Bethesda announces Fallout Monopoly

mono.PNG

Today Bethesda have announced Fallout Monopoly . There isn't any more detailed info available at the moment apart from the board game will launch this November, probably around the release date of Fallout 4.

Capture.PNG

:arrow: Fallout Monopoly Announce Tweet

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
The triple-A industry is pushing itself towards another crash.
More money equals bankruptcy? Backwards logic.

The movie industry's merchandising dwarfs the game industry and it has no effect on it's viability. It's not 1983 -- the game industry is too big to crash now.

Now where's my goddamn fallout 4 undies. :angry:

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More money equals bankruptcy? Backwards logic.

The movie industry's merchandising dwarfs the game industry and it has no effect on it's viability. It's not 1983 -- the game industry is too big to crash now.

Now where's my goddamn fallout 4 undies. :angry:
The crash was about a major loss in consumer trust, was it not?

Reactions: Margen67

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
The crash was about a major loss in consumer trust, was it not?
The console game industry was basically just Atari at that point, so you can see how a lack of competition made them complacent to the point of shoveling crap without a care of consumer revolt.

This couldn't happen today given multiple big studios, 10's of medium studios, and 1000's of indies.

Reactions: T-hug

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The console game industry was basically just Atari at that point, so you can see how a lack of competition made them complacent to the point of shoveling crap without a care of consumer revolt.

This couldn't happen today given multiple big studios, 10's of medium studios, and 1000's of indies.

it definitely was based on a lack of trust. Too many consoles saturated the market like Bally, Fairchild, APF, ColecoVision, Intellivison, Vectrex etc. And lets not forget Pac-Man and ET.

EDIT:
.....and the 5200. That goddamn 5200

Reactions: ihaveahax

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
it definitely was based on a lack of trust. Too many consoles saturated the market like Bally, Fairchild, APF, ColecoVision, Intellivison, Vectrex etc. And lets not forget Pac-Man and ET.

.....and the 5200. That goddamn 5200
"Atari: 80% market share by 1981" http://www.giantbomb.com/atari/3010-182/

Like what I said before: it was a one horse Atari race and they didn't try very hard after dominating their competition. This led to the home console crash. Now we have at least 8-9 viable platforms and dozens of large studios competing for billions of dollars of game industry capital. Too big too fail even if a few get complacent/greedy/untrustworthy.

"lack of trust" well yeah, that's what happens with years of substandard product.

And going back to the first post I took issue with: what the hell does merchandising have to do with game quality? You really think gamers will judge/boycott Fallout or the game industry at large based on the existence of Monopoly boards and Pipboy underwear? Please.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Is this a Fallout monopoly or a Fallout new vegas monopoly?
If it was a Fallout Monopoly I'd expect to see things like Mariposa, The boneyard, West tek research facility, New Reno, NCR (The fallout 2 location)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Finally! This is just the kind of game that compliments the game in the perfect sense. Think about it...trekking through the barren outlands of fallout, scavenging for food and bottle caps, going through wrecked houses and avoiding rangers and humming "War...war never changes" to yourself. There's nothing but scattered trees, mutated beasties and wrecked ruins. That's just the PERFECT setting for a tycoon game where you constantly attempt to control territory, build houses and hotels, and make long term investments in large sums of money...right? :tpi:

/sarcasm

Christ allmighty. I like fallout (a lot), and fancy a game of monopoly. But what kind of an idiot does it take to think that fallout creates a good monopoly setting? For monopoly, it's probably the least interesting gaming franchise outside tetris. But they make it anyway.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice idea imo! When you love playing monopoly and fallout, why not? :P
Cant wait to mod it into a litter box...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :D:)