out into a better format first. Should not be hard to do though.

Last edited by deakphreak,

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had similar issues, but you don't need to keep posting about it. It is annoying, but as PandaOnSmack stated, he is unable to reproduce, so there is not much more he can do about it. I just ensure all my edits are done on a fresh load, save and then play the game. I also don't like leaving the TCPgeko running, so after my edits, I usually shut down the system and re-boot before playing the game. I really don't see why you would need to constantly edit things while playing, just do it when you first start playing the game. If you get a new item that you want to increase qty, just leave it until the next time you play.

I was looking for these a while back. Would be nice to get the list added to the OP @ShadowOne333

Edit: Looks like the file will need to be parsed out into a better format first. Should not be hard to do though.

Very well... and as I have said, this'll be the last time I'm bringing this up. It's just a minor annoyance that I can overlook.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Whoever named that txt file needs help. That is called a filetree. Way too much bologna in that. If you want NPCs, I posted them a few pages back somewhere.

Just in case that's too messy for you, I do have a file of object names that's not a filetree. I didn't create that filetree, FYI.

https://www.mediafire.com/?ku6jrv2p1svruly

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

I'd be glad to do so, however I cannot do so myself at the moment.
I had eye surgery recently and cannot spend too much time in front of a screen, so I'd have to ask or see if the list is available somewhere else in a proper format.
Just in case that's too messy for you, I do have a file of object names that's not a filetree. I didn't create that filetree, FYI.

https://www.mediafire.com/?ku6jrv2p1svruly

So which one of the two should I include to the OP?

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: 4th wife