Better way to dump 83v2 93450

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by sjones900, Dec 3, 2009.

Dec 3, 2009
  1. sjones900
    OP

Member sjones900 GBAtemp Advanced Member

United States
    Well it's still not easy but I guess it is easier.. Source

2. Neko

Member Neko Been a while.

Germany
    Using iXtreme 1.6 would be incredibly stupid. I don't understand why they released it now.

3. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Why not release it?, not everyone cares about live, plenty of people are happy just to have 1.6 so they can play their backups. Not every one is obsessed over a p2p service you have to pay for.

4. godsakes

Member godsakes GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    soldering seem bad enough, but here you've got to cut traces and rejoin them after??

anyone got a youtube vid showing how this is done?

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    You can either use bridges of solder or wire (soldering onto the trace*) or using conductive ink. I suspect someone will hybridise the methods at some point (using both sides of the PCB and pins rather than cuts, I may be wrong if they are using voltage to override logic)

*same as normal soldering but at a finer level and you will likely have to remove the mask first (a scalpel or something will do it)

@Neko what Armadillo said and also it is a third party hack of sorts rather than an official release.

6. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I doubt that there will ever be a way for this method to work without either lifting pins or cutting tracks. I've not looked too far into it, but from what I understand it's basically tricking the controller into thinking the flash is empty so you get access to it, and it does this by only powering the controller and not the flash inside and then once drive is up and running you flick it over and give the flash the power it needs. So I don't think there will be a way to avoid it, if you have to kill power to the flash, you're going to have to break a connection somewhere.

7. jefke

Newcomer jefke Newbie

Belgium
    hi

when I cut the track (not 101) I tested with multi and I always have connection

is it normal ?

thx