sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
arranzafp/Maximus released a modified version of the Lite-On iXtreme v1.6 to work with the 83850-v2 and 93450 drives:

Just finished hexediting and testing
Here are templates for Ixtreme 1.6 for 83V2 and 93450 liteon firmwares
what you need to do is place your keys/serials on it and flash
use Jungleflasher or Hexedit, whatever, keep you original stored for future upgrades

Dont ask why you got banned if you play Online with this firmware, its 1.6, also I just tested with 2 consoles so its your call
the fws are based on the 83v1 ixtreme 1.6 I could have do it based on the 74 but Its the first I saw, dont think based on the 74 would make them safer anyway

News-Source: carranzafp on XBH

In related news, MRA released a new and better method to dump/read those Lite-On 83850-v2 and 93450 drives:

No pin lifting or epoxy removing needed anymore! Just solder anything on the back according to this picture.
Also if you got status 0x52 instead of 0x72 with the "1,8V-method" this should do it. I already dumped 4 drives with this method without any issues.
loboard.jpg

-switch in pos 1
-power drive
-start Dosflash --> SPI should get recognized with status 0x72
-put switch in pos 2
-click "read"

unsolder anything and reconnect the lines that have been cut.

Well it's still not easy but I guess it is easier.. Source

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why not release it?, not everyone cares about live, plenty of people are happy just to have 1.6 so they can play their backups. Not every one is obsessed over a p2p service you have to pay for.

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
soldering seem bad enough, but here you've got to cut traces and rejoin them after??

anyone got a youtube vid showing how this is done?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can either use bridges of solder or wire (soldering onto the trace*) or using conductive ink. I suspect someone will hybridise the methods at some point (using both sides of the PCB and pins rather than cuts, I may be wrong if they are using voltage to override logic)

*same as normal soldering but at a finer level and you will likely have to remove the mask first (a scalpel or something will do it)

@Neko what Armadillo said and also it is a third party hack of sorts rather than an official release.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I doubt that there will ever be a way for this method to work without either lifting pins or cutting tracks. I've not looked too far into it, but from what I understand it's basically tricking the controller into thinking the flash is empty so you get access to it, and it does this by only powering the controller and not the flash inside and then once drive is up and running you flick it over and give the flash the power it needs. So I don't think there will be a way to avoid it, if you have to kill power to the flash, you're going to have to break a connection somewhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: New Ninja in chat