Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

NoTenkyu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, here's a weird question: would it be possible to extract a save file from a game on the switch (say, for example, Hollow Knight), transfer that file to a PC port of the game, and continue playing without losing anything?

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, here's a weird question: would it be possible to extract a save file from a game on the switch (say, for example, Hollow Knight), transfer that file to a PC port of the game, and continue playing without losing anything?
Yes, it is possible for some games. Normally there are some difference in format so they won't just work.
Post automatically merged:

Hello everyone!

Short story first: i sold my Switch two years ago as i could not stand the constant trouble with the CFW (Atmosphere at the time), finding shops, updating/not updating when getting a new game, etc etc. So out of frustration i sold it. Now i've heard about the Mig Switch, so on a whim i bought a used Switch. After digging deeper i heard that the Mig Switch is kinda bad (?).

What i want is a hassle free way of playing backups, cost doesn't really matter. What are my options?
Hire someone to do it for you

By the way MIG is suppose to be very good for playing backup of your own game. If you only have one Switch there is no problem at all, if you have more than one then you need to make sure not more than one go online playing the same game.

Most people have zero problem with Nintendo eshop.

Last edited by TomSwitch,
Reactions: Blythe93

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
What i want is a hassle free way of playing backups, cost doesn't really matter. What are my options?
Short answer: There are no hassle-free options available other than paying someone to do that for you, as TomSwitch has mentioned.

Long answer: There will always be some hassle. Switch with an Atmosphere CFW, sys-patch (for sigpatches) and DBI (for installing games) is the way to go. You can find the game files somewhere on the Internet and install them via USB cable connected to your PC. I've yet to run into an issue, but note that I'm not installing unofficial mods and cheats so there's that.

MIG Switch or similar, on the other hand, is almost guaranteed way to get your Switch banned if not used properly i.e. for the backups of your own games. You can also form a group of friends where you can exchange the games you have between yourselves, just make sure that no one's playing the same game at the same time (which is probably a hassle?). However, if you use the publicly available full dumps on the Internet, you'll get banned sooner or later. Staying offline and DNS blocking the Nintendo servers is only delaying the inevitable as your console keeps logs of anything you do on your console and, once that reaches Nintendo servers, you'll get flagged for ban at best. Note that if you get banned you can still update your console's firmware. As for the game updates, you'll be able to update your games only via local network if you have another Switch laying around with the same game but on a higher version.

Waff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
Does installing an alternative OS (Linux, Ubuntu, etc) compromises the Switch's hardware in any way? I'm mostly thinking of battery life.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does installing an alternative OS (Linux, Ubuntu, etc) compromises the Switch's hardware in any way? I'm mostly thinking of battery life.
There is three part to battery health.
1. The total number of full charge equivalent delivered. i.e. how much you use it. The more you use the more damage it gets.
2. The amount of stress it experienced, both extreme, very full and very empty, stress the battery and damage it.
3. How the charging algorithm works, fast charging is always damaging, but especially at the two extreme of fullness.

The OS you use of course affects your battery in all the above aspect.

Will letting your friend drive you car harm it? Who knows?

For good battery health you want to avoid the two extreme end, how far you keep away from the two extreme will mean how much battery life per full charge you get. It is a trade off. I believe Nintendo play it safe. ( meaning you don't get the full use of your battery per full charge )

Last edited by TomSwitch,

Tharealmb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
I've had a look through my Switch folder on my SD card and could see my keys so have downloaded these to my pc.

Now that I have these I'm not sure what the next action is. I have the BOOT0 and BOOT1 as well as 15 rawnand files all dated 2020 but I'd want to access the recent saves on my Emummc on my SD card? It's the only decent size one I own so was thinking maybe I should save the contents to my pc as I'll be needing this for going through the CFW process from scratch with my replacement switch.
No experience, but in that topic they're talking about NxNandManager. You should be able to load your keys into it with the data and that might do it?

In short, you need a way (software) to open the encrypted data, and supply those keys as decryption keys. Then you should be able to browse it like a folder structure with those tools.

switchfan161

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey Folks,
can you maybe help me. I'm now on Sys version: 17.01 I AMS 1.6.2 I
I wanted to play new games like Nes World oder Schrim which efforts a FW 18.01. Everytime I try to install them Awoo Installer gives me the error: OpenFileSystemWithld124: Failed to open file system with id...

I don't know why but I think I have to update to the new AMS and actual fw 18.01.
In the past I did it per Jits (Just insert this stuff) but it's offline now. Can I just replace the files from the actual AMS github page on the root of my switch sd card and update the fw per daybreak?
Will this fix my problem?

Thanks in advance! :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Folks,
can you maybe help me. I'm now on Sys version: 17.01 I AMS 1.6.2 I
I wanted to play new games like Nes World oder Schrim which efforts a FW 18.01. Everytime I try to install them Awoo Installer gives me the error: OpenFileSystemWithld124: Failed to open file system with id...

I don't know why but I think I have to update to the new AMS and actual fw 18.01.
In the past I did it per Jits (Just insert this stuff) but it's offline now. Can I just replace the files from the actual AMS github page on the root of my switch sd card and update the fw per daybreak?
Will this fix my problem?

Thanks in advance! :)
Yes, I would highly recommend downloading the files from the official Atmosphere GitHub page to update your setup instead of using JITS. Once you've gotten a hold of the new files, you can update your firmware via Daybreak.

Reactions: Blythe93

switchfan161

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks! So i really ony replace the folders from the SD card with the files from the atmosphere and the switch folder from the AMS github release? What about the fusee.bin. do i need it? I usually Start the switch with tegra rcm and Hekate_ctcaer_5.6.5.bin

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! So i really ony replace the folders from the SD card with the files from the atmosphere and the switch folder from the AMS github release? What about the fusee.bin. do i need it? I usually Start the switch with tegra rcm and Hekate_ctcaer_5.6.5.bin

You use the fusee.bin that is associated with that build if you are using fusee, if you are using hekate to boot fss0 build then you need updated package3.

switchfan161

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So it's possible to just insert fusee in tegra rcm and Start the switch with jig tool inserted? Or should i use Hekate_ctcaer_5.6.5.bin as before?

switchfan161

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It worked upgrading AMS and ofw. But a lot of games are not running when i Start the switch with fusee. When i Start it with the old Hekate_ctcaer_5.6.5 it gives me the error: incorrect fusee Version! Why are a lot of my SD games are not working?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

switchfan161

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just installed the last hekate 6.2.1 and moved the bootloader folder to SD. But the switch only starts if i inject the fusee payload. And then most of the games are not running. I dont really understand how to update the sig patches. Is there an easy way to do it? Sorry for noobie questions...
Post automatically merged:

Okay, thank you so much. Updating the SIG patches helped me fixing it. Only one New game is not running: Schim. When i try to start it switch wants to connect to the Internet. Really weird. Never had this with a game before.

Last edited by switchfan161,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed the last hekate 6.2.1 and moved the bootloader folder to SD. But the switch only starts if i inject the fusee payload. And then most of the games are not running. I dont really understand how to update the sig patches. Is there an easy way to do it? Sorry for noobie questions...

Use Hekate to load package3, if you use fusee.bin you have to jump through hoop

daddie05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob here: I have two Nintendo switches. One of them was modded (I paid someone) back in late 2020 but died on me so it hasn’t been turned on in 2 to 3 years.
The other switch (xaw) I just picked up because he only wanted 125. I got an RCM jig. I would like to get both of them softmodded.
I followed this tutorial on YouTube, but I was a bit hesitant when I had to join the telegram group for the SD files. I’m having trouble formatting my SD cards to Fat 32. Would all this be possible with a MacBook?

The last time I turned on my PC was before Covid happened.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: :tpi: