'Fallout 4 G.O.T.Y.' goes DRM-free with GOG release

fallout 4 goty.jpg

Bethesda's post-apocalyptic action-RPG, Fallout 4, is now available DRM-free on GOG. The G.O.T.Y. version of the game launched on the storefront today and features items such as Automatron, Wasteland Workshop, Far Harbor, Contraptions Workshop, Vault-Tec Workshop, and Nuka-World.

A 75% launch discount is available until August 31st on GOG. The new-gen console version of game is also expected to launch sometime this year on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S with a performance mode, support for 4K resolutions, extra Creation Club content and some bug fixes.

:arrow:SOURCE

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I don't get why people moan about DRM measures put into games, if you have officially "purchased" the game, with proof of purchase, the DRM isn't an issue.

Devs have the right to at least make life harder for those that have zero interest in ever purchasing games when they can download them for free.

Its funny because I see it like this, DRM, only people that actually suffer are those that expect it to be free, so it can be cracked and downloaded.

And they'll claim to "never" pirate and that piracy doesn't harm anyone and all that, yet if you purchased it, then there's nothing to moan about.

Games Xtreme

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gamesxtremes-gaming-and-modding.blogspot.de
XP
Country
Germany
Honestly I don't get why people moan about DRM measures put into games, if you have officially "purchased" the game, with proof of purchase, the DRM isn't an issue.

Devs have the right to at least make life harder for those that have zero interest in ever purchasing games when they can download them for free.

Its funny because I see it like this, DRM, only people that actually suffer are those that expect it to be free, so it can be cracked and downloaded.

And they'll claim to "never" pirate and that piracy doesn't harm anyone and all that, yet if you purchased it, then there's nothing to moan about.
If there is DRM it's more an issue for people that buy their games.
Look, for example, at the performance issues in Resident Village with DRM activated. They are also enough single player games with always-online-DRM (sucks big time on a Steam Deck if you travel). If you have internet at your current position or location it's not a big deal, but that'not always the case.
There is also that thing with number of activations for a game.
DRM only sucks for people that buy, the pirates don't give a shit. Maybe the have to wait a little while after release.
I buy, if possible, content without DRM. But if there is no available option, and if it bothers me, i have no problem to crack it and remove the drm.

PrinceOfEcchi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there is DRM it's more an issue for people that buy their games.
Look, for example, at the performance issues in Resident Village with DRM activated. They are also enough single player games with always-online-DRM (sucks big time on a Steam Deck if you travel). If you have internet at your current position or location it's not a big deal, but that'not always the case.
There is also that thing with number of activations for a game.
DRM only sucks for people that buy, the pirates don't give a shit. Maybe the have to wait a little while after release.
I buy, if possible, content without DRM. But if there is no available option, and if it bothers me, i have no problem to crack it and remove the drm.
Completely agree! DRM causes so many issues for compatibility since there is another layer of ‘unnecessary’ info being read, the games have a ‘harder’ time reading and just working as intended. There are a lot of cases where companies after a few months have just straight up removed drm from their games since the initial burst of sales is over. I believe Capcom has been one that has openly said it? GOG completely deserves a place at the pc store front table, and DRM free games should be more abundant than they are imo.

Reactions: Games Xtreme

hertzian56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FO3/NV are better games much more real DLCs just old graphics but I did enjoy FO4 no doubt and both dlcs and of course the modding community for all these is insane. It wouldn't be downtown without huge FPS crash LOL Yeah they killed this series with greedster online 76 should have released 5 by now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.