Where to download old Homebrew channel version? (1.0.0, 1.0.1,...)

Lima112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, I bought a Nintendo Wii with System Menu 3.4 and I'm planning to make a video showing how the Twilight Hack was used.
I think it will be interesting to show how Homebrew Channel was installed when Twilight Hack was launched, like 14, 15 years ago.

The oldest Homebrew Channel installer I found was Hackmii Installer v0.3 that installs Homebrew Channel 1.0.3.
Does anyone know where could I find Homebrew Channel installer 1.0.0 or 1.0.1?
Bootmii website had those installers in the past, but the links aren't available anymore.

Homebrew channel 1.0.3 uses IOS 61. As long as I know, IOS 61 was installed on System Menu 4.0, so I won't be able to use it on System Menu 3.4

Reactions: SylverReZ

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey guys, I bought a Nintendo Wii with System Menu 3.4 and I'm planning to make a video showing how the Twilight Hack was used.
I think it will be interesting to show how Homebrew Channel was installed when Twilight Hack was launched, like 14, 15 years ago.

The oldest Homebrew Channel installer I found was Hackmii Installer v0.3 that installs Homebrew Channel 1.0.3.
Bootmii website had those installers in the past, but the links aren't available anymore.

Homebrew channel 1.0.3 uses IOS 61. As long as I know, IOS 61 was installed on System Menu 4.0, so I won't be able to use it on System Menu 3.4
This?

https://wii.scenebeta.com/noticia/twilight-hack

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I highly recommend updating your Wii and follow the latest Wii softmod guide: https://wii.guide

Reactions: jeannotte

Lima112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I highly recommend updating your Wii and follow the latest Wii softmod guide: https://wii.guide
The intention to homebrew my Wii in System Menu 3.4 is for educational purpose only. After recording the video, I'm going to update it.

Thank you! I'll take a look

Maybe try using the wayback machine from archive.org
That's a good idea, but the download links were not found in wayback machine servers, so it didn't work

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If u want to document nostalgia you should run one of waninkoko's old cios installers, that background music is legendary, I have an mp3 of it somewhere, lol

Edit: careful which old homebrew you run, there were guides back in the day that would have u run waninkoko's 4.1 or 4.2 updater, but it's programmed to download the latest version for their system menu IOS which is stubbed, so can lead to bricks. In fact you could say such a brick was a part of my origin story eventually leading me to develop modmii :)

Reactions: Lima112

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States

i have v1.0 and v1.2 also have v0.6

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto