Gaming Bob's New Stand

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Dokidoki, at least try to stay on topic. You've been warned how many times now?

DokiDoki does NOT have a demo of MS DS. The game hasn't come out yet, nor has a demo come out yet.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
agentgamma said:
There's an interesting new Bob's Game video.
Something tells me this is the EXACT thing that happened to him. He got REJECTED. If that's what he really thinks, he's pretty naive and doesn't know jack about marketing. Nintendo's a company and their number one goal is and always will be to make money. I really hate how he tries to make Nintendo look like the bad guys.

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Even the character is a moron...

"It'll be great, that's obvious."
CEO: "Why?"
"Because.....It's obviously great"

Putting him in the victim-role didn't quite work out there!!

Taziz

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know why they don't approve bobs game, Nintendo approved so many crappy games, so why not approve a great game, >.> that wound sell better then combining all the cheap games from ds and wii combined, Nintendo is money *****, so why not earn even more ?

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's not that they didn't approve the game, they didn't approve Bob as a licensed developer. Why? Because Nintendo doesn't want that just anyone with some coding talent can release software on the system they are responsible for. They rejected him, and now he's crying like a little baby.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are stupid, none of you have played it, for all you know it's just another shitty game. Bob is an idiot as well for thinking that his 'stand' would work.

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was an interesting video...
Well, I still wanna play this game no matter what. Also, seems like bob is answering some of the the comments on youtube so if you have a few questions you want to ask him, post a comment on the video and he might actually reply like he did for several other people.

hksmrchan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sure wouldn't sell a game made by a self centered kid claiming his game is awesome.

That's what my friends say when they make a playerworld game. Fuck.

"what is the bottom screen?"

THERE IS NO BOTTOM SCREEN!

B

ball2012003

jgu1994 said:
That was an interesting video...
Well, I still wanna play this game no matter what. Also, seems like bob is answering some of the the comments on youtube so if you have a few questions you want to ask him, post a comment on the video and he might actually reply like he did for several other people.
totally agree
go bob!!

Icey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Interesting comments by Bob on youtube:
I already said a long time ago it would be released freeware even if I got published, and that I didn't care about piracy. Why are you making assumptions like this?
Who is spreading these lies?
someone said:
He's gone on record as saying it's going to end up on the DS, one way or another.
and bob said:
It will be released, don't worry!
Also:
I already said from the very start in multiple interviews and on my site that I would release for freeware even after I got published, and I didn't care about piracy.
Why did you come in here to make huge assumptions like this? Where did you hear these lies?
Bob:
When did I ever ask Nintendo to publish my game? I was trying to buy an SDK from them for several thousand dollars, which was denied.
I already said it was being released for free, even if I got published, and that I didn't care about piracy.
Why are you making assumptions like these? Where did you hear these lies?
Bob (Pretty much the same thing):
I already said I was going to from the very start. I said I would release for free even if I got published, and I didn't care about piracy.
Retail market reaches far more people than freeware does, only a small percentage of gamers are active on gaming forums and blogs.
Why are all these lies being spread about me? Where did this misinformation come from? Why are the major video game blogs owned by media networks suddenly running smear articles? I've never seen them spin things so blatantly...
---------------------------------------
That's all for now. Glad to finally get a real answer that we'll get to play it no matter what. I could of swore I heard something about him wanting to have it in retail stores or not at all...

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been exchanging comments with Bob on youtube, and it seems like he refuses to do anything but his own way.

Like he won't accept standard business terms or compromise, or even accept industry standards or common conventions of showing key gameplay elements before releasing the game.

Oh well, his loss I guess...?

Who knows? Maybe the game actually is good? But he's been releasing his info extremely poorly, he has a few unusual youtube videos here and there, but he doesn't actually all his key info on his website because he keeps changing everything.
He says he only wants to release hints, but...hints to what you're "buying"? Leave the hints to inside the actual game, please.

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, judging by the video on his site (don't know how long it's been there) my guess is the same as it's been all along.. his whole plea to Nintendo is a gimmick, and it somehow ties into the game. 'Bob's Game' is probably a mirror of 'Bob's life' (or how he sees his life) and he's trying to hype everyone up for it. Why just release a homebrew game that a few people will play when you can hype it for a year and make people excited for it?

He actually seems pretty smart, in that deranged evil genius kind of way. Kinda wish I didn't sell my DS now.
frown.gif
CorruptJon, can I have it back??

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, the video on his site...is that really in the game or did he just make that in retaliation to Nintendo?

I think maybe he's received the brunt end of Nintendo, because he just won't show a resume or past experience. (Or "data" as he seems to put it.)

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
His newest youtube video is relevant to my interests.
*waits for 9 days, anticipating the next video*

RupeeClock said:
I've been exchanging comments with Bob on youtube, and it seems like he refuses to do anything but his own way.

Like he won't accept standard business terms or compromise, or even accept industry standards or common conventions of showing key gameplay elements before releasing the game.

Oh well, his loss I guess...?

Who knows? Maybe the game actually is good? But he's been releasing his info extremely poorly, he has a few unusual youtube videos here and there, but he doesn't actually all his key info on his website because he keeps changing everything.
He says he only wants to release hints, but...hints to what you're "buying"? Leave the hints to inside the actual game, please.
He's crazy but his game seems good.

also,
RupeeClock: I like your avatar
smile.gif

greygoosecat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm still interested in the game, regardless of how he acts. I guess I'm confused about people who keep complaining about him. If you don't like him, why not just move on and forget about him? Even if the games turns out to be crap, I don't care how he acts. He can act as he pleases.

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
Well, the video on his site...is that really in the game or did he just make that in retaliation to Nintendo?

I think maybe he's received the brunt end of Nintendo, because he just won't show a resume or past experience. (Or "data" as he seems to put it.)

It wouldn't surprise me that this was already a part of the game/story line, and his whole 'plea' to Nintendo and 100 day stand off was planned and somewhat 'fake'. What if he never really tried to get an SDK and is making Nintendo out to be the bad guy just for publicity? If he's claiming that he was going to release it for free, why not just use devkitpro like all other homebrew developers? And if he doesn't have the SDK, I can only assume he's been using devkitpro thus far.

I dunno, I'm always critical of this kind of conspiracy mindset and try to see it from all angles, especially the conspirator's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!