Hacking Bootmii only as ios

DuskGold

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a Wii early december and upgraded it to 4.2.

I just used banner bomb to install The homebrew chanel and dvdx.

How can I make a NAND?

DuskGold

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am really new to this.

I am still at the hackmii installer v0.6

How would I go into bootmii?

Sorry I'm not good at this : [

EDIT:

I was also told that newer wiis cant recover from a brick via boot2 nand or whatever.

Is this true?

DuskGold

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I install bootmii as my Ios than? also I only see back, about, exit to system emnu, and shutdown

DuskGold

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

These blocks are bad.

It said hit any button to exist, my remote doesn't work.

Press power or reset?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Wait...BootMii is only installed as an IOS? And not as Bootv2? And you want to use it as a Brick-Protection?

Well, forget it. Plenty times already said: BootMii as IOS is useless as an Brick-Protection. So, if you made the NAND-Backup because you thought you can fix your Wii if you brick..uhm...that's wrong or half right. In most Bricks you can't even access the BootMii-IOS, and sometimes it won't let you recover too. So...pretty useless. The only real Brick-Protection is BootMii as Bootv2.

And I agree to DeadlyFoez: Reading the Read Me's and reading up on WiiBrew can't be a bad idea...

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Wait...BootMii is only installed as an IOS? And not as Bootv2? And you want to use it as a Brick-Protection?

Well, forget it. Plenty times already said: BootMii as IOS is useless as an Brick-Protection. So, if you made the NAND-Backup because you thought you can fix your Wii if you brick..uhm...that's wrong or half right. In most Bricks you can't even access the BootMii-IOS, and sometimes it won't let you recover too. So...pretty useless. The only real Brick-Protection is BootMii as Bootv2.

And I agree to DeadlyFoez: Reading the Read Me's and reading up on WiiBrew can't be a bad idea...

Doesn't having it as preloader + Bootmii iso offer similar protection? The only difference is if you somehow uninstalled iso 61 so you couldn't load the hbc. It doesn't matter to me though, since I have it as boot2 anyway
smile.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Tonitonichopchop said:
Doesn't having it as preloader + Bootmii iso offer similar protection? The only difference is if you somehow uninstalled iso 61 so you couldn't load the hbc. It doesn't matter to me though, since I have it as boot2 anyway
smile.gif
See, there you have it, you already mentioned my point...you need Preloader/Priiloader, and if you can acess Preloader/Priiloader, you can fix it without BootMii. The only point I see is that it's more easier for Noobs to restore than doing some things with many apps. Even then, as far as I know, the Read Me says that you can't/shouldn't use BootMii as IOS to restore.

BootMii as IOS is only for Homebrew-Purposes, and that's it.

tylerzentz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DuskGold, let me clear some things up for you, seeing as you're new to this.
1. the wii remote will not work when in bootmii- you have to use a gamecube controller or the power and reset buttons on the wii to navigate.
2. if you are planning to use bootmii as an anti-brick, you will also need to look into installing priiloader.
3. this is because bootmii installed to ios does not offer as much protection as bootmii installed to boot2. priiloader basically picks up the slack for bootmii ios so it can be as efficient as bootmii boot2
5. if you decide to get priiloader with bootmii ios, NAND backups are still effective.
6. i'm hungry.
7. making a NAND backup with bootmii ios is safe, but installing a NAND backup with bootmii ios can be risky. do some research into this if you ever need to install your NAND backup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1