Hacking BotW Item Names for PandaOnSmack's Trainer

Lucky Dearly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
finally got it working! This is awesome!

Though I tried to give myself Fierce Deity's Sword and the Sword of the Six Sages but they showed up as unknown items. Other than that this is pretty awesome.

Last edited by Lucky Dearly,

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm very green to this, and the code I'm going to try and make is probably a complicated code, but I will try ( unless someone beats me to it *HINT HINT* ) ^_^

A code to lock the time of day. At least that will be a start, but eventually tie it in with buttons so that you can advance and turn back the clock.

UPDATE : Ok, I spent most of the night trying this and got pretty much nowhere :shit::shit::shit:

I think my biggest problem/aggravation was how long it took to search. Any suggestions on what memory range I should search in? and how big of a range I should search at a time? I have an ancient AMD Athlon 64X2 with 7gigs ram... I do have a SSD though, with a decent swap file size.

Last edited by 0100100001001001,
Reactions: zeldaism

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Technically, if we somehow connect the HEX value for your current location and translate it to the system used on the interactive map locate here: https://www.zeldadungeon.net/breath-of-the-wild-interactive-map/, couldn't we create a system based off of that longitude, latitude?

I've been researching how to equate the two, making the X,Y,Z = to the Long/Lat, I just haven't found a way to do it yet.
Have you tried going to an exact location in that map and writing down the X/Y/Z coordinates?
That could help out, maybe two or three samples to try to get the conversion right.

Check this out:
http://astro.uchicago.edu/cosmus/tech/latlong.html
https://www.codeproject.com/questions/626899/converting-latitude-and-longitude-to-an-x-y-coordi

Maybe those could help.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,
Reactions: awideen

awideen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Everyone,
@PandaOnSmack @ShadowOne333 and everyone else contributing to the trainier -Thanks a ton for this and for the co-ords add on.

Thought I would contribute where I could here are the coords for all the towers. I noticed that as long as you dont jump too far and as long as you dont jump right after warping somewhere for real the system will handle the jump. Otherwise it will crash... Also if you just change the Y value you will get an insane Revali's Gale way the heck up then you can basically paraglide to wherever. Pretty interesting things on top of the south western snow mountain while flying around what the heck do you think that giant sword is from?

Towers
Great Plateau Tower
x: -568
Y: 246
Z: 1694

Lanayru Tower
x: 2258
Y: 310
Z: -100

Eldin Tower
x: 2181
Y: 508
Z: -1552

Akkala Tower
x: 3300
Y: 593
Z: -1506

Woodland Tower
x: 883
Y: 350
Z: -1596

Herbra Tower
x: -2168
Y: 529
Z: -2031

Ridgeline Tower
x: -1758
Y: 328
Z: -782

Tabantha Tower
x: -3613
Y: 445
Z: -980

Central Tower
x: -792
Y: 197
Z: 444

Gerudu Tower
X: -3664
Y: 470
Z: 1823

Wasteland Tower:
X: -2307
Y: 530
Z: 2430

Lake Tower:
X: -39
Y: 280
Z: 2956

Faron Tower:
X: 1338
Y: 270
Z: 3269

Last edited by awideen,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey Everyone,
@PandaOnSmack @ShadowOne333 and everyone else contributing to the trainier -Thanks a ton for this and for the co-ords add on.

Thought I would contribute where I could here are the coords for all the towers. I noticed that as long as you dont jump too far and as long as you dont jump right after warping somewhere for real the system will handle the jump. Otherwise it will crash... Also if you just change the Y value you will get an insane Revali's Gale way the heck up then you can basically paraglide to wherever. Pretty interesting things on top of the south western snow mountain while flying around what the heck do you think that giant sword is from?

Towers
Great Plateau Tower
x: -568
Y: 246
Z: 1694

Lanayru Tower
x: 2258
Y: 310
Z: -100

Eldin Tower
x: 2181
Y: 508
Z: -1552

Akkala Tower
x: 3300
Y: 593
Z: -1506

Woodland Tower
x: 883
Y: 350
Z: -1596

Herbra Tower
x: -2168
Y: 529
Z: -2031

Ridgeline Tower
x: -1758
Y: 328
Z: -782

Tabantha Tower
x: -3613
Y: 445
Z: -980

Central Tower
x: -792
Y: 197
Z: 444

Gerudu Tower
X: -3664
Y: 470
Z: 1823

Wasteland Tower:
X: -2307
Y: 530
Z: 2430

Lake Tower:
X: -39
Y: 280
Z: 2956

Faron Tower:
X: 1338
Y: 270
Z: 3269
Thanks for that!
I already sent the Pull Request to add those locations to the JSON file :)

One question though, I tried doing the location for the Hateno Shrine (Myahm Agana), but when I clicked on GO I got a DSI Exception, forcing a reboot.
How can you avoid this? By simply grabbing the location as soon as you appear out of the warp without touching a single button?

awideen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a few of those DSI Exceptions. The only common thing when that happened was that it was just after I loaded the save file I tried to warp within 30 seconds or so then I got the DSI error. I ran around for a minute after loading the save or after just seeing the load screen then warped and it seemed to work fine.

I am using the EUR version of the game with the patch and DLC installed if that helps narrow things down.

It would seem to me like since the game is pulling a crap load from the memory/hdd just after the load screen then if you warp and it need to load everything from the new area you warped to the wii u just crashes.

Last edited by awideen,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

awideen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another much shorter suggestion try increasing the Y value by like 3 or 4. That is the elevation value. I wonder if you might have been a fraction of a pixel too low and that's why it crashed the system. If that works first try then increase all my Y values by a few.

I think I rounded to the nearest whole number and while for X and Z that works fine but for the Y value I could see that causing an issue.

Building a list of memory location coordinates now.

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heads up, guys: don't bother trying to go to the Divine Beast dungeons with the teleporter. I already tried that... but if anyone wants to try, these are supposed to be the coordinates to Vah Medoh:

X: 5.184375
Y: 3.000056
Z: -73.68283

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way we can add key items into the game? The only thing I've noticed is you can only replace items but not really add in. I really want the travelers saddle and bridle (which you get from amiibo) but I'm not willing to give up the other key items I have to get it.

nevermind, I just modified my korok seeds to be the bridle and saddle then collected more seeds and change them back to seeds and their correct amount. I guess that's as good as it will get.

Last edited by RemixDeluxe,

PandaOnSmack

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah at the moment I haven't been able to add something new. Just modify.

I need to study the memory area when you acquire a new item

Reactions: Mizo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way we can add key items into the game? The only thing I've noticed is you can only replace items but not really add in. I really want the travelers saddle and bridle (which you get from amiibo) but I'm not willing to give up the other key items I have to get it.

nevermind, I just modified my korok seeds to be the bridle and saddle then collected more seeds and change them back to seeds and their correct amount. I guess that's as good as it will get.

Yep, that's how I got all the ingredients. Just hold 5 different items, drop them, then change the values of those 5 to something else and save. Pickup the 5 you dropped and refresh the trainer, then change the amounts of the 5 you just picked up to whatever you want.

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks it was avast ant virus
No problem...

As for anyone who will undoubtedly ask this again, I feel like I need to lay down something here: until Panda finds out where the memory range for new items is added:
CREATING ITEMS/WEAPONS/ETC OUT OF NOTHING IS CURRENTLY IMPOSSIBLE. YOU NEED AT LEAST AN ITEM OR TWO IN YOUR INVENTORY TO GET AN ITEM THAT YOU DESIRE.

Allow me to explain it for those people step-by-step, since I've seen the question of, "Hey, how do you create an item?" over and over and other variants:

1. Simply find some items, like an Apple for instance, as they are very abundant items in the game. Find at least 6 of them, for this example.
  2. Now, open PandaOnSmack's BotW Trainer if you haven't opened it already and make sure that your anti-virus software, e.g. Avast!, is disabled before you connect to the Wii U.
  3. Now, go to the Materials section of the menu in-game and press X five times to hold five of these Apples.
  4. Exit the Pause menu and drop the apples with the X button on the ground.
  5. Go to BotW Trainer, open the "Materials" tab there, and look for "Item_Fruit_A". Let's say we want to change it into Revali's Gale [Obj_HeroSoul_Rito]. In the name box, put in "Obj_HeroSoul_Rito" and press Save Data.
  6. Go back to the Pause menu, sort your inventory, and the item should be sorted into your Key Items inventory. Click "Refresh Data" to prevent any glitches.
  7. If you want more than one key item, pick up one of the apples you dropped, click "Refresh Data" again after picking up another Apple, and repeat Steps 5-7. If there are no more Apples on the ground/in your inventory, simply go look for more.
This process is also true for Weapons/Shields/Bows/Arrows/etc.

Last edited by TheWord21,
Reactions: yodenny

killmister2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the question, but the search isn't working for me... dunno why...

What is the max durability value we can use with Panda Trainer?

Thanks

Missing Number

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
question for horse hackers out there.... is the a value for "horse link is currently riding" ? like if i jump on Epona and search for GameRomHorseEpona, and then jump on another horse then search for another..... would it turn up something moddable?

i ask instead of testing because i can't use my system at the moment , so i thought i'd get someone else to do the gruntwork for me lol

if one exists i'd like to try riding a normal horse, then going to register it, and while the dialog is up, swap the horse out for another like Lord of the Mountain and see if it registers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo