Hacking Bliss' final AK2 loader (akmenu4.nds only)

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bliss said:
[4.0.7.FIN]
I'm sorry, this is my final AK2 release. I have already removed full source code of ak2 & akrpg from my hdd.
So, I cannot fix even if there are any bugs.
Thanks a Lot.

1. fixed white screen all of the rom has type like 0122.(I hope)
2. supported to load rom with external loader(ie, akmenu4.nds of the official or official beta). I hope this option can help you about unstable or unexecutable roms.
USAGE) copy official akmenu4.nds into __ak2 and then turn on the "use external loader" option in each rom setting menu.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2806
Bliss' blog

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
This is sadness.
cry.gif

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"He's taking his ball and going home " rofl

The use external loader bit if i understand it seems good?
I dont really know what the bits of the firmware are etc so may be wrong but does this mean that:
This is basically a collection of settings/configurations which can be used with other updated 'firmwares'?
eg a bliss version may have used official a15 as base and has option to choose save slot, set rom options individually etc.... with this you can continue using these options when a16 comes?
or is it more a case of use bliss until it fails - if it fails use other loader without the extras?
sorry for improper use of terms
smile.gif

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
[2008-07-07 KST]
I will get off my hand these custom firmware projects because of dirty backbiting cowards.
And I will remove all my source code and binary release about these projects in 7 days from my HDD and homepage.
Sooo... He's not making anymore because people are doing what? Something to do with his code?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jabjab said:
"He's taking his ball and going home " rofl

The use external loader bit if i understand it seems good?
I dont really know what the bits of the firmware are etc so may be wrong but does this mean that:
This is basically a collection of settings/configurations which can be used with other updated 'firmwares'?
eg a bliss version may have used official a15 as base and has option to choose save slot, set rom options individually etc.... with this you can continue using these options when a16 comes?
or is it more a case of use bliss until it fails - if it fails use other loader without the extras?
sorry for improper use of terms
smile.gif

I'm not certain, but I believe that the use of the official loader shouldn't disable options like save slots, but will bypass some of the fixes that Bliss has added. Presumably, the official loader will contain its own fixes though. It looks like you set whether it uses the official loader on a game-by-game basis, so you could set it to use the official only for newer games that Bliss won't work with otherwise.

I'm wondering if the Bliss menu will work with the upcoming 4.08 version of the official loader. If it works with the beta (I haven't tried it yet) it should work with 4.08.

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks seren. At least that's some good news! The features that are there should work for a while presumably then, by enabling the official loader for newer releases. Maybe Acekard will actually add some of them to the official menu.

-Bri

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well this might ease the pain

From the AK series ended discussion thread.
QUOTE said:
Email From ACEKARD

I emailed ACEKARD and asked them a few question, and mentioned BLISSES leaving.

Here is the reply I got.

GREAT TEAM, and answered very quickly.

Hi
Do not worry. We do not know what happend to Bliss but we'll respect his choice and thank him for his great work.
We can add all his features in our official firmware. But it need some time to check it. By the way the attached is our lasest firmware 4.08beta test ver 3. I think it's almost perfect. No matter the lag of Castlevinia or some hang up when download. We all solved. But we still need some more time to test. Because it's a totally new engine. So if you could help us to test it would be appreciate. If there's any game which get black or white screen then just close all special funcions and try again. And some games can't use soft-reset for perfect capability.
Any issues please report to us. Thank you so much.

Regards
Acekard

Seems to be some hope there.

I'm sticking with them, they are the only compay who bothered to answer all my questions.

The future now looks a shade brighter.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A response from Acekard to the above post in a different thread: http://www.acekard.com/bbs/viewthread.php?...;page=2#pid7437

QUOTE said:
We do not know what happend but we've contacted Bliss and others to persuade him to stay. It's because Bliss so we've time to resolve the biggest issue of our firmware. And now i think we did it. Thanks to Bliss anyway.
For the future, we can add bliss's work to official release and i believed that there would be another ones can bring his/their customer firmware of ak to public.
Anyone who wants Bliss to stay you can send email to us([email protected]) and we'll CC to Bliss and try our best to change his mind.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-